Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Satire:Australian British Expats explained

Satire:Australian British Expats explained

Old May 4th 2005, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Satire:Australian British Expats explained

Originally Posted by cadman
Cheers Mrs.D

The thread killer in me wants to bang on about how people I've met never remember me but I'm resisting it

Ooohhh go on

No shame in killing threads. I just won the 2005 thread killer award. I'm just waiting for the moderators to give me the crown,

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 4th 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

LOL Badge...

I've made an appointment with the psychiartrist for next week, and the opticians the next (need a new pair of rose-tinted specs).. thanks for the free diagnosis.. And I always thought it was all the others... :scared:
Old May 4th 2005, 3:03 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Badge

The ‘first name terms’ poster

I won’t mention any names Bordy(!) Is always calling a member by their first name and coming all over like a kindly uncle in the process.

I suppose uncle is better than Grandpa.

Notice Ive never used your first name though Badge, I know you prefer it being secret Humphrey, I mean Badge.
Old May 4th 2005, 3:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So where do you fall in all that Badge and does that post come under the heading of "only when you have to" or are you just bored
Old May 4th 2005, 3:22 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

LOL, Badge, fame at last!
And you're right, I get so much amusement from all the angst about spiders, etc.
When you've been here a while, you learn strategies (and products) to cope with most of those nasty critters. But if I posted them on here, it would put too much of a damper on all those people who appear to enjoy scaring themselves half to death. And I wouldn't want to be transferred to the Threadkiller list..........
Old May 4th 2005, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Great observations there, although I reckon I might be a bit nervous of my next post for fear someone is going to "categorise" me
Old May 4th 2005, 3:29 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm not sure where we fit! How about an "itchy feet" member?

The army moved us around at the drop of a hat for 22 years, and now I have been static for almost 9 (with a bit of a break in the middle of that) I have this need to move. I can't explain it, maybe just moving counties would help, but we are going whole hog and trying to move halfway round the world!

Mad I tell you, mad!
Old May 4th 2005, 3:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
Great observations there, although I reckon I might be a bit nervous of my next post for fear someone is going to "categorise" me

'Nervous poster'

JTL
Old May 4th 2005, 3:44 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
'Nervous poster'

JTL
I am now

Nice one Badge.

I'll send Karma when it let's me.

G
Old May 4th 2005, 6:08 pm
Merlot

The funniest ******* thing I have read in a long time

I feel I defo have a multi personality as I come under so many of those descriptions, luckily I changed my avator the other day to remove the "lettuce" part, feel the need to be a bit political/votey at the mo.

This has GOT to be the POST of 2005 - forget the rest. Second is JTL Thread Killer for discovering this unusual disease

You should become an agony uncle or TV Quack!

M

Old May 4th 2005, 11:12 pm
ABCDiamond

Good one Badge Started my morning off with a smile

I'd send you some lovely Karma, but it says I already have

Old May 4th 2005, 11:45 pm
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough

Definitely in the running for the prestigious "BE Post of the Year" award!

Should be pinned to the top of the forum as an example to others...

GLR
Old May 5th 2005, 4:38 am
Coogee Rocks

Originally Posted by GLR
Definitely in the running for the prestigious "BE Post of the Year" award!

Should be pinned to the top of the forum as an example to others...

GLR
how about the smug 'married an aussie' poster - and it only took 2 weeks to get a visa people?

Last edited by Coogee Rocks; May 5th 2005 at 4:51 am.

Old May 5th 2005, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Very funny Badge! I realise I was reading it through muttering - no..that's not me....that's not me....hmm...maybe that's me a bit....hmm maybe a bit rosy....I'm not that old...etc etc. Pidgeon-holing...a favourite pastime
Old May 5th 2005, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How about another category of posters who keep giving you false information on places they know nothing about and keep arguing with those who actually live there?

Mrs JTL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.