Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by butterflysand
I think thats a great idea, whereabouts are you ? I'll have to bring the younger one as well though.
Sandra
Hi Sandra, Yes I will bring my 9 year old too. What is your 17 year old doing? Working or School?
Lorraine x
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

gsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nicegsxrmad is just really nice

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi Lorraine,

I have added you to the list, can we have more details please?

Sarah

HERE IS THE LIST:
Hi, Mad-chef
What details do you need??
Me (34 nurse) OH Adrian (40) Nathan (17) Marcus (13) Chantel (9)
Lorraine
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

confuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really nice

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi there,

All are welcome and if you want to be added to the list send me a message and I can add you. You must be a bit daunted doing this on your own? Do you know anyone out there?

Best of luck with your application.

Sarah
Technically I am returning home, but my fiancee's visa was granted so we will land back in Perth mid January.

The only thing we are struggling with is finding somewhere to live, but im sure it will come together.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:52 am
Karen555

karen555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Lorraine

Sci tech sounds good. Let me know what date suits you both. Not much on at my end (except moving on 2nd Jan, again!!!)

See you
Karen
Old Dec 15th 2007, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karen555
Hi Lorraine

Sci tech sounds good. Let me know what date suits you both. Not much on at my end (except moving on 2nd Jan, again!!!)

See you
Karen
Oh, Where are you moving to?
Lorraine x
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:15 pm
Karen555

karen555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the roughkaren555 is a jewel in the rough

Moving into our rental in Iluka. We're still in holiday accomodation at the moment up in Butler. We get the keys tomorrow but waiting for our furniture so staying here until after Christmas.

Dont actually have much to move!! Still the 2nd will be a bit hectic, cleaning etc.

When do you fancy getting together? Not sure where Sci-tech is but if its difficult for Sandra to get to, perhaps we could meet somewhere nearer her.

Karen
Old Dec 15th 2007, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

confuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really niceconfuzzled is just really nice

Moving into our rental in Iluka. We're still in holiday accomodation at the moment up in Butler. We get the keys tomorrow but waiting for our furniture so staying here until after Christmas.

Dont actually have much to move!! Still the 2nd will be a bit hectic, cleaning etc.

When do you fancy getting together? Not sure where Sci-tech is but if its difficult for Sandra to get to, perhaps we could meet somewhere nearer her.

Karen
If i may- i believe that sci tech is pretty close to the centre of perth (City West, West perth.. to be precise)
Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

janandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nicejanandjohn is just really nice

Hi could you please update our details janice and john landed 11th December - now settled in Settlers Hill Baldivis. Managed to get the rental property we wanted straight away - fingers crossed we get the keys for Christmas. Having a ball so far - anyone fancy meeting up would be great - it would be nice to make some friends.

Living the dream at last

janice and john
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

nelboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Karen

Hi Karen,

How hard was it to secure a rental property?

Some people have had problems getting a rental so quickly!

Thanks,

Neil.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:14 am
Karen555

Originally Posted by nelboy
Hi Karen,

How hard was it to secure a rental property?

Some people have had problems getting a rental so quickly!

Thanks,

Neil.
Hi Neil

We found our rental really quickly, it was a private rental advertised in the paper as the current tenants were breaking their lease. There seem a fair few rentals around but some are really grotty. It depends which area you're looking at. There are hardly any in some of the nicer areas or they are really expensive.

Do you have any idea where you fancy living?

Karen
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Hi Neil

We found our rental really quickly, it was a private rental advertised in the paper as the current tenants were breaking their lease. There seem a fair few rentals around but some are really grotty. It depends which area you're looking at. There are hardly any in some of the nicer areas or they are really expensive.

Do you have any idea where you fancy living?

Karen
Hi Karen,

We have friends who are moving from Heathridge to Connolly in the new year so we want to be near them if we can.

This is probably going to be a bit tough as there are not too many rentals in this area, ideally we want to be close so all our kids can go to the same school (We both have a 5 and an 8 year old boys).

Regards,

Neil.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:46 am
Karen555

Originally Posted by nelboy
Hi Karen,

We have friends who are moving from Heathridge to Connolly in the new year so we want to be near them if we can.

This is probably going to be a bit tough as there are not too many rentals in this area, ideally we want to be close so all our kids can go to the same school (We both have a 5 and an 8 year old boys).

Regards,

Neil.
Havent really looked in Connolly but dont remember seeing many. your friends could always look out in the paper for you.

When are you arriving?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:07 am
Just Joined

temmpest is an unknown quantity at this point

Good place for teenagers and from what i am aware young kids too... normally only for just a once off visit - "Adventure World"(name should speak for itself)... Another popular place is Rottnest island, generally people stay for a few nights, boat trip away.

Just search both on google and you'll get an idea as to what they're all about.

Thought i'd throw that in as i was reading that some of you have teenagers settling in.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:13 am
Karen555

Originally Posted by temmpest
Good place for teenagers and from what i am aware young kids too... normally only for just a once off visit - "Adventure World"(name should speak for itself)... Another popular place is Rottnest island, generally people stay for a few nights, boat trip away.

Just search both on google and you'll get an idea as to what they're all about.

Thought i'd throw that in as i was reading that some of you have teenagers settling in.
Thanks for that. Went to Rottnest last year, they loved it. Going to try and get there again in the school hols. Havent tried Adventure World yet but its on the list!! Think they'd probably enjoy anywhere if they have someone their age around.

Any more suggestions, let us know
Karen
Old Dec 17th 2007, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Havent really looked in Connolly but dont remember seeing many. your friends could always look out in the paper for you.

When are you arriving?
Karen,

We have just had our medicals so it will probably be probably March by the time we (Hopefully) get our visa.

It is important for us to rent in an area where we can afford to buy eventually so that the kids dont have to move school after settling in.

regards,

Neil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.