Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sell your part of Australia

Sell your part of Australia

Old Apr 10th 2010, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sell your part of Australia

Originally Posted by cresta57
Lol I only found your house build thread today, bloody pikeys have moved in, scrap vans up-ended in the driveway already
We'll have to move
It is looking very rough! We've definately lowered the tone of the street and probably brought the house prices down!! The neighbours must love us!!
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:30 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
It is looking very rough! We've definately lowered the tone of the street and probably brought the house prices down!! The neighbours must love us!!
Yep, you fit right in, everyone has a scrapper laid in the front yard around here.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 11:56 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Gayndah, S.E.Qld

Pro's

Small country town, no chain stores.
Super friendly people.
Citrus season brings loads of backpackers, travellers to town.
Lovely countryside
The citrus capital of Aus.
Orange Festival.
Peace & Quiet.
Wildlife
The River activities.
Fishing.
Awesome climate, most storms go around us.

Con's

2 hours drive to decent shopping.
2 hours drive to the cinema.
2.5 hours to a shite beach (Hervey Bay, (sorry I think so))
Hard to get out of the norm ingredients.
No restaurants.
40c+ days
Old Apr 11th 2010, 12:16 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
Gayndah, S.E.Qld

Pro's

Small country town, no chain stores.
Super friendly people.
Citrus season brings loads of backpackers, travellers to town.
Lovely countryside
The citrus capital of Aus.
Orange Festival.
Peace & Quiet.
Wildlife
The River activities.
Fishing.
Awesome climate, most storms go around us.

Con's

2 hours drive to decent shopping.
2 hours drive to the cinema.
2.5 hours to a shite beach (Hervey Bay, (sorry I think so))
Hard to get out of the norm ingredients.
No restaurants.
40c+ days
You sold me lol
We're at Wooroolin & Wondai tomorrow for a few small repairs that the rough arse plumber caused. If we're done quick enough I may come home via Eidsvold & your little town.
I promised Deb a trip up to Childers as well
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:44 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
You sold me lol
We're at Wooroolin & Wondai tomorrow for a few small repairs that the rough arse plumber caused. If we're done quick enough I may come home via Eidsvold & your little town.
I promised Deb a trip up to Childers as well
Wooroolins still and hour and a bit south of us though love.

You guys should come up one weekend for a night and stay!
Old Apr 11th 2010, 9:01 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Sell your part of Australia

Originally Posted by coolshadows
Where did I say huntfield Heights was a good place to live?

Though I wouldn't try to sell this as a picture of tranquility either...

http://resources2.news.com.au/images...voren-park.jpg

DAVOREN Park residents are arming themselves with knives

"I've lived in Salisbury and Smithfield, and this is the worst. It's s***. It's Davoren Park. Given half a chance, I would move from here. I would not have my kids here."
Sounds like Davoren Park is the wrong side of the wrong side of the tracks!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

ShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really niceShawnMcCrea is just really nice

I like the sounds of a Ferntree Gully! Thank you for your response. I think I would live around Brissy if I were to move over.. and pythons are right up my ally haha

Originally Posted by furkew
We live up in the Dandenong ranges North east of Melbourne.

You leave the city pretty much at Ferntree Gully, and after passing Belgrave, drive through the forest of massive gums, and big ferns. Pass a couple of sleepy towns in the hills, then hit Monbulk.

As far as I know we mainly get brown snakes around here. Its much further north that you get to find pythons (and they can get very big !) Only seen 1 snake so far in the wild, and that was in Koo Wee Rup, and not locally.

Chatting to a supplier in Tassie (he's as rough as guts, real bogan type, but a great guy) and he was laughing about when he went out picking greenery (I work in the cut flower wholesale trade) he had a tiger snake wrap itself round his boot. He is looking forward to the cold weather setting in, so that he can get out and work in the bush without snakes dropping out of trees, and getting underfoot all the time.
Old Apr 13th 2010, 12:03 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=mr mover;8486424]
Originally Posted by coolshadows
Where did I say huntfield Heights was a good place to live?

Your comment about your mate the copper , insinuated that Elizabeth is not a good place to live .
I have replied with Huntsfield Heights is equally suspect ,having been formerly known as Hackam west, an equally suspect area.
You have replied , with a photo of i assume a derelict service station in Davoren Park , {which has since been demolished ] , i guess i should reply with photos of the rear of the" Colonades" shopping center and graffiti, but i wont bother ...both areas have there problems , lets try and boost south Australia rather than knock it ............cheers mm
I'm happy for you to dish Huntfield Heights - I never once tried to 'sell' it.

Think we should just stick with the nice areas of South Australia, was surprised someone was 'selling' Elizabeth after what I had been told, that was all.

(Parts of Elizabeth have featured in the National news in recent time for mass street crime and violence, I don't think you could say the same about areas near Huntfield Heights )

Last edited by coolshadows; Apr 13th 2010 at 12:42 am.
Old Apr 14th 2010, 7:50 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

OK, let's buck the trend and hear something positive for Adelaide.

I went to see Stereophonics play last night at a local nightclub. I live near Glenelg so the drive into the city took just over ten minutes. I parked for free in a side street two minutes walk from the venue and for 60 bucks had an amazing evening with 2000 other fans. I was just metres from the stage and could have been licking Kelly's sweat off the dusty floor if I'd wanted to, but preferred to keep my distance so I didn't spill my drink. And fifteen minutes after they finished their encore I was back home again. Sometimes living in a 'large country town' pays...at least it does for me!
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Gemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the roughGemnic is a jewel in the rough

Not many people rate WA then?
Old Apr 14th 2010, 11:06 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

I did- but I guess the rest are out enjoying it too much to talk about it