Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi all,

Welcome to bazzle and dor34. I have adjusted any details on the list as requested.

Hopefully if enough people are interested we can try and arrange a meet up for the end of February/beginning of March? There should be loads of new people arriving here before then. Let me know what you all think.

HERE IS THE LIST:
Hi Mark and I would be up for a meet up, been here for 8 weeks now and are loving it.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

2-hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST:
Hi Sarah and Dave

Could you please update us we fly out out on 13th Feb from Heathrow with singapore airlines and arrive in Perth on the 14th ............Is there any one else flying out then ?
We then head down to Bunbury 3 days later.
Having just sold the house last Friday .........its all systems go now, it feels like we are on a rocket ship no stopping us now!
ive got to book a Hotel in Perth for 3days, Book a hire car for 3 weeks and a holiday let near Bunbury, that should give us enough time to find a house to rent and time to buy a car.
We dont know a sole in Australia and have never been befor, So if any one has any recommendations please let me know.

Dave & Wendy
Old Jan 28th 2008, 6:05 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 2-hunter
Hi Sarah and Dave

Could you please update us we fly out out on 13th Feb from Heathrow with singapore airlines and arrive in Perth on the 14th ............Is there any one else flying out then ?
We then head down to Bunbury 3 days later.
Having just sold the house last Friday .........its all systems go now, it feels like we are on a rocket ship no stopping us now!
ive got to book a Hotel in Perth for 3days, Book a hire car for 3 weeks and a holiday let near Bunbury, that should give us enough time to find a house to rent and time to buy a car.
We dont know a sole in Australia and have never been befor, So if any one has any recommendations please let me know.

Dave & Wendy

Good luck to you both.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:18 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully if enough people are interested we can try and arrange a meet up for the end of February/beginning of March?
We'd be interested too.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

LisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really niceLisaT is just really nice
Post Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Hi Madchef

We've been here a week now and it's going well. This is my first opportunity to get on the internet.
Would love to meet up.

HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST:
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:12 am
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LisaT
Hi Madchef

We've been here a week now and it's going well. This is my first opportunity to get on the internet.
Would love to meet up.
Hi Lisa & Tony,

did you get our PM? Give us a call sometime & we can meet up

Chris & Sharon

Old Jan 31st 2008, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

Hi all,

well not posted on here in ages. sorry

But we are in Coogee at the moment and are looking at houses over the next few days in Baldivis and Secret Harbour. Not really been to any off them before, can anyone offer any advise please, we are a family of three with a 3 yr old son.

Also When you apply for a house i know there will be a few applicants, but roughly, how long does it take for them to make a decision and for you to get the keys (if you are lucky) cant stay where i am for much longer, really hating it and need to move yesterday!

Thanks all,

Becky and clan
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowmellow
Hi all,

But we are in Coogee at the moment and are looking at houses over the next few days in Baldivis and Secret Harbour. Not really been to any off them before, can anyone offer any advise please, we are a family of three with a 3 yr old son.

Also When you apply for a house i know there will be a few applicants, but roughly, how long does it take for them to make a decision and for you to get the keys (if you are lucky) cant stay where i am for much longer, really hating it and need to move yesterday!

Thanks all,

Becky and clan

so you are off to little britain then are you

can take a few days or as much as 2 weeks to get the nod if you have been sucessfull in your application
Old Jan 31st 2008, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Broadbeach/Surfers Paradise depending which side of the house you stand
yellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to allyellowmellow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
so you are off to little britain then are you

can take a few days or as much as 2 weeks to get the nod if you have been sucessfull in your application
We are having to go where the houses are in our price range, so thats why we are looking down there because thats where the houses are at the moment, there are none that i like in Shoalwater, safety bay, rockingham, so its Secret or Baldivis, Baldivis seems nice, But to be honest a place i can call my home would be nice...............
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

We are having to go where the houses are in our price range, so thats why we are looking down there because thats where the houses are at the moment, there are none that i like in Shoalwater, safety bay, rockingham, so its Secret or Baldivis, Baldivis seems nice, But to be honest a place i can call my home would be nice...............
how much are houses down there???
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:46 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Hi all,

Thanks all,

Becky and clan
Our first rental was in Baldivis. Lovely house but very, very isolated. If you settle there prepare to be lonely.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
Our first rental was in Baldivis. Lovely house but very, very isolated. If you settle there prepare to be lonely.
and you wont have such a good chum down the rd
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
They wouldn't be lonely we are in Baldivis
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tigeresswhite
They wouldn't be lonely we are in Baldivis
ah so you are nicky

hows yr day been
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

nelboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

We had our visa granted on Tuesday 29th!!!!

We have an offer on our house so look out Connolly we are on are way!!!

Anyone around the Connolly area we will see you there soon!!!!!

Neil, Ally, Joe & Jacques.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.