Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Say something nice about Australia!!

Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

teppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really nice
Default Re: Say something nice about Australia!!

Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:24 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teppic
Cycling! IN MELBOURNE!!!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Standing in the garden, and noticing a stick by my foot and thinking, "a stupid person might think that's a snake", and then it lunges at me.

Nice. It was a bloody snake.

And why does everyone in Oz think the noisier the car is, the better it is. I can hear cars coming 2 minutes before they arrive. Sad thing is, its a heap of shit, but with a V6 engine and a monster exhaust. Still they polish it, paint it bright purple, stick in a monster sound system, and rev the engine all evening. And of course optional grinding of metal on the weekends.

Did I mention rednecks? Oh thats right, the previous paragraph

Good things about Oz, hmm... they're WYSIWYG, and people will come up and tell you they are considerably more wealthy than you (a la Harry Enfield), cos being wealthy here is something to be proud of.

Unfortunately, being rednecked and wealthy is not a good mix. So they all buy fast cars and motorbikes for their teenage kids. I assume Darwinism will kick in at some point, and they'll eventually die off as a species (rich:australian:rednecks I mean).

I can only hope.

JTL
Old Apr 28th 2009, 10:59 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
QF009
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

bananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud ofbananalana has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Standing in the garden, and noticing a stick by my foot and thinking, "a stupid person might think that's a snake", and then it lunges at me.

And why does everyone in Oz think the noisier the car is, the better it is. I can hear cars coming 2 minutes before they arrive. Sad thing is, its a heap of shit, but with a V6 engine and a monster exhaust. Still they polish it, paint it bright purple, stick in a monster sound system, and rev the engine all evening. And of course optional grinding of metal on the weekends.

Good things about Oz, hmm... they're WYSIWYG, and people will come up and tell you they are considerably more wealthy than you (a la Harry Enfield), cos being wealthy here is something to be proud of.

Unfortunately, being rednecked and wealthy is not a good mix. So they all buy fast cars and motorbikes for their teenage kids. I assume Darwinism will kick in at some point, and they'll eventually die off as a species (rich:australian:rednecks I mean).

I can only hope.

JTL
Such lovely things.

And what don't you like about Australia?
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bananalana
Such lovely things.

And what don't you like about Australia?
No no, I refuse to be negative about Australia

I just listed its plus points.

JTL
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bananalana
Say something nice about Australia!! I have been here about 2 months now, and I am loving it!!!

I am in Sydney and there is always something happening/to do - fantastic!
Give me a moment and I'm sure I'll think of something.........
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

...............something will come to me soon.................
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

...uummm............................
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:45 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Footy
Old Apr 28th 2009, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Its clean and generally a safe place to live
The rainforests and scenery along the east coast (Cairns, Sunshine Coast and parts of NSW.
The scenery in Tasmania
Good coffee
The call of the Kookaburra (one of the few bird calls that I can tolerate here!) It always makes me want to smile when I hear it.

Thats it for me, I'm afraid.......

Oh, and the departure lounge at Adelaide Airport
Old Apr 28th 2009, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad

I can only hope.

JTL
Snakes and rednecks. You really need to pick a better suburb
Old Apr 28th 2009, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

teppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really niceteppic is just really nice

I have seen redbellied snakes....
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by fish.01
Snakes and rednecks. You really need to pick a better suburb

I know. I'm thinking of moving to Logan.

At least I won't have to wear shoes in restaurants. Or a t-shirt.

JTL
Old Apr 29th 2009, 9:03 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Say something nice about Australia!!

Originally Posted by Merseygirl
Oh, and the departure lounge at Adelaide Airport
Not true, the departure lounge at Adelaide Airport is rubbish, the last time I was there I saw chewing gum on the floor, this would never happen in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.