Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines

Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

anna collins has a spectacular aura aboutanna collins has a spectacular aura aboutanna collins has a spectacular aura about
Default Singapore Airlines

Hi

Trying to book flights for November...One way!!! Wondered if anyone has flown with Singapore Airlines recently. They are coming out as the cheapest but for £200 is it worth it?

I would be grateful for any experiences.

Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2010, 8:28 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore Airlines

I have flown with several airlines now but rate Sinagpore as the best - service is excellent and the economy cabin is the comfiest of them all (not that any of them are actually comfy but you know what I mean.) They dont usually come out cheapest though - i usually pay a bit extra to fly with them???

Have a good trip!
Old Jun 7th 2010, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

I just flew back to the UK for a visit with Emirates and didn't rate them anywhere near as good as Singapore! Book it and remember to pack your bathers as there's a brilliant pool at Singapore airport
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Andrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to allAndrews2oz is a name known to all

Yes it's another thumbs up from me.
I too am looking for flights back to the uk and can't believe how Singapore Airlines are one of the cheapest airlines.
We flew Cathay Pacific first time round and were very happy with the service; that was until we went with SA, the service is excellent and the tv/entertainment was brilliant.
We did travel from Hong Kong to the UK with British Airways one year and to be honest for an airline that boasts "The worlds greastest airline" (Or something like that) i found them no where near as good as CP or SA.

Book those tickets and another bit of advice; if you book via their online site you can go straight on to book the seats and food, you will also see what films are going to be shown this month and next month. I also found that the price was £500 more if you contact them and book over the phone!!! so you get the best discount online.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:41 pm
Living on the Gold Coast

Spellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to beholdSpellbound is a splendid one to behold

Another thumbs up from me too. $200 cheaper - I say go for it.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anna collins
Hi

Trying to book flights for November...One way!!! Wondered if anyone has flown with Singapore Airlines recently. They are coming out as the cheapest but for £200 is it worth it?

I would be grateful for any experiences.

Thanks
I think Singapore and Emirates are the best I have flown with too.. So def book it up
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:58 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

We flew with them when we came here and we are booked for our first trip back with them next week. They were excellent 5 years ago, will give current opinion after next Tuesday.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

spsspence will become famous soon enoughspsspence will become famous soon enough

I got back to the UK yesterday having used Quantas and they were shite!!! Amongst others I've used Singapore a few times now and of all of them I have found them the best by a mile.

Spencer.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

AnnPaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Another thumbs up from me too. We've flown with them several time now and cannot fault them. Save some time queing in the airport by checking in online and printing your boarding passes, the queue for online check in is much shorter than the regular queues.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

We've booked with Singapore as they seem to have the best reputation on here.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

anna collins has a spectacular aura aboutanna collins has a spectacular aura aboutanna collins has a spectacular aura about

Thanks everyone; I'll think we'll book those flights!!
Old Jun 8th 2010, 9:42 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anna collins
Thanks everyone; I'll think we'll book those flights!!
You would be silly not too,as my vet friend once said,'my they are the dogs bollox'
Old Jun 8th 2010, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

I've flown Singapore from the get go and would never risk flying with anyone else. They are excellent. From my experience of Qantas domestic I would never fly with them by choice, never mind a long distance flight. I can only imagine that BA would be of similar callibre, it being another old school airline run for the benefit of staff rather than customers. I've never had cause to fly Emirates and Etihad always come in expensive.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:21 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I normally fly BA but because of the risk of strikes I booked with SIA this month. Couldn't get any better fare than their own site though.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 8:27 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for Singapore Air ... flown with them long haul 7 times now, 4 with baby/toddler, cannot recommend them enough.

Had people from the UK come over on Qantas and bags have been lost every time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.