Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

SBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really nice
Default Re: Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Hi there
I work for HWT in Buderim, and we've also had quite a few bookings on the SQ flight special. They do have a TTL limit (ticketing time limit) of 3 days, so those who have 'held' their seats in with a travel agent will only have until Monday to pay for their flights before SQ cancel the PNR's (booking reference), so those of you who have tried and couldn't get their 1st choice of dates, don't fret - you may still be in with a chance.
I waitlisted a couple of flights today, and they cleared just before I left work this evening.... Yes, we're off to Blighty too - just in time for Wimbledon!!! on this deal
Cheers Kirsty (Simons wife)
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:53 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBOZ
Hi there
I work for HWT in Buderim, and we've also had quite a few bookings on the SQ flight special. They do have a TTL limit (ticketing time limit) of 3 days, so those who have 'held' their seats in with a travel agent will only have until Monday to pay for their flights before SQ cancel the PNR's (booking reference), so those of you who have tried and couldn't get their 1st choice of dates, don't fret - you may still be in with a chance.
I waitlisted a couple of flights today, and they cleared just before I left work this evening.... Yes, we're off to Blighty too - just in time for Wimbledon!!! on this deal
Cheers Kirsty (Simons wife)
Kristy

Can you confirm we'll be able to leave airport for 12 hours on this fare?
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:08 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Kristy

Can you confirm we'll be able to leave airport for 12 hours on this fare?
12 hours won't be counted as a stopover....you should still be able to check your bags through I think. And there is nothing to stop you leaving the airport, stopover or otherwise.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:12 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie
why do these things always happen after i've booked them
And why doesnt it cover December!!! :curse: X
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Bloody useful post See BE is not a waste of time, very useful website.

Just booked 3 from brisbane to UK, got dates I wanted, and most of the way were on the A380 so at least a new plane, hope the seats are more roomy than their old planes which I found horribly cramped despite being a small person.

Anybody been on this A380 tell me its nice??
Yes its definately nice, the only plane to fly to Aus/UK in my opionion, especially if you get on the upper deck, defo the best place and the best plane ever. Flew to to Oz three times last year from UK and would always book the A380 every time.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

SBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really niceSBOZ is just really nice

Sad I know, but I have brought the fare rules home with my flights!! Yes a stopover in SIN is permitted in both directions. If you are going to have a number of hours in SIN without actually stopping over, but wish to go and see the sights, you will be required to collect your luggage and pass through customs and immigration. Your bags must then either stay with you or you can leave them in left luggage at SIN airport.... hope this helps??
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Singapore airlines $1488 fare to London

Originally Posted by bcworld
If anyone is in a situation where the have booked something much more expensive check the fare conditions of your original booking. I know my last couple of Emirates flights had a $200 cancellation charge so you could conceivably book the SIA flights, cancel with EK, cough up the $200 and still be much better off. Definitely do it in that order though!

Just to say that it's worth checking that the $200 cancellation charge is in total, and not per person as they class a booking as a single person, not the total party.

We got stung recently when bstrding Emirates charged us £300 (£75 per person) to change an incorrect (my fault) return date for a flight I booked for July. I believe that it costs £200 per person to cancel. Hope you all find bargains

Lorraine
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:25 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Just to say that it's worth checking that the $200 cancellation charge is in total, and not per person as they class a booking as a single person, not the total party.

We got stung recently when bstrding Emirates charged us £300 (£75 per person) to change an incorrect (my fault) return date for a flight I booked for July. I believe that it costs £200 per person to cancel. Hope you all find bargains

Lorraine
The $200 is definitely per person........change and canx fees will always apply to each seat.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:31 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Sad I know, but I have brought the fare rules home with my flights!! Yes a stopover in SIN is permitted in both directions. If you are going to have a number of hours in SIN without actually stopping over, but wish to go and see the sights, you will be required to collect your luggage and pass through customs and immigration. Your bags must then either stay with you or you can leave them in left luggage at SIN airport.... hope this helps??
Yes thats what I thought. Anyway we've booked it now; basically booked as a direct flight - do we need to let them know beforehand we intend to leave the apt or can we do that at check-in?
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:37 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

The airport also has a transit hotel which you can book for a minimum of 6 hour, blocks, could grab a shower and nap along with leaving your luggage there while your out having your singapore sling!

Im presuming your allowed to do this. X
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

Yes, you must make sure you notify the girls/guys at check-in at PER (or wherever you're flying from) that you do not want to check in right through, and that you intend to leave SIN airport - don't forget, let them know, otherwise you'll be stuck at the new T3 terminal at SIN.... nice amenties though there!!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bcworld
The $200 is definitely per person........change and canx fees will always apply to each seat.
I just spoke with emirates - was told the cancellation fee is $330 per ticket NOT $200 - i don't know if it varies depending on the ticket you have purchased - but ours are $330 per ticket. Was also advised it takes 15 days to refund to the card you purchased the tickets on
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiels
The airport also has a transit hotel which you can book for a minimum of 6 hour, blocks, could grab a shower and nap along with leaving your luggage there while your out having your singapore sling!

Im presuming your allowed to do this. X
NOOOOOOO!!!! if you stay 'air-side' you cannot leave the airport - your luggage and you must stay 'together' at all times. If you choose to leave the airport, you HAVE to collect any luggage and you MUST clear customs and immigration before leaving the terminal. A transit lounge is available at most airports, but these do not give you the right to leave the terminals. The hotel you mention at Changi is 'air-side' and so you would not be allowed to go into the city....
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I hope these promotions last a while.....I have to go back for mums 70th next year...................paying to take the eldest kids with me AND footing the bill for a BIG surprise party!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by donovandenese
I just spoke with emirates - was told the cancellation fee is $330 per ticket NOT $200 - i don't know if it varies depending on the ticket you have purchased - but ours are $330 per ticket. Was also advised it takes 15 days to refund to the card you purchased the tickets on

Where did you book your flights??? if they're through a travel agent here, a BSP refund (that's the company that handles all airlines monies) can take anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks.... here's hoping you booked direct with EK???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.