Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So you wanna know about containers......20ft or 40ft ??

So you wanna know about containers......20ft or 40ft ??

Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So you wanna know about containers......20ft or 40ft ??

Here's some pictures of the container and packing it all in !
Attached Thumbnails So you wanna know about containers......20ft or 40ft ??-imgp1070.jpg   So you wanna know about containers......20ft or 40ft ??-imgp1074.jpg   So you wanna know about containers......20ft or 40ft ??-imgp1075.jpg   So you wanna know about containers......20ft or 40ft ??-imgp1076.jpg  
Old Mar 9th 2006, 9:10 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
gee i hope your packages did not get wet,that Kraft paper absorbs water like a sponge, might get a bit smelly after sitting on the docks in oz for awhile. ..................... mm
Old Mar 9th 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
gee i hope your packages did not get wet,that Kraft paper absorbs water like a sponge, might get a bit smelly after sitting on the docks in oz for awhile. ..................... mm
What is Kraft paper ?
Old Mar 9th 2006, 10:13 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

What is Kraft paper ?
the white Wadded paper they wrap your furniture in.....mm
Old Apr 19th 2006, 8:21 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

What is Kraft paper ?

thought it was the paper they wrap cheese in?
Old Apr 19th 2006, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

Really useful piccy's, ta very much x
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:17 pm
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light

just tried to send you a PM but your storage is full....

Loved your thread on container sizes....we are in the same situatuation, had three quotes one says 20ft, other says 30ft and other says 40ft!

We are a family of 4 with 4 bed house and would love to get everything into a 20ft one mainly for cost but want to avoid groupage hassle.

Would it be possible to get copy of your manifest so we can compare?

Ray
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

paulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura aboutpaulaljones has a spectacular aura about

We've decided to use Brittania, so its good to read this kind of thread. How did you sort out the insurance? Did you so it with them? If so did you insure everything or select certain items?

Hope it all goes well. We plan to move to Bateau Bay which I believe isn't far from where you're going to!!!

Best of Luck with the move

Paula xx
Old Aug 21st 2006, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Update: sorry its a late update as our stuff arrived ages ago now......

The Oz end of our move went well.........the Ozzie guys from Chess Hanley were good............but they only had to unload it from the container toour garage.

Oh yes,...............when the container arrived it was a DIFFERENT one to the one that took our stuff away from our old house in blighty.

I thought jeeze this is the wrong container BUT YES they do a full customs re-pack in to a land based container because the sea-worthy ones are more valuable and need to be used again more quickly hence the re-pack.

They tested a few boxes that looked iffy based on the list of boxes and contents...............anything wooden, christmas decorations, bikes, etc.

It all cleared fine including some cane furniture.

Cheers
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:05 am
Banned

Update: sorry its a late update as our stuff arrived ages ago now......

The Oz end of our move went well.........the Ozzie guys from Chess Hanley were good............but they only had to unload it from the container toour garage.

Oh yes,...............when the container arrived it was a DIFFERENT one to the one that took our stuff away from our old house in blighty.

I thought jeeze this is the wrong container BUT YES they do a full customs re-pack in to a land based container because the sea-worthy ones are more valuable and need to be used again more quickly hence the re-pack.

They tested a few boxes that looked iffy based on the list of boxes and contents...............anything wooden, christmas decorations, bikes, etc.

It all cleared fine including some cane furniture.

Cheers
You came out well .did you get a AQIS fee ?.........mm
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mr mover
You came out well .did you get a AQIS fee ?.........mm
I had to pay a small amount for something yes.........can't recall how much it was but not big.

I'm moving again next week !!!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:43 am
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

I had to pay a small amount for something yes.........can't recall how much it was but not big.

I'm moving again next week !!!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

THANKS SO MUCH for this thread although the move is a LOOOONNNNGGGGG way off it has answered one of the millions of questions going on in my head and I will be able to make a better list thanks to you!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Babycatcher
THANKS SO MUCH for this thread although the move is a LOOOONNNNGGGGG way off it has answered one of the millions of questions going on in my head and I will be able to make a better list thanks to you!
Did I say about the removal guys stating they normally pack about 180-200 individual packages and boxes in to a 20ft container ?...........we had 232 and can't say enough about how nervous I was before hand and how relieved I was at the end when it all went in !

One day I'll put the list up again seeing as I am about to move all this stuff again next week !
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 1:08 am
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Did I say about the removal guys stating they normally pack about 180-200 individual packages and boxes in to a 20ft container ?...........we had 232 and can't say enough about how nervous I was before hand and how relieved I was at the end when it all went in !

One day I'll put the list up again seeing as I am about to move all this stuff again next week !
We just moved and we had 154 boxes, from all sizes. Think the trick is to stick with them and pack stuff into the empty space in the boxes. Sounds silly but its as simple as that. we got a 5 bedroom house into a 20ft. we did not bring the 3 piece sweet. Thats all we left behind but we bought EVERYTHING else. Shed and christmas decorations. Putting stuff into the empty space bought us down to the 154. but some of the boxes were very big. I have a picture somewhere, i will dig it out.
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
We wont even need a 20ft container,

How does this container share work out, does the shipping firm help you find someone to share or do you just ask around?
we are in the same boat. don't suppose you are in London and heading to Perth.... and shipping October'ish?? Now that would be handy..
: ))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.