Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Settling in Perth 2007/8 List

Originally Posted by mad.chef
Hi Phillip,

We are going with Letton, will save over £400 which is a lot. How come your excess is £250? I was only quoted £100. Still got bits and pieces to do, waiting for Westpac to set up our new accounts. Got to finish our insurance inventory, how hard is it to put a price on the kids toys, dvd's etc?

David has been looking into Chef jobs so hopefully he won't be under my feet for long! Haha.

Sarah
Hi Sarah

The excess is £100 or 1% of total value of the goods that you want to cover, so we have 25K which make it £250 excess so they said.

phillip.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi Phillip,

We are going with Letton, will save over £400 which is a lot. How come your excess is £250? I was only quoted £100. Still got bits and pieces to do, waiting for Westpac to set up our new accounts. Got to finish our insurance inventory, how hard is it to put a price on the kids toys, dvd's etc?

David has been looking into Chef jobs so hopefully he won't be under my feet for long! Haha.

Sarah
HAHAHA cant wait to start work WIFE haha just to get away from the moaning hahaha
Old Aug 15th 2007, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

BristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud of

Know what you mean about husbands under your feet. Brad is hoping for between 4 and 6 weeks off!!! I hope not! Hopefully he will get a job within a couple of weeks and be out of my hair.

Changing the subject completely...does anyone know the definite rules on UK car seats? Cameron has a seat that will take her until she is 11 but I have been reading somewhere that if you use anything other than an Oz car seat it will invalidate your insurance. Also there is the hassle of taking it on the plane!!

It would be handy if anyone knows as it could become a pain - car seat to and from the airports and if we get a car as well.

Thanks Louise
Old Aug 15th 2007, 4:36 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BristolBeary
Know what you mean about husbands under your feet. Brad is hoping for between 4 and 6 weeks off!!! I hope not! Hopefully he will get a job within a couple of weeks and be out of my hair.

Changing the subject completely...does anyone know the definite rules on UK car seats? Cameron has a seat that will take her until she is 11 but I have been reading somewhere that if you use anything other than an Oz car seat it will invalidate your insurance. Also there is the hassle of taking it on the plane!!

It would be handy if anyone knows as it could become a pain - car seat to and from the airports and if we get a car as well.

Thanks Louise
Louise,

As far as I know uk car seats are okay. We took our kids seats to Oz last year and used them in mixture of hired cars and friends cars. Nobody mentioned problems with using uk car seats, and we did meet a few families with uk roots.
As for taking them on the plane, we put them on through with suit cases as extra baggage, as you would with taking a pram, and there was no extra cost.
Something else to carry, but no hassle.

Ian
Old Aug 15th 2007, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BristolBeary

Thanks Louise
Hi Louise,

I am going to send my better car seats on the boat and take my 2 cheap booster seats in a holdall on the plane. I read on another forum about the fact that you couldn't use your uk car seats in Oz(they have to have the australian kite mark on them). They did say it would invalidate your insurance. I think I am just going to play dumb as there is no way I am hiring car seats to the cost of more than to buy one!

Sarah

Sarah.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future

thanks for that

I'll probably do the same. Crown advised family send over by post, as she said that was the only way! As long as i declare it and it unopened, whats the worst they can do? ARGH!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:21 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Louise,

I am going to send my better car seats on the boat and take my 2 cheap booster seats in a holdall on the plane. I read on another forum about the fact that you couldn't use your uk car seats in Oz(they have to have the australian kite mark on them). They did say it would invalidate your insurance. I think I am just going to play dumb as there is no way I am hiring car seats to the cost of more than to buy one!

Sarah

Sarah.
Playing dumb won't help if you get in an accident and your child is injured and you wish to claim.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Sorry folks, my last mail was about the marmite thing!

Phillip is jumping around the room chanting about the exchange rate going up!!!!!

