Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

So many times I have been asked..

So many times I have been asked..

Old Jul 30th 2005, 4:22 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: So many times I have been asked..

Awwww Anne what a lovely post - straight from the heart - I couldn't of worded it better myself!

Poppy adores me and my husband and she is like a wee daughter to us - she is very loyal and protective of us - we rescued her from cat and dog home and wouldn't dream of leaving her behind - of course the flight worries me but she is 5 years old and in good health - we hope she will forgive us for her uncomfortable flight and spell in the quarantine kennels.

Will try and post a pic of poppy below - she is a collie x.

Lynn x
Attached Thumbnails So many times I have been asked..-p1010002.jpg  
Old Jul 30th 2005, 4:25 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
"Why on earth are you spending all that money to take the dogs with you?"

Because:

No matter what mood you are in at the end of a hard day, they are always pleased to see you.

They bark when someone comes to the front door and wag their tails when someone comes to the back door.

If we go out into the woods and our son wanders off and gets lost, Hollie will go and find him and stay with him until he finds us again.

Meg will always put herself between me and a stranger even though she is terrified of them.

When Terry is away, one dog will lay by the back door and one will lay by the front door. Not told to!

Hollie is the most obedient dog ever, obeying a command before you have finished speaking.

Meg is the most stupid, soft, dopey creature filled with huge amounts of love.

Meg will tolerate being moulded into shape for a pillow by our son when he lays on the floor.

Because:

They are laying by my feet as I type.

Meg bounces around like an inane idiot at the mere mention of the word "biscuit".

I can leave both the side gate and the front gate open and they will not wander off.

They growl when a stranger comes in the house when I am on my own, but just take a back seat when Terry is home with me.

They have been Alex's company as his brothers and sister have left home.

Meg will always lay her head on your lap when you are feeling sad, just to let you know she is there.

Because:

Who else will understand that Hollie is not being grumpy but her arthritis is playing up and she is in pain?

Who else will forgive Meg when she eats the new bra you have just bought?

Who else will get up in the night and give them a cuddle because they are frightened of the thunderstorm?

Because:

Who else could possibly love them as much as we do?
Hear! Hear!

Jayne
Old Jul 30th 2005, 4:27 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by logan
Hiya,
we used a Scottish company (Pet Travel Services), and Dogtainers to get them from Syd to Brissy. Very happy with both companies. The cats were in Syd and with us in Brissy we didn't visit them, but we'd been told by a few people in the know, that it just stresses the animal if you visit and leave again. They don't understand etc.

I phoned quarantine woman who was looking after them, every 10 days, and she didn't mind at all.
Did you get to see the kennels at PTS? When I asked if I could visit the kennels they said pretty much no - that knowone had ever asked to do this - so got me a bit worried! Do you see the kennels when you drop the animals off?

Also did your cats have to go in 4 days before? They want poppy to come in 4 days before which i'm a bit worried about - worried this will stress her more before her flight - what do you think cause i'm thinking of questioning this?

Lynn x
Old Jul 30th 2005, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
"Why on earth are you spending all that money to take the dogs with you?"

Because:

No matter what mood you are in at the end of a hard day, they are always pleased to see you.

They bark when someone comes to the front door and wag their tails when someone comes to the back door.

If we go out into the woods and our son wanders off and gets lost, Hollie will go and find him and stay with him until he finds us again.

Meg will always put herself between me and a stranger even though she is terrified of them.

When Terry is away, one dog will lay by the back door and one will lay by the front door. Not told to!

Hollie is the most obedient dog ever, obeying a command before you have finished speaking.

Meg is the most stupid, soft, dopey creature filled with huge amounts of love.

Meg will tolerate being moulded into shape for a pillow by our son when he lays on the floor.

Because:

They are laying by my feet as I type.

Meg bounces around like an inane idiot at the mere mention of the word "biscuit".

I can leave both the side gate and the front gate open and they will not wander off.

They growl when a stranger comes in the house when I am on my own, but just take a back seat when Terry is home with me.

They have been Alex's company as his brothers and sister have left home.

Meg will always lay her head on your lap when you are feeling sad, just to let you know she is there.

Because:

Who else will understand that Hollie is not being grumpy but her arthritis is playing up and she is in pain?

Who else will forgive Meg when she eats the new bra you have just bought?

Who else will get up in the night and give them a cuddle because they are frightened of the thunderstorm?

Because:

Who else could possibly love them as much as we do?

I had 2 golden retrievers before the divorce lol ex hubby now has them.

I now have Jills ( Desperate House Flies Go Bananas dog ) on a regular basis doggie sitter.

He sleeps in my bed, eats steak and roast chicken whilst mark eats bacon butties and WHY NOT lol
Old Jul 30th 2005, 5:32 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Have to say that we intend to take Eric our boxer dog (see my avatar ) the only thing that worries me is that he is 8 years old now and by the time we move in 07 he will be 10. I know I`d feel so guilty if I left him behind - he`s my baby boy, the cat on the other is just evil - loving and cute but still evil, don`t think my daughter would let us leave him behind though
Old Jul 30th 2005, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

ozzygirl is on a distinguished road

Hi'a

I don't blame you at all for taking your dog, we love dogs and have been
putting off getting one for ages but will as soon as we are settled in Oz and i can't wait