Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines

Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

stokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant futurestokesy43 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Singapore Airlines

Originally Posted by <")))><
Hi Lorraine,

We were in Whiteley (house now sold and living with in-laws in Horndean) and heading out to Sydney. Flying on THURSDAY !!! :scared:
Isn't it a bit late to be asking what they're like if your flying out on Thursday
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:38 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by OzTennis
'Horses for courses' - Emirates 6 times, Singapore 3 times - prefer Emirates but Singapore certainly good and perfectly acceptable. Have a good flight!

Further to other threads recently, make sure the extra baggage allowance is shown on the ticket and/or have it in writing/email from the airline (not the agent).

OzTennis
Phoned Singapore Airlines and they said that there is no need for written confirmation since any traveller emigrating for the first time on SA who produces a visa that states "can remain indefinitely" is eligible for 40kg baggage allowance, with no single item exceeding 32kg.

She wouldnt send me an email so just to be on the safe side, I asked her to make a note on the system that I had checked !! That good enough, you think?
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:43 am
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stokesy43
Isn't it a bit late to be asking what they're like if your flying out on Thursday
I hadn't booked at the time, but thanks for your concern.

I've flown 4 different airlines to Aus, so it was good to get some f/back on SA. Thanks to all.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by <")))><
Phoned Singapore Airlines and they said that there is no need for written confirmation since any traveller emigrating for the first time on SA who produces a visa that states "can remain indefinitely" is eligible for 40kg baggage allowance, with no single item exceeding 32kg.

She wouldnt send me an email so just to be on the safe side, I asked her to make a note on the system that I had checked !! That good enough, you think?
I think so but can't speak from personal experience - only seeing other threads. What do others think? Do a search in here on airlines, baggage allowance etc just to be on the safe side.

OzTennis
Old Nov 28th 2005, 12:56 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies Lorraine & Worzel. The places I have looked so far SA website was coming out cheaper.

<")))><; from an email I received this morning from SA:
The visa must be an unused migrant visa that states to remain in Australia indefinitely. If you are holding this visa you will be entitled to 40kgs baggage allowance on showing the visa at check in.