Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Selling old for new

Selling old for new

Old Aug 15th 2004, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Selling old for new

We have decided to sell all our household goods and only take personal items with us (if we ever get the visa's that is)
There is quite a list
4 x TVs
2 x Videos
2 x large settes
2 x easy chairs
Fridge freezer blah de blah de blah I think you get the picture the whole cabbodle is going. Having decided to buy all new in Aus, we were wondering how others who only took personal belongings got on with the sale of their property??
How did you manage to sell? was it adverts in papers? At the local supermarket? Post-office? Or did you just get someone around (house clearance) to give you a price for it all??
While we are on this subject, what stores are there in Melbourne for buying household goods?? Don't imagine there will be stores like Ikea, Habitat, MFI or will there?
good luck to all that are trying
Regards Chris and Andrea
Old Aug 15th 2004, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Last of the Summer Wine country...Soon to be Melbourne
Flossybean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Selling old for new

Originally Posted by Handyandy180
We have decided to sell all our household goods and only take personal items with us (if we ever get the visa's that is)
There is quite a list
4 x TVs
2 x Videos
2 x large settes
2 x easy chairs
Fridge freezer blah de blah de blah I think you get the picture the whole cabbodle is going. Having decided to buy all new in Aus, we were wondering how others who only took personal belongings got on with the sale of their property??
How did you manage to sell? was it adverts in papers? At the local supermarket? Post-office? Or did you just get someone around (house clearance) to give you a price for it all??
While we are on this subject, what stores are there in Melbourne for buying household goods?? Don't imagine there will be stores like Ikea, Habitat, MFI or will there?
good luck to all that are trying
Regards Chris and Andrea
Hi Andy,

There are 2 Ikeas in Melbourne, but I would like to know if there is an equivalent to B&Q , I've looked all over the net and can't find a link to anything

Flossybean
Old Aug 15th 2004, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Originally Posted by Flossybean
Hi Andy,

There are 2 Ikeas in Melbourne, but I would like to know if there is an equivalent to B&Q , I've looked all over the net and can't find a link to anything

Flossybean

try Bunnings, they are almost identical to B&Q

http://www.bunnings.com.au/

or
http://www.mitre10.com.au/

you will get most stuff from these two

love sophia x
Old Aug 15th 2004, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flossybean
Hi Andy,

Flossybean
Thx for that Flossy. When we visited Aus last year we didn't see anything remotely like B&Q. Although we didnt look either. I'm sure if there aren't any yet they may soon be?