Reload this Page >

Single People in Brisbane

Single People in Brisbane

Old May 14th 2007, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Crops will become famous soon enough
Default Single People in Brisbane

Hi

After looking at a lot of the posts on BE, it seems the majority of people emigrating are families.

I was just wondering if there are many people in my situation.

I am 31 and coming over on 2 June on the year long Working Holiday Visa and am staying with a mate who is already living in Brisbane.

It would be great to meet up with a few people in the same situation as me as it seems getting a good network of friends set up is essential as the majority of people who end up going back home are either lonely or/and homesick for friends and family and I really don't want that to happen to me.

Cheers
Dave
Old May 14th 2007, 12:43 pm
Qualify in Sept!

mattyuk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Single People in Brisbane

Hi,
I too have this concern, i hope too start work in cairns in jan, i will be going alone and i also have no friends what so ever in oz so making friends is essential, i hope i make friends easily as this is my only major worry
Matt
Old May 14th 2007, 1:32 pm

bjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura about

Hi Dave and all,

Well, ask me in a couple of weeks.
I have just arrived in Brisbane, age 37 single and am planning a get to know people.

Perhaps a meet up of like minded people to compare notes.

Any takers?

Brian.

Originally Posted by Crops
Hi

After looking at a lot of the posts on BE, it seems the majority of people emigrating are families.

I was just wondering if there are many people in my situation.

I am 31 and coming over on 2 June on the year long Working Holiday Visa and am staying with a mate who is already living in Brisbane.

It would be great to meet up with a few people in the same situation as me as it seems getting a good network of friends set up is essential as the majority of people who end up going back home are either lonely or/and homesick for friends and family and I really don't want that to happen to me.

Cheers
Dave
Old May 14th 2007, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

That sounds like a plan Brian, i'll PM you when I've arrived then!!

Matt, Cairns is always full of young people so hopefully you shouldn't have any problems making friends there although the majority of them maybe holiday makers.
Old May 14th 2007, 2:28 pm
Qualify in Sept!

Thanks crops, i heard there are alot of yung people in cairns, hopefully i will get a job there, if i cant get a job there i was thnking of the other aras of oz like brisban, melbourne, sydney and perth but heard perth has alot of 'older people', is this true?
Old May 14th 2007, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Hi Matt

I'm by no means an expert, but I would do a bit of reading up about employment opportunities in Cairns before you go as my impression of it was that it was a smallish town which lives off its tourist trade. I may be totally wrong of course as I was only there a week.

From reading various posts on BE I think the best idea is to move into one of the major cities as employment is a lot more available there than in less built up areas.

Sorry I don't know much about Perth apart from apparently it is the most isolated city in the world and that there are more millionaires there per square mile than anywhere else.

Sorry for not being much use but i'm sure you'll be able to get more info from other people on this site.

Cheers
Dave
Old May 14th 2007, 3:20 pm
Qualify in Sept!

Thanks dave, i will have a job prior to going to cairns as a nurse on a sponsored visa, i have not looked into cairns much but what appeals is the tropical climate