Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sos!! Calling All Femail Expats In Sydney!!!

Sos!! Calling All Femail Expats In Sydney!!!

Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

smidgemum2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sos!! Calling All Femail Expats In Sydney!!!

Hi...I'd love to go. We have been here nearly 7 months and I do miss the old girly nights out - get's a bit boring just seeing the hubbie! However, my mum arrives here from the UK for 2 weeks on the Wednesday before, so I might feel a bit bad buggering off out on her third night here....I'll see how she feels about things, so keep me in on the loop....if I cannot make this one, then how about making this a regular thing????
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

suzysu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope your mum enjoys her stay here, im sure she will. Dont think i'll be seeing my mum til about jan time but hoping one of my friends will be coming over in nov for 3 weeks.
I'm sure there will be another night out if u do miss this one.

Su
Old Jun 11th 2005, 5:14 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smidgemum2
Hi...I'd love to go. We have been here nearly 7 months and I do miss the old girly nights out - get's a bit boring just seeing the hubbie! However, my mum arrives here from the UK for 2 weeks on the Wednesday before, so I might feel a bit bad buggering off out on her third night here....I'll see how she feels about things, so keep me in on the loop....if I cannot make this one, then how about making this a regular thing????

Hi smidgemum2, don't worry about going out when your mum's there. i know you probably want to spend all your time with her. but this will be good for you and your mum will probably be so happy that she can see you have made friends and are getting out. if you have kids she will love the time she has with them as well.

louise
Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Thanks! I'm sure she would tell me to go!!! She'll probably be all over the place with jetlag still...and yes, she can't wait to see the grandkids (her only ones) who are 2yrs 8mths and 6 yrs....she has really missed them. I think it is harder for her than us, as she is at home doing all the "normal" things while we are in a new exciting place with loads of new stuff to do! So I will aim to meet you all there!

Cheers in advance,
Angela
Old Jun 11th 2005, 7:53 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Sos!! Calling All Femail Expats In Sydney!!!

I envy you all have a great night out Living in the sticks it is impossible to get back home by public transport later at night and if I drive I couldnt drink.
I shall have to make do with the ExPats Sydney meets whcih are great.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Listen, I know exactly how you feel, my mum is coming in 3 weeks time (hurray!! a babysitter at last!!!) but if she is anything like my mum she will be over the moon to be asked to sit while you go out and meet your new drinking buddys, she will at last feel useful, I bet she will have soooo missed sitting for your kids that she will be in her element. However, that said, completely understand if you want to skip this one and spend time with her, and believe me if I have my way there will definitely be other girly meets.

Take care,

LOUISE
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

I'm sure you're all right and it's only one night in 2 weeks...so count me in.

Are you all over here for good? We are only meant to be here for 2 years but we are already thinking that won't be long enough/think hubbie would stay for good. Don't think I'll bring that up with my mum this time though!!!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Originally Posted by yafm
I envy you all have a great night out Living in the sticks it is impossible to get back home by public transport later at night and if I drive I couldnt drink.
I shall have to make do with the ExPats Sydney meets whcih are great.
Hi yafm,

Listen, I have loads of room here, if you would like to join us, let me know, I can easily put you up for the night. I'd hate anyone missing out due to not being able to get home at night (by the way, your not crazy are you :scared: :scared: ) And if you make a mean bacon sarnie, your even more welcome

Did you go to the bbq on Saturday? If so, were you the lady who was dashing off to babysit? (can you see where I'm going from here??? )

Louise
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

I'm sure you're all right and it's only one night in 2 weeks...so count me in.

Are you all over here for good? We are only meant to be here for 2 years but we are already thinking that won't be long enough/think hubbie would stay for good. Don't think I'll bring that up with my mum this time though!!!
Thats the spirit

We are also only supposed to be here for 2 years, but I think I will be dragging my other half back kicking and screaming
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Louise4 - wherebouts in Kent are you from??? We came from Sevenoaks, though I grew up in gorgeous Gravesend (hmmmm! - keep that quiet! )
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
Thats the spirit

We are also only supposed to be here for 2 years, but I think I will be dragging my other half back kicking and screaming

Yes, I don't like to think that we are already 1/4 of the way through our time here! It's going way too fast! Do you think you will stay longer??? I bet we probably will (if we can keep renting our home back in the UK)

Angela
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Yes, I don't like to think that we are already 1/4 of the way through our time here! It's going way too fast! Do you think you will stay longer??? I bet we probably will (if we can keep renting our home back in the UK)

Angela

Ummm??? bit of a bad time to ask, hence the homesickness thing at the moment, ask me again in a few weeks time and I may have a different answer!! That said, we have a great life here, kids see more of their dad than they ever did in the UK and they are all loving it here. And ... I'm sure in time I will too. Its not Oz itself thats the prob' just the fact that it is so far away, if I were able to ship all my family and friends over I'm sure I would just refuse to leave - visa or no visa. It is, after all, if I'm being totally honest, a great place to live.

Louise
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:47 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Louise4 - wherebouts in Kent are you from??? We came from Sevenoaks, though I grew up in gorgeous Gravesend (hmmmm! - keep that quiet! )
Hi Angela, we are from welling (originaly from the old kent road, try to keep that one quiet too )

WHEEZY, i know it's hard when you miss people, that's the main reason we came back. but try to stick it out, i have heard 2 years is the minimum before makeing the 'shall we go home' decision and on hindsite think this is right (costs less than changing your mind the other end )

Hope you all have a wonderful evening, just wish we were there so i could join you all .

Louise
Old Jun 11th 2005, 4:41 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
Hi yafm,

Listen, I have loads of room here, if you would like to join us, let me know, I can easily put you up for the night. I'd hate anyone missing out due to not being able to get home at night (by the way, your not crazy are you :scared: :scared: ) And if you make a mean bacon sarnie, your even more welcome

Did you go to the bbq on Saturday? If so, were you the lady who was dashing off to babysit? (can you see where I'm going from here??? )

Louise
Wheezy beat me to it....I have bed and board for anyone wanting to stay up in Suburb Sydney for the night, for this girls night out. My bacon sarnies are crap cause I can only buy the local bacon here (ooh for drizzling Northern Irish fat bacon!) But I do do a mean pancake.

For those maybe planing to come in for the day and shop earlier, may I suggest Treats From Home - you can get UK sweets, biscuits and silly things like Angel Delight, Branston Pickle etc etc.

smidgemum2 - if your mum might feel slighted at you going out and may not enjoy grandkids for the night (mine doesn't - she had visted twice in total for over 3 months and babysat once!) Invite her along, I make a bet she will understand you a lot more when she know what mad idiots you have to meet to have a night out!

Gosh I am looking forward to this
Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:05 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

I am just going to butt in now and say I am really envious...talking as an western sydney expat now back in east sussex...I reckon you will all have an excellent night out..!! I have a dear mate in the hills area who would love to come out with you all...she is missing the UK heaps and could really do with a girly night out. She does know a few expats from this site but I think she doesn't come on here anymore...do you mind if I nudge her to take a look at this thread??

She's a mad northerner...absolutely lovely...!!!great fun and can take her booze...??pls let me know.....thanks wish I was there for this one..!!!!

P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.