Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ship car and furniture or start again !

Ship car and furniture or start again !

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 7:18 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ship car and furniture or start again !

I wouldn't bring white goods it's too much of a pain waiting for them buy a fridge and washing machine here then they are covered by warranty, remember to bargain!
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Murray family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, quick question. How do you arrange for your goods to be delivered with no delivery address ?
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Murray family
Hi there, quick question. How do you arrange for your goods to be delivered with no delivery address ?
You put "Sydney" or whatever and provide the details when you have them.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:20 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Put your temporary accommodation address down to start off with. It's easier to do this if you book with a short-term accommodation provider such as ourselves than if you stay in a hotel.

BB
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Murray family is an unknown quantity at this point

OK thanks, didn't realise you could give a temporary address then change it later. I'll do that x.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

No, I didn't know that either. That's good to know!

Are you all getting excited now..... You will soon be there, so will I for that matter and we aren't really that organised if I'm honest.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
A decent mattress costs a bloody fortune over here. Disproportionate to the cost of the bed base. You can buy Sealy Grand Pillow Top Deluxe Mattress in the U.k for < 500 quid, here that same mattress is circa $2500 bucks.
If you need a good firm mattress I recommend the mattress company in Yandina. A small family business here on the Sunshine Coast. They made us one to order for $1500 bucks & it's awesome. I'm very happy to recommend them to all. Oh & the girl in the front office is a Pom so no worries with translation.

[I have no affiliation to them, just excellent service]

Sorry just spotted this!

Thanks for that information, I don't seem to have much luck where buying a mattress is concerned. The one I have now cost a fortune and it's bloody crap!
I did try it out but I suppose lying on it for 2 minutes to test it isn't the same as sleeping on it all night.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael74
Apologies for butting in on this thread, we are at present in Spain having lived here for the last 9 years (both retired) but now seriously considering a move to Australia to be with our only daughter.

Does anybody have any experience of such a move, thinking mainly of shipping firms and costs etc.

Plenty of Spain - UK - Spain removers but a bit thin on the ground when it comes to Spain to Australia
Hi Michael,

It would probably be best to start a new thread in the main Oz forum with your question. Sorry you have been ignored for so long.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 12:05 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Now the mindfield of schools. I am putting my 9 year old in a state school somewhere around/between Kawana Waters and Little Mountain/Pelican Waters. So If anyone can recommend/warn me of any I would be very greatfull because it is like a mindfield and my head is going to explode lol x.
aaaargh....sorry, I just can't help myself!! Its minefield, as in you don't know which way to go in a cluttered area case disaster happens!! I am such a pedant but I had to say something,.,...sorry!
Old Feb 6th 2014, 12:07 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, to the OP have you considered Air freight?? When we moved we had a full container PLUS air freight of 500kg, the bonus of air freight was that all our soft furnishings and personal items that could not fit in a suitcase arrived 2 weeks after we did.
Old Feb 6th 2014, 5:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paddyo
By the way, to the OP have you considered Air freight?? When we moved we had a full container PLUS air freight of 500kg, the bonus of air freight was that all our soft furnishings and personal items that could not fit in a suitcase arrived 2 weeks after we did.
Hi

Sorry to butt in, I just wondered which air service you used please?
Old Feb 9th 2014, 9:44 am
Social Grenade Thrower

God knows, our removalist sorted it all out. We just packed the Air Freight boxes provided and they took them when they brought the container around.
Old Feb 9th 2014, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paddyo
God knows, our removalist sorted it all out. We just packed the Air Freight boxes provided and they took them when they brought the container around.

Okie-Dokie, thanks anyway!
Old Feb 10th 2014, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Hi Michael,

It would probably be best to start a new thread in the main Oz forum with your question. Sorry you have been ignored for so long.
Many thanks, have done that now.
Mike
Old Feb 14th 2014, 5:12 pm
Wrinkly Person

FLUFF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electric/white goods

Is it really a good idea to ship electric or white goods across - are there not problems or is it just a matter of changing the plugs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.