Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

soccer in perth / melbourne

soccer in perth / melbourne

Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all
Default soccer in perth / melbourne

I would like your views please on the opportunities for young kids and over 40's football teams. Are there also regular soccer coaching courses for kids and if not would there be a market there as a small p/t business ? Before someone complains, I will also be involved in ausie activities.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of
Default Re: soccer in perth / melbourne

the state federations would be your first port of call, i guess...

http://www.footballfedvic.com.au/

Good Luck!
Old Jun 29th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
I would like your views please on the opportunities for young kids and over 40's football teams. Are there also regular soccer coaching courses for kids and if not would there be a market there as a small p/t business ? Before someone complains, I will also be involved in ausie activities.
Safety Bay (Rockingham ) has a Soccer Academy within its School and does
all of the above (not over 40s thou) just google - SAFETY BAY SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL Soccer Schools of Excellence
I know this may not be your target age but there is plenty of information
about this program (and maybe more junior levels)
Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

SpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to all

Stop calling it "soccer." It is: FOOTBALL. Association Football if you want to be technical. :-)
Old Jul 13th 2008, 9:24 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

There are English football "clubs" / activities in Perth not sure about Melbourne
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpookyET
Stop calling it "soccer." It is: FOOTBALL. Association Football if you want to be technical. :-)
Old Jul 13th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
www.docfootball.com is always busy out in Eltham. It's run by a pom who used to play for Bradford (I think) - they charge a fortune $170 for a 2 day camp. There are local kids groups similar to Auskick which are much cheaper but obviously there is demand or Dave wouldn't be successful.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

The Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to allThe Brooks is a name known to all

Both my sons play soccer (football) in Perth the 15 year old plays for ecu joondalup and the 8 year old plays for westside which is in Kinross, there are loads of clubs if you check www.footballwest.com.au it will show you all the teams in all the areas. Ocean reef high school also does elite soccer which our 15 year old is in, he is off to singapore in November on an international football tournament.

hope this helps

sam
Old Jul 14th 2008, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

SpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to all
Talking Re: soccer in perth / melbourne

If I can get a reality show on the telly with 22 kangaroos playing football, I'd be a millionaire.

The funny thing is that there is a kangaroo reservation in Georgia, USA.

Last edited by SpookyET; Jul 14th 2008 at 2:43 am.