Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:40 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Originally Posted by clothmama
Arrrggghhhhh gutted, I saw this the other day then spoke to mil and she has offered to pay for some flights and there is nothing left at all for the whoel of June and July:curse:
There is still loads of availability Brisbane to London in June & July. In June there is not much available departing Thu - Sat but in July it's wide open.

This search was for 4 seats.
Attached Thumbnails Singapore airlines 88 fare to London-sq_july.png  
Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Arrrggghhhhh gutted, I saw this the other day then spoke to mil and she has offered to pay for some flights and there is nothing left at all for the whoel of June and July:curse:
check ba & qantas they're releasing flights today to compete at the same price
Old Apr 6th 2009, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
Its about time the cost of flights home came down to reasonable prices!!

Agree, it makes living in Australia slightly easier to tolerate if you can get the family back out once in a while for less than $12,000 ( what it cost many families just a year or so back!! )

Anyway I have another reason to give this thread the My youngest sons best mate ever here was a brilliant kid called Asher, the family went back to Singapore after 2 years in OZ Him and jack still keep in touch always say we'll see each other again one day...... Went into travel agent to pay this morning and arranged the flights so we have a 3 day stay in Singapore

Kids are gonna be over the moon, I am that excited myself
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:15 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Probably worth mentioning that Singapore Airlines promotion is subject to a few conditions, the biggest of which is that you have until the 17th April to book at these fares even though you can book a flight departing up to the 30/11.

So get a move on!

That said other airlines are starting to compete, but dont hold your breath. I may need to return to the UK in a few days and was looking at Qantas and it seems the fare offer they quote to compare to SIA are simply not available and you end up getting back to the real $2k+, the same with BA who at least dont pretend to have a sub $1500 fare and just say from $2k.

Final booking and payment date is 17 April 2009. Valid for departures until 30 November 2009. Fares are return, per person and include the price of the air ticket, associated taxes, levies, surcharges and credit card service fee correct as at 16 March 2009. Taxes and surcharges are subject to change due to currency fluctuations. Economy Class fares are not eligible for KrisFlyer mileage accrual.

Oh - on a side note SIA are offering 50% off frequent flyer point reward tickets for travel from SIN to London in the month of May. That could be a free flight for some...

Last edited by Centurion; Apr 6th 2009 at 4:22 am.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Probably worth mentioning that Singapore Airlines promotion is subject to a few conditions, the biggest of which is that you have until the 17th April to book at these fares even though you can book a flight departing up to the 30/11.

So get a move on!

That said other airlines are starting to compete, but dont hold your breath. I may need to return to the UK in a few days and was looking at Qantas and it seems the fare offer they quote to compare to SIA are simply not available and you end up getting back to the real $2k+, the same with BA who at least dont pretend to have a sub $1500 fare and just say from $2k.

Final booking and payment date is 17 April 2009. Valid for departures until 30 November 2009. Fares are return, per person and include the price of the air ticket, associated taxes, levies, surcharges and credit card service fee correct as at 16 March 2009. Taxes and surcharges are subject to change due to currency fluctuations. Economy Class fares are not eligible for KrisFlyer mileage accrual.

When I saw the TA this morning she said Qantas availabililty was V hard to get, know our dates were double the price on Q compared to S

Virgin also had an ad for these fares, if anyone is still looking.

My problem with specials is we are usually looking for 4/5 seats, was amazed to actually find dates required with singa.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:15 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

At this rate they'll be repainting the SIA planes in aqua blue and orange and putting a huge BritishExpats.Com emblem down the side of the plane.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

clothmama will become famous soon enough

Thanks off to have another look! I was looking Brissie or Sydney to Manchester but may need to look at London then.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 6:31 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks off to have another look! I was looking Brissie or Sydney to Manchester but may need to look at London then.
Yup, MAN is a lot more tricky.....hardly anything.....still one or two seats on a few dates in July though.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 8:36 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

We decided it was silly not to and have just rebooked.

Refund due from SIA: $2.3k.

Seasider's UK/Sg Shopping Allowance increase: $2.3k.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 9:29 am
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hutch
At this rate they'll be repainting the SIA planes in aqua blue and orange and putting a huge BritishExpats.Com emblem down the side of the plane.

Old Apr 7th 2009, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yup, MAN is a lot more tricky.....hardly anything.....still one or two seats on a few dates in July though.
Problem is I'm at uni so even though I can take the kids out of school and be a bit flexible with them I can't with uni

Have not seen any sign of the cheap BA and QF tickets!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bcworld
There is still loads of availability Brisbane to London in June & July. In June there is not much available departing Thu - Sat but in July it's wide open.

This search was for 4 seats.
I can't seem to get that screen up that you have there, how do I get to that to see it all so clearly (feel really dumb now as I used to be a travel agent, I'll blame it on uni sucking out all my brains!!)??
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:22 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

I can't seem to get that screen up that you have there, how do I get to that to see it all so clearly (feel really dumb now as I used to be a travel agent, I'll blame it on uni sucking out all my brains!!)??
PM'd you clothmama.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

We got ourselves a price war!!
TUESDAY 7 APRIL 2009
WELCOME to our NEW Holidayplanet Newsletter!
AIRLINE PRICE WAR NOW ON!

Late News - Emirates are launching at 4pm wst new fares to compete with Qantas, Singapore & Malaysia Airlines
Call now to book / register 1300 729 595

Singapore Airlines
Asia fr $769,
UK/Europe fr $1379, UK/Europe Business Cls fr $6499, USA fr $1679
Above fares INCLUDE Taxes & Fuel Surcharges
No peak season supplement!

HURRY - SEATS SELLING FAST

Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Thanks! Emirates still looking pretty good if you are happy with a stopover in one direction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.