Reload this Page >

Sooooooo Gravy!!!

Sooooooo Gravy!!!

Old Oct 9th 2006, 5:53 am
Just Joined

littlescott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sooooooo Gravy!!!

Originally Posted by rubyredlips
deary me - I thought Bisto was THE ONLY GRAVY in the world???

Hmmmm.....better get out from under this stone.!
I think it is actually Bisto - just rebranded for the Aussie market (who preumably dont drink gravy anyway otherwise why would woolies stop stocking it...)
Old Oct 9th 2006, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by littlescott
fraid i dont Suzanne - I got some in Woolies a few weeks back - think Ill have to go back to tonight and stock up if there is any left on the shelves to be had!
Mince an tatties that brings back memories of school dinners near Inverurie...

Its salad all the way for me now Im in hotter climes though - best of luck on the gravyquest!

Small world, i am from Ellon just outside abz, where about are you heading if your not there already, we are in Brisbane moved out here a year ago
Old Oct 9th 2006, 9:31 am
Marvin for PM

Whitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really niceWhitby Wanderers is just really nice

Originally Posted by svinnes
Anyone know where i can now get soo gravy granules from, Woolies used to sell it now they have taken it off the shelf,i can't make mince and tatties without it unless someone knows what else i can use instead.And coles have never sold it.
Cheers
Suzanne

Bought some tonight at Woolies in Victoria Point.......There were quite a few tins left on the shelf....( listens for the sound of a thundering stampede towards southern bayside!)
Old Oct 9th 2006, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Whitby Wanderers
Bought some tonight at Woolies in Victoria Point.......There were quite a few tins left on the shelf....( listens for the sound of a thundering stampede towards southern bayside!)
Have lodged my complaint too. Hopefully they will adhere to our wishes. I have suggested they restock under Bisto not Soooo Gravy as then I think we UK people would flock to buy it. Not many of us know its Bisto in disguise.

Jo
Old Oct 9th 2006, 11:02 am
Just Joined

littlescott is an unknown quantity at this point

Small world, i am from Ellon just outside abz, where about are you heading if your not there already, we are in Brisbane moved out here a year ago
i was in pitmedden for a while - very small world eh - then kemnay but that was back when the dons were actually winning stuff at footy (ie the 80s) Now after being in England for many years im in Adelaide. Been here since Feb - loving it - waiting for our STNI visa decision is very dull though zzzzzzzz
Old Oct 9th 2006, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by littlescott
i was in pitmedden for a while - very small world eh - then kemnay but that was back when the dons were actually winning stuff at footy (ie the 80s) Now after being in England for many years im in Adelaide. Been here since Feb - loving it - waiting for our STNI visa decision is very dull though zzzzzzzz

I got bought up in Pitmedden, what a crap hole eh, yea must admit better lifestyle out here, my mum and dad are still in pitmedden.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 6:19 am
BE Enthusiast

I got a reply from woolies to say that there Capalaba, Alexandra hills and cleveland branch all have good stock of soo gravy, so im on my way there as now to stock.
Suzanne
Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

I got a reply from woolies to say that there Capalaba, Alexandra hills and cleveland branch all have good stock of soo gravy, so im on my way there as now to stock.
Suzanne
What about Melbourne???

Did they indicate what there longer term plans are i.e are they discontinuing it in Oz??
Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:10 am
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

hi
ive had a message from woolies they are looking into sorting it out for me sooo fingers crossed we will have gravy aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr bisto
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

I also had an email:

Thank you for contacting the Woolworths website where you enquired of
the availability of SOO Gravy Granules.

SOOO SAUCY GRAVY CHICKEN 170G is ranged only to selected Supermarkets
in WA, unfortunately our Clarkson Store is not one of the selected
supermarkets to range this product. I would be only to happy to advise
on the ranging to alternative stores should you wish to advise of stores
in close vicinity to you..

Your feedback and custom is both greatly appreciated.

Who mentioned Chicken!!

Not exactly what i asked but at least i got a reply

Di
Old Oct 11th 2006, 5:37 am
sullysdownunder

wayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to beholdwayne/kerrie is a splendid one to behold

had another reply today...

Thank you for the product information in your previous email.

SOOO SAUCY GRAVY TRADITIONAL 170G is currently delisted, however, the Buying & Marketing team have been advised of your request for their consideration in the next Category Review.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

sooo am they going put it back or not

kez
Old Oct 11th 2006, 6:29 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wayne/kerrie
had another reply today...

Thank you for the product information in your previous email.

SOOO SAUCY GRAVY TRADITIONAL 170G is currently delisted, however, the Buying & Marketing team have been advised of your request for their consideration in the next Category Review.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

sooo am they going put it back or not

kez
oooh, that looks a bit more promising - I'll have to send my own email - rise up everyone and protest!!! The more of us there are...
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

annn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura aboutannn has a spectacular aura about

It is soooo good to know I am not alone in my search. I have also just sent an email. I have trawled all my local woolies in my search but only found the chicken, which I am guessing they are only running out stocks of. I have tried all the others and they just don't hit the mark.

I shall post my response if I get on.

I may have to turn to drink
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Well after searching all the woolies that they said stocked them, i have come really pi**ed of as not one of them had any soo gravy, i think they are sending me on the gravy boat trail, hope they get it back in.
Cheers
Suzanne
Old Oct 17th 2006, 7:00 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Well, following a previous thread I went to the Woolies in Capalaba, Cleveland, etc. and none of them had it. I spent half an hour with the customer services team and they promised to look into it for me and get in touch. Today I had a phone call! It seems Woolies are taking it off the shelves for good! No more Bisto!

Anyway, the nice lady from Woolies suggested that I send an email to head office stating my case and asking them to bring it back in stock, even if its only in one location near Brisbane. I'll be doing that - lets see what happens. I imagine we'd get a better response the more emails they get, so come on everyone - send an email too! Go to their website at http://www.woolworths.com.au/contactus/index.asp and drop them a line.

Here goes nothing....,.

W.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.