Secret harbour - Perth

Secret harbour - Perth

Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:32 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Secret harbour - Perth

Originally Posted by allankate
Just read this on the PerthNow news:-

Armed boy threatens teachers
A 12-YEAR-OLD schoolboy was shot with a taser stun gun by police after he threatened teachers with a knife at Safety Bay High School this morning.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...4-2761,00.html

At least they are high on discipline!! Taser stun gun

Allan
Friends son goes there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:30 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allankate
Just read this on the PerthNow news:-

Armed boy threatens teachers
A 12-YEAR-OLD schoolboy was shot with a taser stun gun by police after he threatened teachers with a knife at Safety Bay High School this morning.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...4-2761,00.html

At least they are high on discipline!! Taser stun gun

Allan
There was an incident a few weeks ago at Comet Bay College with a 15 year old and a knife.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame for the school because their reputation really has been rising of late and I've been more than happy with my son's schooling there and I'd hate for all the hard work the school has done to build a well behaved, safe learning environment to be spoiled by one incident. The school came down very hard last year on wearing the correct uniform and that in itself seems to have made a big difference, it shows when you go to the local shops where the kids drop into before/after school. I would think that both the school and the police managed to respond very quickly and efficiently yesterday seeing as the pupil was stopped in the same area of the school where he first came to their attention and the other pupils never felt that they were in any danger. They were all instructed immediately by their class teachers to remain in their classes thereby minimising any risks to any other students.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

isleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really nice

Just shows you that this sort of behavior is not restricted to UK Schools, mind you I have not herd this happening in schools where I live on the Isle of Man.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:14 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by isleofmanmike
Just shows you that this sort of behavior is not restricted to UK Schools, mind you I have not herd this happening in schools where I live on the Isle of Man.
I must admit I subscribed to the daily email form PerthNow a couple of years back and was initialy concerned at the number of crimes in the area. However when I looked at most of them they were crimes that would normally go unreported over here by the UK media.

I mean even murders happen in the UK and go unreported (not sexy enough for TV) where as a death in a road accident gets reported over on PerthNow. I just brought up the Knife story as I was actually impressed at how it was resolved. No messin around

Allan
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

isleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really niceisleofmanmike is just really nice

Hi Allan

I know what you mean, I think we are somewhat sheltered on the Isle of Man. It is hard to keep things secret and everything is reported, no matter how small. I think anyone who moves to Australia to escape this type of behavior is in for somewhat of a shock......It happens everywhere UK on Australia.....
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:02 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I think it would be very niave of people to think this sort of stuff doesn`t happen in Oz but you have to put it in perspective - WA is bigger than Europe but a high percentage of the population live in or around Perth. Personally I think the fact that they still write up on this stuff is a good sign - at least they have`nt become so numb to it all that it isn`t newsworthy or it doesn`t shock people.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:01 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by norain
Hiya!

I have accepted a job as a GP in Secret Harbour and am just waiting for my visa!!!

My future boss (who is an expat also) told me that Secret Harbour is lovely and it is built around a golfcourse with a surfer's beach as well!

Rent is cheaper than in Perth, but with the new trainlink not a prob to be 30 mins outside the city center if you ask me.

Mandurah aslo seems to be nice - built around lots of canals but quite expensive!!!
hi ,
If you ever need a medical receptionist drop me a line. We should be in Secret Harbour by October this year.

Carol