Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:33 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
we are in the same boat as Tawkins - cant sell house and need the equity to get out there. planning to validate in march/april next year. might look at seeing if OH can get a job sorted and chance going out and rent the house out. anyone need a plumber????
We are in the same boat as you and Tawkins. Can't sell the house so are stuck hereat the moment. We validated in June last year so we've time left on the visa but just want to be there.

We bought some land in Jindalee and will be staying with some friends in Butler until we can get a rental sorted.

Hopefully we'll be there some day.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

We are leaving on the 21st Sep, heading to Perth.
Anyone else leaving aroung that time ?

Shona
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:59 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich
We are leaving on the 21st Sep, heading to Perth.
Anyone else leaving aroung that time ?

Shona
I wish.

Good luck!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

We were in a similar boat, but decided to let the house out and go.
I hope things pick up for you, its a horrible wait.

Shona
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:19 pm
aka bunja

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich
We were in a similar boat, but decided to let the house out and go.
I hope things pick up for you, its a horrible wait.

Shona
Good luck with everything. Good for you letting the house. We can't do that but we've some viewings over the weekend so, fingers crossed, I'll be able say that I've booked flights.

I hope things pick up too.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

we've looked into renting as well but just feasible for us. the waiting is so frustrating. been looking into making our validation trip in april next year and thats got me quite excited......apart from the cost
Old Aug 31st 2008, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

We have some friends who have just been granted their visa and they are getting their house ready to go on the market. It is going to be a struggle to sell it and you just can't give it away. We still have our house in the Uk but we are lucky as my brother is living in it and paying all the bills etc.

It is very expensive to buy a house here in Perth as the houses are much bigger than you would have at home so mortgages will be higher than you would have in the uk (for most people). I have heard a few people on the forums who have been struggling to sell have opted to have a interest only mortgage for a few years and maybe release some of the equity they have tied up in their houses to get them here. They then are renting their houses out and covering everything they need. If we had sold our house when we came last year and bought the money with us we would still need double the mortgage of what we have back in the uk, it is so much cheaper here to rent than buy. I hope that makes sense.

Sarah
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

thanks for the info. i dont think we will have a really good idea about what we will be able to afford til we actually get out there and get jobs. we were planning to rent for at least 6 months bfore deciding if we were going to stay or not first anyway.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

flights are booked!!!!!!!!

anyone else going the 30th oct..singapore airlines???

now just need to sort out rental....anybody got one?

good luck to all those still waiting to sell/ get visa's

debbie
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:30 am
kazozz

kazozz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debbieuk

debbie
hi debbie

We fly 15 October, counting down
for car hire you could try www.m2000car.com.au
goodluck with your move, where you heading for?
karen
Old Sep 1st 2008, 10:37 am
kazozz

kazozz is an unknown quantity at this point

debbie
hi debbie
sorry thought you ment car rental!! blonde! we found tons of accomadation @ www.stays.com.au
karen
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

A good one for holiday rentals is www.holidaylettings.co.uk and also www.aussiemove.com.

I know people that have stayed in accommodation from www.pomsinperth.com and they are all great.

Any more info needed just shout.

Sarah
Old Sep 1st 2008, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold

thanks you two.

i am going to rockingham -hopefully waikiki

i have looked at those sites and have emailed loads so just waitingfor a reply.

i will check out the car rental site coz i will need one

debbie
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

flo&mags is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks you two.

i am going to rockingham -hopefully waikiki

i have looked at those sites and have emailed loads so just waitingfor a reply.

i will check out the car rental site coz i will need one

debbie
Have just PM'd you as I am in Waikiki.
Flo.X
Old Sep 1st 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

TinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really niceTinaandChris is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
thanks for the info. i dont think we will have a really good idea about what we will be able to afford til we actually get out there and get jobs. we were planning to rent for at least 6 months bfore deciding if we were going to stay or not first anyway.
We're in the same boat. Just waiting...Submitted in May 2008, did meds and pcc without having a Co, but heard visa sometimes goes straight to Grant???

This is a great site for us for car and house rentals so thanks to everyone on here, and really looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future!!
House is not selling and has been on the market for over 3 months, and doesn't look promising, but like most people the equity is all we have to go with. Like our holidays, not good savers!
have 2 daughters 13 and11, and OH is a chippie. Can't wait to start our new life. But do we hang on and have to sell the house??? How much do you guys think you need to take with you as a cushion???
Thanks everyone for reassuring posts to newbies

Tina
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.