Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

skydog is a jewel in the roughskydog is a jewel in the roughskydog is a jewel in the roughskydog is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi New poster so bear with me.
Visited Perth Jan 2006 loved it and thought we would like to try it out.
Have got a job with a 457 visa nomination went through Nov Was held up a bit when our baby boy was born. (problems with his UK passport)Visa granted 13th July, We have now booked our flights for October 22nd Start work 12th Nov, Had all my skills assessed so I can start straight away. Obviously we are nervous and excited. We are both 23 and are renting our UK house out for a year while we see if we can make a life in Perth. If we both get on okay we intend to go for full migration of some sort, The 457 was a inexpensive way to try out a new life and I am so hoping that we find a great new future there. That my employer likes me and I like the job. Does anyone one know if you have points on your drivers licence they are put on you Aussie one as I have some that expire next Jan from when I was young and stupid. Bit older and wiser now.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:39 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi lolylew,

That seems like a good idea, see what Chris says as he started the list and he can do it if he doesn't mind. I think if we keep on this way it will get too big and I am already having strange problems which we never have had before.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sarah.
Hi, sorry missed a whole page of messages! Trying to design & print off our leaving party invites, but done now

Yeah, website list sounds like a good idea But the last time I done a website was about 8 years ago I will look into it though & see how easy/hard it is & if we continue to update this list for the time being.

I'll try & add the new names to the list now.

Cheers,

Chris

Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi, sorry missed a whole page of messages! Trying to design & print off our leaving party invites, but done now

Yeah, website list sounds like a good idea But the last time I done a website was about 8 years ago I will look into it though & see how easy/hard it is & if we continue to update this list for the time being.

I'll try & add the new names to the list now.

Cheers,

Chris

Hello all
just got back from the pub,the list is looking good but have had a few problems uploading it(well the wife has )ive not been on for a while working to hard. 8 weeks to go before i leave coooooool . sounds a good idea if we can get a sight set up?? chris seems to know his stuff so leave it to you m8. any help needed just ask chris not that ive ever done a web sight before,could be fun. good look
Dave
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:15 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Hi skydog,

welcome to the forums & the Perth thread have added some of your details to the list but just need your names & jobs & where in Perth you will be settling initially

Also hi to all the newcomers who I may have missed

Cheers,

Chris

Here is the updated list:
Attached Files
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:23 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Hello all
just got back from the pub,the list is looking good but have had a few problems uploading it(well the wife has )ive not been on for a while working to hard. 8 weeks to go before i leave coooooool . sounds a good idea if we can get a sight set up?? chris seems to know his stuff so leave it to you m8. any help needed just ask chris not that ive ever done a web sight before,could be fun. good look
Dave
Hi Dave,
Computers, they can be your best freind or your worst enemy! I have to restart mine every few hours else it just slows to a crawl

This week is going really fast we'll be in Aus before you know it thinking " how the frack did I get here?!"

I don't know about me knowing my stuff!! It's usually a case of 'hit & hope'

Catch you later,

Chris

Last edited by The_Effys; Aug 1st 2007 at 11:43 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

Great thread by the way.
Can we please join im chris (30) today had a few to drink tonight to celebrate. Oh is vanessa im in real estate and hope to carry this on in perth and oh is a hairdresser. We are just waiting on visas stuck in the backlog, but we have sold the house and got the dog booked out (archie our little boy lol) for 7th nov so hopefully we will be going then if not, hes staying with friends in hocking until we get there. I have been looking at edgewater, kingsley or greenwood. (too much time on hands been on realestate.au)
Any way il stop babbling im off to me pit to prepare for a hangover
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:43 am
Just Joined

skydog is a jewel in the roughskydog is a jewel in the roughskydog is a jewel in the roughskydog is a jewel in the rough

Sorry missed that off. I am a motor technician (modern name for mechanic I know).My partner is a trained beautician but works here as senior carer, so her optoins are open. As for the baby he will spend his first birthday somwhere just north of Perth.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

Hi all!

My husband has been posting on here, thought i'd get in on the action! I've managed to fight him and the kids off the computer for a while!

Just wondered if anyone, especially those who are settling around the mandurah, secret harbour area, Home educate? I have been home edding my son, Connor 9 for the last 2 years. When we arrive in Sept tho, him and his sister will be going to tranby college, baldivis. Bit concerned, but think he'll enjoy it. I think it will be the best way of settling down in a new country and hopefully make a few friends. But in the meantime will try and find a home ed group locally and make friends there as well, so if we change our mind then Connor and myself will have friends that way as well.

Sharon
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

I have added Chrisandvee onto the list and added Skydog's jobs. Still could do with your names because at the moment you are ?????? (hahaha).

Still can't just open the document, have to click on the link and save it before it will let me open it. Hopefully everyone else can open it ok.

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:48 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Just bookmarking. We are already on the list
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:10 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

Hi all,

I have added Chrisandvee onto the list and added Skydog's jobs. Still could do with your names because at the moment you are ?????? (hahaha).

Still can't just open the document, have to click on the link and save it before it will let me open it. Hopefully everyone else can open it ok.

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Hi Sarah, probably best to do it this way anyway as you know you are getting the most upto date list!?
How's Dave? nursing a hangover or was it just a chill night out down the pub?

Chris

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Hi Sarah, probably best to do it this way anyway as you know you are getting the most upto date list!?
How's Dave? nursing a hangover or was it just a chill night out down the pub?

Chris

No, he is fine. He was supposedly going to the local social club but ended up at Chicago Rock Cafe! Not sure what time he got in.

Sarah
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Hi all,

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Sorry Its Joe Mel & Baby is Jay
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that Skydog.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Attached Files
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

You do know archie is our dog if you want to put him on hes 5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.