So Hard....

Old Oct 18th 2013, 4:34 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So Hard....

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
we came here 6 years ago, on a 457, with a 12 and 9 y/o. If we'd shown caution due to the above 'issues' we'd never have done it. Life's one big risk taking exercise, if the voices in your head are telling you yes then listen to them. all the best
Haven't the rules changed since you arrived regarding the 457 and made it more expensive for these visa holders with families?
Old Oct 18th 2013, 5:11 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Haven't the rules changed since you arrived regarding the 457 and made it more expensive for these visa holders with families?
not sure, we had to pay for education n all, well company did, and I know lafha's gone but they would've made up for that i'm sure. maybe? dunno
Old Oct 18th 2013, 5:17 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
not sure, we had to pay for education n all, well company did, and I know lafha's gone but they would've made up for that i'm sure. maybe? dunno
That's what changed for some mate - they stopped LAFHA and some companies didn't pay the gap so in real terms the 457 holders lost out.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 5:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what changed for some mate - they stopped LAFHA and some companies didn't pay the gap so in real terms the 457 holders lost out.
bastards all of em, I'm not saying they should kiss migrants arses but at least try not to screw em at every turn. perhaps testing their resolve. i stand by my bastards comment
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:41 am
Just Joined

LOVINGOZ2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously I went back to have my third child n lasted all of 12 weeks
I couldn't stand it been back in the uk....
I travelled with my 3 children aged 7, 22 months n a 13 week old n 11 pieces of luggage lol

Like everyone has said you are best been back here
Think of you n you family
As much as its hard you have to do what's best for you.

Keep us all updated

If I can do it anyone can
Good luck
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

afclegend is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers again for the responses, my company will sponsor me for PR which is what we plan to do as soon as so at least that takes away the 457 burden. We will just arrive on 457 initially.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by afclegend
Cheers again for the responses, my company will sponsor me for PR which is what we plan to do as soon as so at least that takes away the 457 burden. We will just arrive on 457 initially.
Why won't they sponsor you for PR now?
Old Oct 18th 2013, 10:01 am
Just Joined

LOVINGOZ2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

When are you guys coming back??
Old Oct 18th 2013, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Why won't they sponsor you for PR now?
sometimes it's a time thing. Employers can get them here almost straight away on a 457 and then apply for perm res when they're on shore. To go straight for a PR takes more time.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

sometimes it's a time thing. Employers can get them here almost straight away on a 457 and then apply for perm res when they're on shore. To go straight for a PR takes more time.
I'm aware of that, but I'm asking specifically about the poster in question. It's quite possible that a company says that now, things change in the business and there's no chance of PR in the future - or things change in immigration law that means no chance of PR in the future.

Potentially a sticky situation if the "no chance of PR" scenario comes up when that 14 year old step-son has turned 16 and therefore hasn't done their HSC in Sydney, or their GCSEs in the UK.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

afclegend is an unknown quantity at this point

I intend to get the ball rolling for PR as soon as we get there my employer will sponser me no problems, when we were there last time my employer had offered to get PR for us then but we were already intent on coming back to UK.

We are currently thinking about April as I want my Son to have his first Birthday here in the UK but this could change and we go a bit earlier.
Old Oct 18th 2013, 12:39 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by afclegend
I intend to get the ball rolling for PR as soon as we get there my employer will sponser me no problems, when we were there last time my employer had offered to get PR for us then but we were already intent on coming back to UK.

We are currently thinking about April as I want my Son to have his first Birthday here in the UK but this could change and we go a bit earlier.
It would make more sense if you come over at the end or beginning of a year so that your step son can begin school at a start of a school year rather than mid way. It would certainly be easier on him. Your young son wont mind missing his first birthday in the UK.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 12:59 pm
Banned

ainitcskarachi is an unknown quantity at this point

Great decision. Good to share.