Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

short term lets in mandurah regions

short term lets in mandurah regions

Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:01 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: short term lets in mandurah regions

Originally Posted by neilster72
Hi , me and my wife and two young kids are in final process of migrating to mandurrah, we are gonna rent somewhere, but as we need to be there to check out areas and stuff and look at houses and schools, we will be looking for a furnished let at first for arriving, From looking on the net, we like the look of halls head, meadow springs lakelands and dudley park, are these places nice to settle with kids and could anyone tell me of any short term lets and how i would go about securing one for us arriving in january,,,cheers neil
Hi neilster, a good strategy would be to choose short term rentals you like the look of on HomeAway, Stayz etc, then send an enquiry to the owner explaining that you're looking for a slightly longer term than just a holiday let, and ask them for a quote. You may well be surprised at how much the price comes down, as already mentioned owners like the security of having their place rented.
I agree with others that January is a bad time to come for this type of accommodation - if you have to arrive in January then that can't be helped but if you could arrived very late in Jan/early February your chances of getting a really good deal would increase.
Also, you're going to be under a bit of pressure when you arrive, looking for a permanent rental, school etc - have you considered using a short term let for a bit longer, say 2 months? Only if the price is right, of course!

Good luck with it all
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

neilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant future

Hey there spouse of scouse(love the name)..

Everythig you say makes perfect sense, and no january is not set in stone, just that our visas should be through in december, so we were gonna stay here in scotland for xmas and new year, do the family thing and then head after new year. So i guess if its defo gonna be in our favour we could hang on a few weeks.. We were planning on a short term rental for up to 3 months while looking for a more permanent place to settle.... So ill maybe try emailing a few agents, saying febuary for 2-3 months, and as you say, if the holiday period is over, they may be glad of the rental... Do you know mandurah regions, all i know is from what ive researched online. So far we like halls head, dudley park, lakelands and meadow springs. Do you have any info you could give me on these areas........ thanks so much, neil
Old Sep 12th 2013, 6:15 pm
Banned

Brad07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I stayed there 2 years ago and managed to get a tail-end secondary lease for the 10 weeks I was there. The owner wanted to move early without losing his deposit and I didn't want to get tied down till I looked around. If you start now you may just get a similar deal.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 1:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Everythig you say makes perfect sense, and no january is not set in stone, just that our visas should be through in december, so we were gonna stay here in scotland for xmas and new year, do the family thing and then head after new year. So i guess if its defo gonna be in our favour we could hang on a few weeks.. We were planning on a short term rental for up to 3 months while looking for a more permanent place to settle.... So ill maybe try emailing a few agents, saying febuary for 2-3 months, and as you say, if the holiday period is over, they may be glad of the rental... Do you know mandurah regions, all i know is from what ive researched online. So far we like halls head, dudley park, lakelands and meadow springs. Do you have any info you could give me on these areas........ thanks so much, neil
I'm glad you like the name, most people just tell me to check that my hubcaps are still there The Scouser and I are going the other way, planning to retire in Liverpool.

Sorry Neil but I don't know Mandurah that well, we used to go down there heaps when I was a kid for crabbing, but that was when it was a sleepy holiday town. It's enormous now! I did find this on the web, haven't used them so don't know what they're like, but they do seem geared to new arrivals to Oz http://www.mandurahholidayrentals.co...ting-families/

Let us know how you get on with finding accommodation and the move!
Old Sep 16th 2013, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Does it have to be Mandurah? just asking in case you might also have other options as well. Your plan sounds good on paper and we kind of did the same thing ie we had a holiday let until our furniture arrived which was about 7 weeks after our arrival which gave us plenty of time to look around for a rental (we wanted to rent before we bought so we could find an area we liked) and also we did not have the other pain of looking for furniture while looking at areas, schools, work etc and we were also glad as we found furniture and white goods to be expensive in Perth. If your looking at settling in Mandurah then I would try and choose a holiday let (if your still on that mindset) near to where you have a good idea of where you can actually afford to long term rent and can also afford to eventually buy. Many new arrives rent in area's they can never afford to buy and then have to move children etc from schools because of this which is never a great thing to do so maybe start by looking at homes you could afford and the see about rentals in that area. Good luck
Old Sep 16th 2013, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

neilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant futureneilster72 has a brilliant future

Hi there,

thank you for you reply, I am qualified to get into australia through my trade as a wall and floor tiler, and its a regional state sponsorship, which means we need to live in regional areas for 2 years and work in them for the first year, and out of all the postcodes they allow I thought 6210 was the best areas, so anywhere in and around mandurah would be ok....

thanks

neil
Old Sep 16th 2013, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brits1
Hi

Does it have to be Mandurah? just asking in case you might also have other options as well. Your plan sounds good on paper and we kind of did the same thing ie we had a holiday let until our furniture arrived which was about 7 weeks after our arrival which gave us plenty of time to look around for a rental (we wanted to rent before we bought so we could find an area we liked) and also we did not have the other pain of looking for furniture while looking at areas, schools, work etc and we were also glad as we found furniture and white goods to be expensive in Perth. If your looking at settling in Mandurah then I would try and choose a holiday let (if your still on that mindset) near to where you have a good idea of where you can actually afford to long term rent and can also afford to eventually buy. Many new arrives rent in area's they can never afford to buy and then have to move children etc from schools because of this which is never a great thing to do so maybe start by looking at homes you could afford and the see about rentals in that area. Good luck

Hi there,

thank you for you reply, I am qualified to get into australia through my trade as a wall and floor tiler, and its a regional state sponsorship, which means we need to live in regional areas for 2 years and work in them for the first year, and out of all the postcodes they allow I thought 6210 was the best areas, so anywhere in and around mandurah would be ok....

thanks

neil