Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Originally Posted by daunted
We got ourselves a price war!!
TUESDAY 7 APRIL 2009
WELCOME to our NEW Holidayplanet Newsletter!
AIRLINE PRICE WAR NOW ON!

Late News - Emirates are launching at 4pm wst new fares to compete with Qantas, Singapore & Malaysia Airlines
Call now to book / register 1300 729 595

Singapore Airlines
Asia fr $769,
UK/Europe fr $1379, UK/Europe Business Cls fr $6499, USA fr $1679
Above fares INCLUDE Taxes & Fuel Surcharges
No peak season supplement!

HURRY - SEATS SELLING FAST

And long may it continue!!!!
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:24 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clothmama
Thanks! Emirates still looking pretty good if you are happy with a stopover in one direction.
No change in Emirates fares for July with or without a stopover.
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:18 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
12 hours won't be counted as a stopover....you should still be able to check your bags through I think. And there is nothing to stop you leaving the airport, stopover or otherwise.
Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yoi are totally wrong. If you are connecting at Changi, your luggage is booked through to your destination, you have no access to your bags. You can clear immigration/customs and leave the airport at will. I did this on stopovers there last July and December with no problems whatsoever.
Ok guys. I've quoted you rather than those who think to the contrary in the hope you are correct.

Spoke to SQ today and slightly ambiguous! Firstly they said I had no probs leaving airport as on Aus passport but could be an issue for OH on British one - what a load of b0770cks I believe. No UK passport issues in I believe.

They also said when we check in Perth, checkin right through to LHR. When we get to SIN just g through immigration. Then when we return to the airport, do not go back to the normal check-in desks but go straight to security to get airside armed with boarding cards (issued in Perth) and passports. Basically exactly as yo would had you gone through check-in desk.

Does this tie in with your experiences?

I agree defo wrong you have to stay with luggage - when we lived in UK near LGW, we used to get there 2 hours before, checkin and drop bags then go home agin until half hour before flight!

Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:54 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Ok guys. I've quoted you rather than those who think to the contrary in the hope you are correct.

Spoke to SQ today and slightly ambiguous! Firstly they said I had no probs leaving airport as on Aus passport but could be an issue for OH on British one - what a load of b0770cks I believe. No UK passport issues in I believe.

They also said when we check in Perth, checkin right through to LHR. When we get to SIN just g through immigration. Then when we return to the airport, do not go back to the normal check-in desks but go straight to security to get airside armed with boarding cards (issued in Perth) and passports. Basically exactly as yo would had you gone through check-in desk.

Does this tie in with your experiences?

I agree defo wrong you have to stay with luggage - when we lived in UK near LGW, we used to get there 2 hours before, checkin and drop bags then go home agin until half hour before flight!

Thanks
Thats correct, you can leave the airport, immigration is easy at T3 where SQ lands.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Are all these bargain flights gone now? I can't find anything from Perth to Scotland (ABZ) under $1800 - and most are well over 2k

Unless any of you know different........

We were hoping to go back for 3 weeks in July.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice

Originally Posted by midgetjan
Are all these bargain flights gone now? I can't find anything from Perth to Scotland (ABZ) under $1800 - and most are well over 2k

They are going fast, I couldn't find what I wanted with Singapore when looking this week, but managed to cancel my existing tickets with Emirates and re-book almost the same flight for $2k less (saving about $680 after cancellation fees).

Anyhow just checked Emirates Perth to Glasgow (not sure which Airport you wanted) 3 weeks in July and they still have a few dates at $1581.72 but I would expect these to be gone by maybe tomorrow or the day after, I've been watching the days disappearing daily
Attached Thumbnails Singapore airlines 88 fare to London-flights.jpg  
Old Apr 17th 2009, 12:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midgetjan

If you are searching for flights to ABZ that is probably part of your problem as the flights will have to be combined with a connection onto (probably) bmi and this will increase the price. $1800 is a good fare to ABZ but you will probably find on the same dates you can get the sale fare to London or Glasgow (if you're talking about Emirates).
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:50 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Ive been told the Emirates ones are only available until 20th April and have to be paid in full by that date too

Not sure about the Singapore ones but. X
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:55 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Not sure about the Singapore ones but. X
Today is officially the last day for booking the SIA fares.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 9:02 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Today is officially the last day for booking the SIA fares.
Ive got some Emirates flights on hold trouble is they fly BNE to SING to DUBAI via Sri Lanka to BHX with a stop in SING of 16 hours, sounds like a nightmare to me! But saving $1000's!!!! Argh! X
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:17 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carole & Keith
Been eagle eyed for this type of thread since as I bought some Michael Jackson Concert tickets for 24th July & 1st Aug in London, so was chuffed to bits when I saw this link, I have bought 4 flights, back to Manchester from Brisbane for myself and 3 kids so we can see the legend, extravigent I know, Staying for 3 weeks, except one of my children who is staying for the full 3 months. Elder children are really missing their friends, so a good opportunity for them to spend some time with their mates, while me I am looking forward to buying some good quality clothes, especially Jane Norman & Next, and some good underware & nightware from M & S & British Homestores.

Thanks again for bringing it to our attention
Carole
Looks like you'll have even more shopping time