Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So you wanna know about containers......20ft or 40ft ??

So you wanna know about containers......20ft or 40ft ??

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of
Default Re: So you wanna know about containers......20ft or 40ft ??

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Sending you some much earned Karma for that amazing post!!! I've been worried sick as the shippers are coming to us on Tuesday and have a 20ft container booked. Crown estimated over the 20ft (actually said that ideally we needed a 30ft - but they didn't do them) but we decided to go with it anyway. We don't have anywhere near the amount of large furniture items you have so why the hell did they estimate so much?

This is our list:

King size bed
3 sets bedroom drawers
3pce suite & footstool
small nest of tables
bureau
Large TV
DVD
Video
3 Large mirrors
dining table and 6 chairs
tv cabinet
portable tv
3 bedside cabinets
sora bed
computer table and chairs
Computer/printer/monitor
washing machine
small tumble dryer
dishwasher
hall table
1 adult bike
1 childrens bike
pots
ovenware
toys/games
clothes
Linen/towels
Garden table/4 chairs & parasol
2 large tool chests
CDs/DVDs
Lots of books
Elliptical trainer (unused )
welder/compressor

Does anyone think this is excessive?
Not at all, but it does make me think we are definitely in no need of a sole use of 20ft container unless I pop out later and buy new sofa and extra furniture.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I think we will probably end up with sharing a container as we don't have all that much stuff. Not sure if that will be a hassle though. We are not going till next year so have a while to think about it. There are only 2 of us and we live in a two bedroom flat so we don't have huge amounts of things to take.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TeresaG
I think we will probably end up with sharing a container as we don't have all that much stuff. Not sure if that will be a hassle though. We are not going till next year so have a while to think about it. There are only 2 of us and we live in a two bedroom flat so we don't have huge amounts of things to take.
then definitely share. its a big saving for you