Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

serious help needed

serious help needed

Old Jul 7th 2008, 8:54 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: serious help needed

Originally Posted by manav20
yeah i am in deep sH*t . now how to get out of it? or may b they won't notice .
What visa circumstances were you in OZ in the first place?

My advice would be too come clean and work it through with the ATO.

Getting a new passport with different names??? is it your conscience making you post or just a chance for you to sound out whether you can get away with it again?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

jeppy is an unknown quantity at this point

i think you have already cooked your goose pal as immigration in oz read expat forums for fraudulent operations.true believe it.:
Old Jul 7th 2008, 1:38 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Seasider
But oh so much easier to get an underage maid, work her all hours, pay her a pittance and take her passport off her so she can't run away.

Yes but the stupid thing is they still want to come back for more!
She gets paid a pittance if she gets paid at all.:curse:
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:54 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Yes but the stupid thing is they still want to come back for more!
She gets paid a pittance if she gets paid at all.:curse:
Tells you a bit about how bad it must be where they come from and why they might be desperate enough to fake a passport, no?

Sorry, this was not the original theme of the thread (wind-up or not, not sure) but ray2gill's comment struck a nerve. I imagine Dubai is similar to Singapore/SEA - where there is demand there will be supply, be it maids, construction workers or hookers. Some will act fraudulently on their own initiative, but many will be innocent but gullible kids from villages, led into it by agents making obscene amounts of money off them, by peddling them to "normal honest law abiding citizens" who want cheap labour to do their dirty work.

OK I'll get off my soapbox now.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 4:12 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Seasider
Tells you a bit about how bad it must be where they come from and why they might be desperate enough to fake a passport, no?

many will be innocent but gullible kids from villages, led into it by agents making obscene amounts of money off them, by peddling them to "normal honest law abiding citizens" who want cheap labour to do their dirty work.

OK I'll get off my soapbox now.
I totally agree with you. People here are so lazy, 60% of the population is obese, they don't do anything for theselves, hence the requirement for slaves in the guise of maids/houseboys.

For this very reason we would not buy property here or have a maid, as do so many western expats. Although they are probably treated better than if they are workings for locals.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney, Australia, but home to EU in 2009 for good!
Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

new dob
You didn’t sound like too much trouble until you got to this bit!

Lots of people forget to pay their tax or do their tax return, but that is easily fixed by eventually lodging your return – yes you might owe a lot depending how many years you have avoided, but it’s not too bad a situation to get out of.

Changing your name is simple and not an odd thing to do, I have changed mine 3 times (long story), it’s simple, costs about $90 at Births Deaths an Marriages and can be done in a day.

As for changing your DOB, that’s where you become dodgy, yes some countries allow you to change your date of birth (turkey) but there is no logical reason why someone would change their date of birth unless it was to fraud something.

Because of this I reckon you’re going to run into problem. Regardless you will run into problems here when you go for your Tax File Number.

1: Your Tax File Number stays the same regardless of what changes on you.

2: If you just apply for a new Tax File Number under your new details as a
new person without disclosing the previous information then you are committing fraud.

You should of just been honest from the start, you have turned a tiny problem it something that might be pretty big.

Want to fix it? Stop committing, or trying to commit fraud!

Mikey

Last edited by Mikeyc; Jul 8th 2008 at 5:32 am.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:29 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perksy
I'll sort you a new passport for £500. Make sure its in used notes and left in a brown paper bag in the third waste bin after the Red Lion pub. I'll arrange collection of the currency and I'll have the documents waiting for you at 9pm.

I'll be standing at the 2nd bus stop wearing a penguin suit and bowler hat. I'll also be carrying a rolled up copy of the Sunday Sport in my left hand. Remember 9pm sharp and make sure no-one follows you
Very droll
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Mikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to beholdMikeyc is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tomski Tribe
How can you be applying for a new passport with another surname
Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Getting a new passport with different names???
PS: Why do you guy’s all seem confused and shocked at someone changing their name and getting a new passport.

People change their names everyday, for many different reasons. All you do is go to Births Deaths and Marriages and register your new name.

Once you have your change of name certificate, you must legally change EVERYTHING you have to your new name, INCLUDING passports. There is nothing strange about this at all. Infact, most passport forms even have a box or form specifically for people who have changed their name!

The only thing that makes him look like he is up to something is the change of DOB.

Mikey
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeyc
PS: Why do you guy’s all seem confused and shocked at someone changing their name and getting a new passport.

People change their names everyday, for many different reasons. All you do is go to Births Deaths and Marriages and register your new name.

Once you have your change of name certificate, you must legally change EVERYTHING you have to your new name, INCLUDING passports. There is nothing strange about this at all. Infact, most passport forms even have a box or form specifically for people who have changed their name!

The only thing that makes him look like he is up to something is the change of DOB.

Mikey
The point is that he has deliberately not declared his change of name and dob to DIAC and has not given them the details of his previous visa - to quote the OP "i didnt tolld anything abt my previous visit to aus also abt my old passport as i thought my visa will be refused and my new passport will be blacklisted too.
The name change in itself isn't a problem, the deception and fraud that follows it IS a problem.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The point is that he has deliberately not declared his change of name and dob to DIAC and has not given them the details of his previous visa - to quote the OP "i didnt tolld anything abt my previous visit to aus also abt my old passport as i thought my visa will be refused and my new passport will be blacklisted too.
The name change in itself isn't a problem, the deception and fraud that follows it IS a problem.
Oh I know that. I work in fraud at a bank.

It’s just reading some of the posts on this thread people are saying they can’t understand how he changed his name or how is it possible to change your surname on your passport etc etc.

Mikey
Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Tomski Tribe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mikeyc

Mikey
You quoted me out of context - I actually said:

"How can you be applying for a new passport with another surname and date of birth????"

I am well aware people change their names, I for one changed mine when I got married. Perhaps I should have stressed the "AND" in my posting...

Last edited by Tomski Tribe; Jul 8th 2008 at 10:26 am.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Paul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nicePaul & June is just really nice

Has he gone ? done a runner me's thnk.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paul & June
No, he changed his name to Paul & Jane and on the way to get a new passport

Mikey
Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:27 pm
The Brains

Originally Posted by Paul & June
No, he's gone to do the only thing he hasn't changed on his passport - have a sex change!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Post of the year ...

Well done.

I was in australia last yr and I commited a big mistake (sort of tax evasion I guess)which I learnt later abt and decided to leave the country before getting in trouble ,okie now a yr have gone by , my previous passport had expired , so I applied for a completly new passport with new last name new dob but with same first name . ANd applied for australian visa ,i didnt tolld anything abt my previous visit to aus also abt my old passport as i thought my visa will be refused and my new passport will be blacklisted too but now I am getting worried , plz guide me will they find out abt me , it seems illegal but have no other way,

thnx