Reload this Page >

Secret harbour - Perth

Secret harbour - Perth

Old Dec 10th 2007, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

menindee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Secret harbour - Perth

Hi Everyone,

My Husband and I are moving to Perth Around Xmas 2008. I'm so excited and have already been looking at the sort of house we could rent. I was watching wanted down under and saw a family look at Secret Harbour, it looked lovely and houses to rent seemed quite cheap. When I looked on the map I noticed it was south of perth. From what I can make out most people seem to think that the northern subs are best. Any advice would be great. Also can you rent out furnished houses as we are not bringing any furniture over. Many thanks
Old Dec 11th 2007, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secret harbour - Perth

Originally Posted by menindee
Hi Everyone,

My Husband and I are moving to Perth Around Xmas 2008. I'm so excited and have already been looking at the sort of house we could rent. I was watching wanted down under and saw a family look at Secret Harbour, it looked lovely and houses to rent seemed quite cheap. When I looked on the map I noticed it was south of perth. From what I can make out most people seem to think that the northern subs are best. Any advice would be great. Also can you rent out furnished houses as we are not bringing any furniture over. Many thanks
Yes it is south of Perth, about 40 mins on the freeway I think.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&h...2854&z=10&om=1

The Northern suburbs are probably a little bit closer but vary a lot in price/quality of housing/neighbourhood [see multiple repeated arguments over which suburbs to avoid in Perth]. Not to burst your bubble but that fabulous house that looks dirt cheap to rent, suddenly becomes a LOT more expensive when you are earning Australian salaries and not UK ones!

As to your last question, houses are normally rented long-term completely empty of all furniture. You would need to get your own stuff + fridge/freezer + washing machine usually as well. Short-term lets may be furnished but you pay a huge whack more than a long term one.

Last edited by hoofie2002; Dec 11th 2007 at 3:03 am. Reason: Corrected my rubbish grammar
Old Dec 11th 2007, 4:21 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Hi Everyone,

Secret Harbour is a fabulous suburb. It's built around a golf course and right on the beach.

Commuting is alot easier to Perth now, as the southern train line opens on 23rd Dec. Your local station would be Warnbro - about 5 minute drive, and then the train is expected to take 35 minutes.

We very nearly bought there, but were put off by the primary school (not big enough for the growing population). However, there is a new opened since, which has evened things out.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
Secret Harbour is a fabulous suburb. It's built around a golf course and right on the beach.

Commuting is alot easier to Perth now, as the southern train line opens on 23rd Dec. Your local station would be Warnbro - about 5 minute drive, and then the train is expected to take 35 minutes.

We very nearly bought there, but were put off by the primary school (not big enough for the growing population). However, there is a new opened since, which has evened things out.
We are in Secret Harbour, a beautiful place to live and there are 2 primary schools now, shopping centre (not very big but has all you need). We are getting a tavern next year hopefully and with the train line opening in December 35 mins to Perth.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

I f I had to move to perth, I would definately go South, North is so crowded and full of bloody brits.
Secret Harbour is beautiful, and would be one of my choices , or Settlers Hill.
Good Luck with the move.
Denise
Old Dec 11th 2007, 11:28 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Depends what you do for jobs and if you need proximity to the city at all. You can't compare north with south really only suburb to suburb. There are just as many brits in Secret Harbour as there are in some northern suburbs. Don't make your mind up until you get here, have a good drive around and see what facilities are available. I know someone who had their heart set on Warnboro and when they got here hated it so until you are here and you can compare apples with apples then don't get too bogged down with the detail.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

menindee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you everyone, seems to be lots to think about. My husband will be joining the police force when we arrive and I think it looks like he will be posted in the city. So I'm now not sure how far Secret Harbour is from the metro area. I will have to look on the map! I'm so excited to be moving to Australia, My Husband can't wait as he comes from Australia himself . We are also expecting our first Baby and feel that the Uk is no place to raise a child anymore. Anyway, once again thank you for your advice.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

Hi, can i ask what senior schools are close to Secret Harbour? My son will have just turned 16 when we arrive in January.
Thanks
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Malcs66
Hi, can i ask what senior schools are close to Secret Harbour? My son will have just turned 16 when we arrive in January.
Thanks
HI, depends if it's private or public. There is a new public High school in Secret Harbour Comet Bay High but not sure how good it is. Public ones nearby, Tranby College in Baldivis, Frederick Irwin in Mandurah and Mandurah Baptist College, all get good names.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

thanks for the reply. I don't think Comet Bay goes up to his year, although if i remember correctly it's under review. I think at the moment it only goes up to yr10. He would prefer to go to a state school but we are looking at both.
Thanks again.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Malcs66
Thanks
Hi,

Our son was 16 in December so the same age as your son .

I have been relentlessly rearching schools and seem to like the sound of Warnbro High School as it seems to be sporty, which is right up Sam's street! or Safety Bay HS.

As he would be going into year 12 there, the last year of high school but we wouldn't be moving until at least the end of June as Sam is going to do his GCSEs first, I am a little concerned about him starting mid-school year in the last year so I am considering putting him into year 11 then he can complete the whole of year 12 in 2009 - not sure what the logistics are of that but we'll see!

Karen
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

little bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond reputelittle bear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
Hi,

Our son was 16 in December so the same age as your son .

I have been relentlessly rearching schools and seem to like the sound of Warnbro High School as it seems to be sporty, which is right up Sam's street! or Safety Bay HS.

As he would be going into year 12 there, the last year of high school but we wouldn't be moving until at least the end of June as Sam is going to do his GCSEs first, I am a little concerned about him starting mid-school year in the last year so I am considering putting him into year 11 then he can complete the whole of year 12 in 2009 - not sure what the logistics are of that but we'll see!

Karen
hiya,

have sent you a pm

lb x
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Thank you everyone, seems to be lots to think about. My husband will be joining the police force when we arrive and I think it looks like he will be posted in the city. So I'm now not sure how far Secret Harbour is from the metro area. I will have to look on the map! I'm so excited to be moving to Australia, My Husband can't wait as he comes from Australia himself . We are also expecting our first Baby and feel that the Uk is no place to raise a child anymore. Anyway, once again thank you for your advice.
I have just been offered a job at peel Health campus (Maternity) in Mandurah which is not far from Secret Harbour.
We haven't got visa yet but you never know I may see you there!!!!!!!
Can't wait.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

norain is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya!

I have accepted a job as a GP in Secret Harbour and am just waiting for my visa!!!

My future boss (who is an expat also) told me that Secret Harbour is lovely and it is built around a golfcourse with a surfer's beach as well!

Rent is cheaper than in Perth, but with the new trainlink not a prob to be 30 mins outside the city center if you ask me.

Mandurah aslo seems to be nice - built around lots of canals but quite expensive!!!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Kangy-roo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, We also like the look of Secret Harbour. It looks like it is in a good position between Mandurah and Rockingham to enjoy their facilities. I have been on the website for Comet Bay school and it looks quite good. My boys love the look of the beach (of course ) and it is just within reach of where my OH and I are looking for jobs. We are hoping to get over in March/April 08.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.