Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Smoking or not???

Smoking or not???

Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold
Question Smoking or not???

Just a quickie, but having spent a couple of hours in the pub this afternoon, I was wondering what Oz's take on smoking is? The UK is now a public smoke free zone, and I was wondering what australia's rules are on this.
I would like to say at this point I DO NOT want to start world war 3 on whether ir is right or wrong, just curious what the answer is.

Cheers.
Donna.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:03 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Smoking or not???

hang on, let me find the thing on it. the aussie book we have to declare from says something about it.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
hang on, let me find the thing on it. the aussie book we have to declare from says something about it.
Cheers.....am just curious really.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:10 pm

right:

Smoking tobacco is prohibited in a growing number of places, including most goverment offices, health clinics and work places. Smoking in indoor public places such as pubs, restaurants, schools and shopping centres is also prohibited in most states and territories. Smoking in some outdoor public places is also prohibited in some states and territories. It is an offence for a retalior to sell tobacco produts to anyone under the age of 18.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

right:

Smoking tobacco is prohibited in a growing number of places, including most goverment offices, health clinics and work places. Smoking in indoor public places such as pubs, restaurants, schools and shopping centres is also prohibited in most states and territories. Smoking in some outdoor public places is also prohibited in some states and territories. It is an offence for a retalior to sell tobacco produts to anyone under the age of 18.
Thanks for that...just like here really...except for the law being 18...but think that's on the agenda for here as well.
Thanks again for looking it up!
Donna.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by winedonju
Thanks for that...just like here really...except for the law being 18...but think that's on the agenda for here as well.
Thanks again for looking it up!
Donna.
where are you?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

where are you?
Just in Chesterfield (Derbyshire)at mo, house sold, halfway through 457 visa, and looking at being in the sunshine by July/August this year. Gold or Sunshine coast......al being well.
Am I to assume you are electrician fro dee dar land!!!! lol
Donna.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:25 pm

no, i'm not. i'm his OH, just taken the account over.

oh, btw, it's already 18 to buy tobacco here. law changed a few months ago
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

no, i'm not. i'm his OH, just taken the account over.

oh, btw, it's already 18 to buy tobacco here. law changed a few months ago
Just goes to show what I know!!!! Where are you then, Sheffield or not???? Was only joking with the dee dar comment....no harm intended. How far down the track are you.
Donna.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:31 pm

Just goes to show what I know!!!! Where are you then, Sheffield or not???? Was only joking with the dee dar comment....no harm intended. How far down the track are you.
Donna.
no offence taken.

we are in Sheffield, but i'm from Herts originally. OH and the kids, born and bred here.

haven really started the application for anything yet. still waiting for OH to get his refences, passport and photos together and then i send it all off with everything else that i have done
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

no offence taken.

we are in Sheffield, but i'm from Herts originally. OH and the kids, born and bred here.

haven really started the application for anything yet. still waiting for OH to get his refences, passport and photos together and then i send it all off with everything else that i have done
Me and OH (+3kids) all Chezzie born and bread, but my Dad is true yorkshire man, his roots.......along with my grand parents all Stocksbridge based. So if your OH is anything like my Dad you have my sympathies.....but then again maybe it's not so much where you come from...prob just a man thing! lol.
Good luck anyway,
Donna.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:39 pm

Me and OH (+3kids) all Chezzie born and bread, but my Dad is true yorkshire man, his roots.......along with my grand parents all Stocksbridge based. So if your OH is anything like my Dad you have my sympathies.....but then again maybe it's not so much where you come from...prob just a man thing! lol.
Good luck anyway,
Donna.
i think they are all the bloody same. No matter where they are from.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

i think they are all the bloody same. No matter where they are from.
I'll drink to that!!!!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:43 pm

I'll drink to that!!!!
oooh, good idea!

just gonna get that wine out of the cupboard.

fancy a giggle? meet me in "the whinging pom - whine bar" in the barbie.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

oooh, good idea!

just gonna get that wine out of the cupboard.

fancy a giggle? meet me in "the whinging pom - whine bar" in the barbie.
??????you lost me now?? Whats all that then????
Have got the wine! Not sure bout the rest???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.