Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Spray tans in melbourne????

Spray tans in melbourne????

Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:06 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spray tans in melbourne????

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I went to a 'salon' : have to admit there is something very vulgar about these crops of salons popping up all over - for a little fundraiser thing that was going on and there were all these women walking around looking like they had rolled around in ash.

If that is what you have to do to look orange then it's a total waste of time.
I am grateful that my wife tends to eschew all beauty that is artificial. I sometimes wish women would remember that beauty is sometimes what you don't do, or mess with.

What happened to an elegant foot, natural toenails (girls! these look great!), nice dress, or a hair placed in plaits..a nice smile. You don't need to slap on paints, oils and lotions half the time and you'll save a fortune! I did however quite like all the attention I got from these women who all felt a million dollars...(good for them!)

Cheers
I don't understand the way females spend an absolute fortune on hair, nails, beauty, make up, massage or whatever it might be, but my OH cant understand me spending an absolute fortune (in her opinion) on my 4x4. who's right so who's right and who's wrong?

we all like to be pampered in different ways. the girls want to be coated in massage oil, and we want to have our hands and jeans covered in engine oil.

Old Nov 4th 2013, 11:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
I don't understand the way females spend an absolute fortune on hair, nails, beauty, make up, massage or whatever it might be, but my OH cant understand me spending an absolute fortune (in her opinion) on my 4x4. who's right so who's right and who's wrong?

we all like to be pampered in different ways. the girls want to be coated in massage oil, and we want to have our hands and jeans covered in engine oil.

...and some women never have their nails done or get massages, while some men do. Different strokes, and as long as I'm not being asked to pay for it it's none of mine or anyone else's business.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
my wife is Dutch so all good with the spray tan then?
LOL I know the post was for youHallo
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Nano particles in sunscreens and fake tanning products are the worrying factor. We've only used sunscreen with no nano particles (minus chemical absorbers) for years.
What brand is this?
Old Nov 5th 2013, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
What brand is this?
Sorry, don't understand the question. If you're asking which brand doesn't contain nano particles, there are a lot, you just check the fine print on the bottle/tube and if it says "does not contain nano particles" or "no chemical absorbers" it's okay.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:29 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

...and some women never have their nails done or get massages, while some men do. Different strokes, and as long as I'm not being asked to pay for it it's none of mine or anyone else's business.
Same here, MIL is hairdresser so get a hair done if needed and she had time (I have very long hair so no constant trimming needed, nails... Well they get worn down so why bother, make up I can do myself and all this skin stuff, my skin is so stuffed why bother Lol...

My 4x4 on the other hand, jeez it needs looking after for sure! More money goes to my baby than me for sure!
Old Nov 5th 2013, 2:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Same here, MIL is hairdresser so get a hair done if needed and she had time (I have very long hair so no constant trimming needed, nails... Well they get worn down so why bother, make up I can do myself and all this skin stuff, my skin is so stuffed why bother Lol...

My 4x4 on the other hand, jeez it needs looking after for sure! More money goes to my baby than me for sure!
I like your style, Teza
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Kirstypowles is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dave99
dont see the attraction, why would you want to look orange or like an oompa lumpa, this isnt jersey shore
If the application is done CORRECTLY you don't look like an oomph lump
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Don't be fake get a real tan, if that's what you want, just do it over time and not in one day. Far healthier for you, just don't get burnt.
That fake stuff is not good for the skin and looks well....frankly fake.
How can this be true?????? if you read the post properly in the first time I'm not looking for a tan am looking to see if its as popular in oz as it is in england. The 'fake' stuff is far more healthier for the skin, than a 'real' tan!!!
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I went to a 'salon' : have to admit there is something very vulgar about these crops of salons popping up all over - for a little fundraiser thing that was going on and there were all these women walking around looking like they had rolled around in ash.

If that is what you have to do to look orange then it's a total waste of time.
I am grateful that my wife tends to eschew all beauty that is artificial. I sometimes wish women would remember that beauty is sometimes what you don't do, or mess with.

What happened to an elegant foot, natural toenails (girls! these look great!), nice dress, or a hair placed in plaits..a nice smile. You don't need to slap on paints, oils and lotions half the time and you'll save a fortune! I did however quite like all the attention I got from these women who all felt a million dollars...(good for them!)

Cheers

Some women don't feel as comfortable in their own skin as apose to when they have there makeup on or have there hair done nice, would you rather be with someone who feels good about there self and have confidence or someone that has insecurities (i no we all have some) and doesn't have the confidence??????

I like to look good with me makeup and hair done and YES a "fake tan" because i feel and look more healthier with a tan. This doesn't mean it has to be orange, like I've replied to another member, if the application is done correctly and you use the "proper" stuff and not the cheap stuff then you will end up with a naturally looking tan!!!

I have been spray tanning for almost 3 years, and, not once has anyone ever said to me my customers look orange! In FACT 99% of my customers and my self, had been asked were we had been on holiday after a tan as its that natural looking and doesn't start to come off all blotchy and patchy. Even my husband and he's friends have them there that natural looking and my fella isn't a pretty boy, he's a hgv technician and his friends also do a similar job role. so i doubt very much that they would turn up to work looking ORANGE or FAKE

The only orange ones you will see is if it hasn't been done properly as the same with any other hair or beauty service.

Rant over
Old Nov 6th 2013, 12:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kirstypowles
Some women don't feel as comfortable in their own skin as apose to when they have there makeup on or have there hair done nice, would you rather be with someone who feels good about there self and have confidence or someone that has insecurities (i no we all have some) and doesn't have the confidence??????

I like to look good with me makeup and hair done and YES a "fake tan" because i feel and look more healthier with a tan. This doesn't mean it has to be orange, like I've replied to another member, if the application is done correctly and you use the "proper" stuff and not the cheap stuff then you will end up with a naturally looking tan!!!

I have been spray tanning for almost 3 years, and, not once has anyone ever said to me my customers look orange! In FACT 99% of my customers and my self, had been asked were we had been on holiday after a tan as its that natural looking and doesn't start to come off all blotchy and patchy. Even my husband and he's friends have them there that natural looking and my fella isn't a pretty boy, he's a hgv technician and his friends also do a similar job role. so i doubt very much that they would turn up to work looking ORANGE or FAKE

The only orange ones you will see is if it hasn't been done properly as the same with any other hair or beauty service.

Rant over
I feel healthier when I'm eating well and getting enough sleep, not whether I have a tan. You may find the attitude to fake tanning a little different here in Australia - the last 30 years or so Australians have been encouraged to cover up, wear sunscreen and shown that flawless white skin is pretty. If you live in a tropical part of Australia, you'll see most people have a healthy glow from everyday living, no need for fake tanning.

Of course there are many that do tan, either by artificial means or by sunning themselves (solariums are actually being phased out by government regulations in some states now) but it's not considered an attractive thing in most circles here.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I guess the irony if you look at the bigger picture is that some people want a fake tan whilst others are killed and discriminated against and a lot of the trouble in the world is because groups of people have too good of a tan. Michael Jackson used to whiten himself. Funny old world isn't it?