Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines

Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice
Default Re: Singapore Airlines

The other thing to consider with the baggage is that each suitcase can be a maximum of 32kg for health and safety reasons. If your bag is over 32kg they will not accept it.

Singapore airlines are great - we flew with them and it all went very well.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:20 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

We have flown with Emirates and Singapore and there isn't much to choose between the 2. Good avice from others is to get WRITTEN confirmation of your 40kg allowance. We had a problem at Singapore after the stopover and without the email we'd have been knackered. Because we'd already been on holiday using our Visa, they weren't going to count this as our migration flight so we were looking at 60kg excess baggage charges!!! :scared: :scared:

Make sure you get it in writing - but apart from that - both airlines were fantastic - good food - plenty of refreshments (although I think Singapore had the edge there ), good legroom, good choice of entertainmnet and comfy.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:16 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

For those that have booked Singapore Airlines with the extra luggage, which agent did you use or did you book directly with SA? Also did you mention extra luggage allowance before or after you had purchased the tickets?
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:36 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by <")))><
Hi all,

Does anyone have any comment on Singapore Airlines please?

2 adults, 2 kids and a 40kg bag each. We are leaving the UK !!!!

Thanks
I flew with them.....great

Excellant service, lovely food (and plenty of it) - more legroom than other long-haul flights I have flown with.

I didn't travel with kids, but saw that they were given plenty to do.

Cas
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:38 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka

Excellant service, lovely food (and plenty of it)
Cas
But you eat like a sparrow
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:42 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by walaj
For those that have booked Singapore Airlines with the extra luggage, which agent did you use or did you book directly with SA? Also did you mention extra luggage allowance before or after you had purchased the tickets?

Book direct and online as it works out cheaper this way. Once booking done and paid for then ring them with your booking reference and state that you need dbl baggage and they will put a remark on your bkg. That's what we did and we had no problems at all and just showed them our visa within our passports.

Lorraine
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:49 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
I got prices on-line direct and through the consolidators but went into the local independent travel agent and got exactly the same price and someone else did the work for us.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
But you eat like a sparrow
Never said I ate it all.........

But did enjoy what I had

Is this a 'take the piss out of Caroline' night ?
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:52 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

But did enjoy what I had

You're hungover.....what better reason for it to be 'take the piss out of Caroline night'???
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:52 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

But did enjoy what I had

You're paranoid

But your idea of a lot of food, is probably my idea of a snack
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Hels
You're hungover.....what better reason for it to be 'take the piss out of Caroline night'???
I'm surprised she's been sober long enough for a hangover
Old Nov 28th 2005, 8:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hels

Bully !!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
Singapore Airlines are very good. My husband has flown back to the UK 5 times this year and always books Singapore. The inflight entertainment is good and the service is too. He once flew with Emirates but he much orefers Singapore. I hope you have a good flight.

Amanda
'Horses for courses' - Emirates 6 times, Singapore 3 times - prefer Emirates but Singapore certainly good and perfectly acceptable. Have a good flight!

Further to other threads recently, make sure the extra baggage allowance is shown on the ticket and/or have it in writing/email from the airline (not the agent).

OzTennis
Old Nov 28th 2005, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by OzTennis
'Horses for courses' - Emirates 6 times, Singapore 3 times - prefer Emirates but Singapore certainly good and perfectly acceptable. Have a good flight!

Further to other threads recently, make sure the extra baggage allowance is shown on the ticket and/or have it in writing/email from the airline (not the agent).

OzTennis
We had no extra baggage allowance, we were really lucky as Malaysia air overlooked our 32 kilos over.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 10:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
We had no extra baggage allowance, we were really lucky as Malaysia air overlooked our 32 kilos over.
We shouldn't have....cars have never been the same

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.