British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Shippers been and gone (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/shippers-been-gone-334004/)

<")))>< Oct 27th 2005 5:21 pm

Shippers been and gone

4 Attachment(s)
Hi all,

Just a word to let you know we had a very successful day with our shippers. We read a number of points of view on here, and decided to go with John Mason in the end over PSS or Crown.

Well, they were an extremely professional crew and a pleasure to see our possessions being handled so well. All went as planned, the container finally left exactly on time, and the quantities all judged to perfection.

I cannot recommend John Mason International highly enough, they were truly fantastic throughout and made us feel totally at ease. OK, the quote was more than some of the others, but I'm 100% certain I made the right choice. Let's hope the container sees the same due care and attention all the way to Sydney, and then during unpacking.

Paul2004 Oct 27th 2005 5:36 pm

Re: Shippers been and gone

Not lucky enough to be looking at shippers yet, but one day! ... :rolleyes:

Nice pics and John Mason sound like they did a good job ... :)

herrchook Oct 27th 2005 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by <")))><
Hi all,

Just a word to let you know we had a very successful day with our shippers. We read a number of points of view on here, and decided to go with John Mason in the end over PSS or Crown.

Well, they were an extremely professional crew and a pleasure to see our possessions being handled so well. All went as planned, the container finally left exactly on time, and the quantities all judged to perfection.

I cannot recommend John Mason International highly enough, they were truly fantastic throughout and made us feel totally at ease. OK, the quote was more than some of the others, but I'm 100% certain I made the right choice. Let's hope the container sees the same due care and attention all the way to Sydney, and then during unpacking.

Glad it went well. The photos are great, really useful.

Welshie Oct 27th 2005 5:49 pm

Oh glad they were good! They are doing us in two weeks! Pics are good too!
:D

DebraH Oct 27th 2005 7:21 pm

Hi all,

I'm going to ask a really thick question now - do they load your stuff straight into the container that goes onto the ship! :p

<")))>< Oct 27th 2005 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by DebraH
I'm going to ask a really thick question now - do they load your stuff straight into the container that goes onto the ship! :p

Yes they do, and very precisely (in terms of weight and shape). Once all our stuff was inside, the packers and the driver both sealed the container with bolt seals, which will remain intact until it reaches Australia.

Bon voyage :beer:

Brisben Oct 27th 2005 8:28 pm

Yes they do, and very precisely (in terms of weight and shape). Once all our stuff was inside, the packers and the driver both sealed the container with bolt seals, which will remain intact until it reaches Australia.

Bon voyage :beer:

Happy days matey, whatever your name is, I wish you all the best for the future :)

Mrs M Oct 27th 2005 8:41 pm

I hope you don't mind me asking but did you decide to take everything with you? Also did you pack the boxes or did they? and could you tell me roughly how much it cost? Thank you.

P.S. best of luck for the future. :)

Caroline G Oct 27th 2005 9:20 pm

Hi all,

Hi, we've booked with John Mason's. Had a look at the pics. We've got a reefer. Is that what you had too?

Paul2004 Oct 27th 2005 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Caroline G
We've got a reefer.

:eek: http://usera.imagecave.com/paulwilliams1/smokin.gif :D

Hutch Oct 27th 2005 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Brisben
Happy days matey, whatever your name is, I wish you all the best for the future :)

Quick look at the Fish's profile would reveal that he uses that avatar because his surname is Salmon, first name Richard... :) So... best of luck with the big move Richard ;)

Caroline G Oct 27th 2005 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Paul2004

:) Like it. It's coming on the 19th & 20th Dec. Are we gonna have a very merry, chilled out Christmas or what??!!! ;)

Latona Oct 27th 2005 9:40 pm

[QUOTE=Caroline G]Hi, we've booked with John Mason's. Had a look at the pics. We've got a reefer.

is that what it takes to chill out through the visa process :confused:

Caroline G Oct 27th 2005 9:50 pm

[QUOTE=Latona]

Originally Posted by Caroline G
Hi, we've booked with John Mason's. Had a look at the pics. We've got a reefer.

is that what it takes to chill out through the visa process :confused:

A reefer is a 20ft container which was used to ship goods, for example, wine, lamb other foodstuffs that need temperature control from OZ or NZ to the UK. It's got cooling equipment built into it so it hasn't got the full capacity a regular 20ft container has. However, as the exporting company want their container back to send further goods they are happy to let the removal companies hire them in order to get their container back & make some money to boot. It's cheaper than a regular container.

See I'm actually a clean living girl, 'Zammo & the other Grange Hill kids taught me, Just say No!' ;)

Hutch Oct 27th 2005 9:52 pm

[QUOTE=Caroline G]

Originally Posted by Latona

See I'm actually a clean living girl, 'Zammo & the other Grange Hill kids taught me, Just say No!' ;)

Yea - and we know what happened to that lot ! :scared: :D