Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Shippers - NOT HAPPY

Shippers - NOT HAPPY

Old Oct 13th 2008, 9:56 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Shippers - NOT HAPPY

Just arranged a rental - called the shipers in the UK to tell them our new address and just enquired about where our stuff is.... from 7 weeks ago they packed it up .... its still in their warehouse in the UK.....

They have 3 hours to arrange something before we hit the roof. They will be named and shamed and I will bump the post on a daily basis for the next 12 months.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:08 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Shippers - NOT HAPPY

What should we ask for? We were told 9 weeks, quite prepared for it to take 10 or 11, but it has not even left the UK yet, what are we supposed to sit on and sleep on? what are we supposed to cook with? what about the telly? WHAT ABOUT THE DOG CRATES? - they were a condition of the rental agreement.

If they get it on a boat in the next 2 weeks how long will it take?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkMC
Just arranged a rental - called the shipers in the UK to tell them our new address and just enquired about where our stuff is.... from 7 weeks ago they packed it up .... its still in their warehouse in the UK.....

They have 3 hours to arrange something before we hit the roof. They will be named and shamed and I will bump the post on a daily basis for the next 12 months.
I can understand the frustration but had you confirmed the date of shipping? Or had you left it open? If you have a letter quoting the date the container would leave, you have reason to complain. If you don't, I suggest you stay polite - they have your goods You can explain your situation on here but please don't bother bumping on a daily basis. You'll find the thread closed which will help no one.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:11 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

They will be named and shamed and I will bump the post on a daily basis for the next 12 months.
Which will get your post deleted long before the 12 months are up. BE is not a venue for "naming & shaming", but rather sharing information.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:14 am
mmmmmm duff

Im sure the quote says 6-9 weeks from 28th August (2-3 weeks away from now) but doesnt have a specific dates. I dont have it to hand, will dig it out and check.

I wouldnt mind if it was a week or 2 late, but the guy that quoted said it would be on a boat within 2 weeks of them packing it.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

clothmama will become famous soon enough

I feel for you and I'm afraid the quickest the ship can get here is about 6-8 weeks but usually 12 (last time we moved over here it was 5 months til we had our stuff). My gear has been in Sydney for over a month and still no sign of it, includes all my kids toys etc so not a good situation. Maybe if you kick up a stink they will fly it for you (5 days last time we moved back to Europe), but we only had boxes not furniture so may not be an option. Good luck with it.

Tory
Old Oct 13th 2008, 10:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Im sure the quote says 6-9 weeks from 28th August (2-3 weeks away from now) but doesnt have a specific dates. I dont have it to hand, will dig it out and check.

I wouldnt mind if it was a week or 2 late, but the guy that quoted said it would be on a boat within 2 weeks of them packing it.
We were given date, time and name of the container ship leaving Tilbury. It berthed eight weeks later in Brisbane. We were able to track the boat on the internet.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Can't really see the problem with naming them. Lots of people on here have shared good and bad experiences with particular shipping companies.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:02 am
mmmmmm duff

Naming them is not the problem - its me being hacked off and saying I will be bumping the thread.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Naming them is not the problem - its me being hacked off and saying I will be bumping the thread.
Every right to be mad - that's ridiculous. I'd love to know why they have not shipped it - was it a shared container or sole? If the latter then they need to have a damned good excuse and presumably some compensation as there must be a reason why it did not ship...
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

I know that is why the moderators would not be happy. I meant that you should consider naming them from the start. Even if they sort your stuff out eventually it would be helpful to people in the process of booking removals now (by this I mean me).

Hope you manage to get this resolved, though I am sure that no amount of apology from them now will make your stuff arrive more quickly. I would be pushing for some compensation if you had dates stipulated in your contract with them.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:21 am
mmmmmm duff

Originally Posted by andyphilpott
Every right to be mad - that's ridiculous. I'd love to know why they have not shipped it - was it a shared container or sole? If the latter then they need to have a damned good excuse and presumably some compensation as there must be a reason why it did not ship...
Its a shared container - but he said it will take about 2 weeks to fill it. and if he doesnt get a suitable household shipment he will find something else to go in it. Whats annoyed me more is they never even let us know. At this rate we have no chance of getting the stuff before xmas.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Its a shared container - but he said it will take about 2 weeks to fill it. and if he doesnt get a suitable household shipment he will find something else to go in it. Whats annoyed me more is they never even let us know. At this rate we have no chance of getting the stuff before xmas.
OK. They should definitely have let you know there was a delay but it's fairly understandable if they've not got another customer going to the same place and with the right amount of goods to fit in the remaining space. You shouldn't have been told 2 weeks. Not sure where you stand legally though. Hope it gets sorted soon.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

The company is Burke Brothers from Wolverhampton.

We had the same problem. We used Burke Brothers last August.

The packing left a LOT to be desired! We were having grouped shipping and it should have left Wolverhampton at the end of September and arrived in Vancouver early November. It finally left the middle of November and this was only because we "reminded" them of the shipment sitting in their warehouse.

Communication was absolutely dreadful I lost count of the phone calls and emails.

We finally received our goods at the end of December.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:28 pm
mmmmmm duff

Yes it is Burke Bros , they're so poor at getting back to you. Thinking about it now, even when I called to pay the bill, they took 2 days to get back to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.