Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:05 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Same S!it Different Bucket!!!!!!

Originally Posted by arkon
Do an advanced search on my name and you will get a flavour for why I don't like it here. It's only my opinion and my experiances, but read them and it will save me having to retype them all here.
Arkon

I've been wondering for a while whether you would be of the same opinion about Australia had you settled somewhere else.

This is a genuine question because I'm quite curious.

Suzy x
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:08 am

martin and sharon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I'm one of those brits who want to leave because of the state of the country. Don't get me wrong, there are some things I love about UK, but escalating crime rates is not one of them. i have other far more sensible reasons for wanting to go to Oz too, but I can understand what Sharon is saying here.
Maybe it is because you are only down the road from me that you can understand what I`m saying.
Cheers

Sharon
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Aussie_Pride will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by martin and sharon
Sorry for p!ssing you off so much! I guess that deep down maybe I`m just scared sh!tless of the big move. I have never been before and am not planning on a trip before hand. Could be that I end up in the same situation as yourself and be really annoyed at someone asking the same question as I did. The thing is, i won`t know till I get there! I hope that all my dreams and expectations will not be shatted once I am there.

Take care

Sharon
Don't worry you will be fine im sure it is a big move and can be very stressful at time's,but just remember there are plenty of other people going though the same thing as you and you will always find a friendly face on here to help you out or give you there support
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Aussie_Pride
Don't worry you will be fine im sure it is a big move and can be very stressful at time's,but just remember there are plenty of other people going though the same thing as you and you will always find a friendly face on here to help you out or give you there support

Cheers Aussie Pride

I really will have to go and do some ouework now though.

Thanks for all your comments though. Catch up with you later.

Sharon
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:14 am

Cheers Aussie Pride

I really will have to go and do some ouework now though.

Thanks for all your comments though. Catch up with you later.

Sharon

What I meant to say in English was

Cheers Aussie Pride,

I really will have to go and do some housework now though.

Thanks for all you comments though. Catch up with you later.

Sharon
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:33 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it is because you are only down the road from me that you can understand what I`m saying.
Cheers

Sharon

Could be Sharon, but I bet there are others out there, who also agree with what you have said.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:42 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for p!ssing you off so much! I guess that deep down maybe I`m just scared sh!tless of the big move. I have never been before and am not planning on a trip before hand. Could be that I end up in the same situation as yourself and be really annoyed at someone asking the same question as I did. The thing is, i won`t know till I get there! I hope that all my dreams and expectations will not be shatted once I am there.

Take care

Sharon
Don't worry Sharon, I'm not pissed off, It's just a major frustration I have at the moment with the pen bushers in Canberra trying to get my son a passport so we can leave this godforsaken country. So when people say just leave if you don't like it, It warms the blood somewhat. Your braver than me coming here without seeing it first, but seeing as I did see it first before coming and still came means nothing, so who knows. I hope you do like it here. Just don't burn any bridges to get here and carefull slagging off the UK it's not that bad really it isn't . Come back NHS and Mr Blair all is forgiven.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:46 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzy
Arkon

I've been wondering for a while whether you would be of the same opinion about Australia had you settled somewhere else.

This is a genuine question because I'm quite curious.

Suzy x
Maybe, who knows, I didn't like Sydney much and I'm not too keen on where I am now. But a lot of my problems are endemic to the country as a whole I think. If we can we might try and rent up Brisbane way first before coming back but that depends on how quich the house sells.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:49 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

These threads are reason that many come onto the Forum then get a little scared off or p*ssed off, very tiresome

Having lived in both countries my own opinion is both are really on par with each other, depends on your own life and expectations, what suits you now may not suit you in 5 years time and just make the most of what you have at the moment - be it Oz or UK.

Just be bloody happy with your lot and if you want to move to another country for whatever reason, just do it, only you will know if it is right
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Aussie_Pride will become famous soon enough

Cheers Aussie Pride,

Sharon
No problem glad to help
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 10:25 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Aussie Pride,

Sharon
I've just read this thread and I'm pissing myself laughing
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by walla1
I've just read this thread and I'm pissing myself laughing

If you had your bucket handy, you wouldn`t have pissed yourself.

Sharon
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 10:31 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Sharon
...and it's also to have a bucket handy in case your washing machine leaks
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 10:32 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Sharon
the bucket was between me legs you muppet.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 10:32 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by samnrob2
Agree that all countries have their own level of crime although I have to say that in 8 months of being in Brisbane, I've not come across any arsehole teens masquarading as gangsters as opposed to every bloody day in the UK.

There is crime here, but not apparently in Bris Vegas!

R
I know, I cant believe it.
I am almost looking for it.
I just went to pick up pizza from Dominos and a car of young blokes pulled up beside me and I couldnt help feeling a bit intimidated. They nodded to let me open the car door before them and then beat me and the kids to Dominos but held the door open for us first

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.