Got parents coming over to stay for last time, it doesn't seem real that in a months time we will be in Australia! So many emotions running around this house at the moment, seeing friends for the last time!

Trying to sort out cases at the moment, we all have one each and are starting to put things in that we won't be able to live without for 6-8 weeks.

Don't know where to start today, the lists don't seem to be lessening!

Bye for now
sharon
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:37 am

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
Sorry folks, my last mail was about the marmite thing!

Phillip is jumping around the room chanting about the exchange rate going up!!!!!

Got parents coming over to stay for last time, it doesn't seem real that in a months time we will be in Australia! So many emotions running around this house at the moment, seeing friends for the last time!

Trying to sort out cases at the moment, we all have one each and are starting to put things in that we won't be able to live without for 6-8 weeks.

Don't know where to start today, the lists don't seem to be lessening!

Bye for now
sharon
Reality setting in! Crown came yesterday and packed us off! Excellent service, 2 great guys, can't fault them so far We're just left with the bare essentials but sure we can manage for 9 weeks!

Have you managed to exchange contracts yet? Luckily we sold our place a few months ago so we're just renting at the moment but know what you're going through!

Fingers crossed for you
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Caggsy
Reality setting in! Crown came yesterday and packed us off! Excellent service, 2 great guys, can't fault them so far We're just left with the bare essentials but sure we can manage for 9 weeks!

Have you managed to exchange contracts yet? Luckily we sold our place a few months ago so we're just renting at the moment but know what you're going through!

Fingers crossed for you
Hi, God, how do you feel? I'm dreading that day.

Havn't exchanged yet! Just waiting on one signature from the building society, been told it's in an urgent pile!

What your plans now? when do you go?

Just sorted out boys room, and 3 big cupboards that i kept putting off!

regards
sharon
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:57 am

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
Hi, God, how do you feel? I'm dreading that day.

Havn't exchanged yet! Just waiting on one signature from the building society, been told it's in an urgent pile!

What your plans now? when do you go?

Just sorted out boys room, and 3 big cupboards that i kept putting off!

regards
sharon
Feel great Sharon! There's only the 2 of us, I guess it's much easier if you haven't got kids. Good opportunity to clear out all those clothes and shoes you've not worn for ages and of course you get to buy new stuff when you get there! We've bought an air mattress and borrowed deck chairs etc until we go on 22 October plus we can stay with friends/family at weekends. Nine weeks will fly by.

Really playing the "goodbye" thing down - after all we'll only be a couple of flights away.

Good luck sorting out those cupboards
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:35 pm
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

Hello to all you coming out to perth, im Jo and we live in a rental in port kennedy (moonlight is coming to stay with us in jan)
i have just got the internet switched back on, and have i missed it or wot.... but am happy again now

we love it here, have only been here 2 months, landed on 15th june after 3 day break in singapore, and think its great. everyone seems genuinely friendly and helpful.
i cant say i know a lot but if i can help with anything, just ask and i will try.

we are struggling with which area to settle in as in my opinion, secret harbour, port kennedy, settlers hills (baldivis) are all lovely.

Jo
x
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Hi

We have arrived........got rental in Currambine which takes both cats and dogs!!!!

Looking at cars, done bank (rate went up day after we sent monies!!!) medicare, tax file number.........

i shall just wait now for you all to come and enjoy the bbq!!!

Good luck to all those who are still to travel

Storms
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by storms
Hi

We have arrived........got rental in Currambine which takes both cats and dogs!!!!

Looking at cars, done bank (rate went up day after we sent monies!!!) medicare, tax file number.........

i shall just wait now for you all to come and enjoy the bbq!!!

Good luck to all those who are still to travel

Storms
cool hows the weather, does it feel good to finaly be there
where do you get your tax file number from?
Dave
Old Aug 16th 2007, 2:23 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Playing dumb won't help if you get in an accident and your child is injured and you wish to claim.
Carol ...would i need a car Booster seat for Harry ( 7 )?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.