Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sorry, what drugs problem?

Sorry, what drugs problem?

Old Nov 26th 2003, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

strongbow dry - green bottle and sweet (i think) red bottle. lovely! available everywhere, though in one bar when i asked for a dry cider i got a soda and dry ginger! must be my accent!
by the way they serve it with a small glass full of ice? so ask for an empty schooner glass with the bottle, its just the right size.
karen
Old Nov 27th 2003, 3:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Eldest is due to start high school next year, so I went along to the parents' night. At the end there was a question & answer session. One parent asked about the drugs problem (there was an article in the local paper about drug-dealing on the school premises). The principal assured us parents that drug-dealers don't hang around the school, the kids that are caught bringing drugs in are actually given the stuff to sell by their own parents!!! Cannibis being the only drug found so far I think. We're on the waiting list for a private school, but I've been told to expect the kids there to use worse drugs eg heroin because their parents can afford it!!! My daughter is really worried about other kids trying to persuade her to try drugs and being beaten up if she refuses.

I've never tried drugs, had no inclination to, wouldn't recognise the different types, haven't heard of half the drug-taking terms used, and hope to keep my children clear of the stuff. I don't smoke, consume only the tiniest amount of alcohol, don't speed, gosh I'll be labelled a goody-goody at this rate! I eat lots of fresh fruit & veg, drink water and exercise regularly, in other words I lead a pretty healthy lifestyle. Hopefully my kids will follow my example. If they get into trouble, well at least I can stay I steered them in the right direction.
Old Nov 27th 2003, 3:40 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by denhim
being a young single 25 year old, i go clubbing alot up here in the north east. and no matter if i have a night out in darlo, middlesbrough or newcastle i get asked for drugs or know anyone who sells them.

p.s. i dont do drugs either..

You must look like a dealer
Old Nov 27th 2003, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

This article in today's Herald SUn is pretty awful: (I've only pasted half the article but put a link to the whole thing at the bottom)

Children syringe stabbings in park
By Emma Ambler
27nov03

CHILDREN are stabbing each other with discarded syringes found in local parks, according to a study.

The findings are part of a report by doctors at Sydney's Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, who spent six years collecting data from patients admitted to its emergency room with random needle stick injuries.
More than 120 people had been treated since 1996, with children making up 21 per cent of the victims, report co-author Dr Fenton O'Leary said.

Six-year-olds were the most prone to needle injury, and the youngest victim was two-years-old, he added.

"We also found that some of them (the children) were playing with the syringes and actually stabbing their playmates," Dr O'Leary told AAP.

He said research into needle injuries with healthcare workers and police was well-documented, but less was known about the encounters of the general public.

Patients had most commonly trodden on needles in parks and beaches, or sat on them in public toilets, on trains or at the cinema, Dr O'Leary said.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...5E1702,00.html
Old Nov 27th 2003, 5:03 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chroming not offensive

http://news.com.au/common/story_page...5E1702,00.html

CHROMING, or paint sniffing, by young people in a public place could not be regarded as offensive behaviour, a Victorian Supreme Court judge ruled today.

Justice Howard Nathan made the ruling in overturning a Childrens Court magistrates' decision in the case of a 15-year-old boy.