Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:43 am

martin and sharon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Same **** Different Bucket!!!!!!

Familiar phrase to anyone????
I`m sick of people putting Australia down so much and comparing it tho the UK.

O.K. so Australia has crime too. Doesn`t everywhere? But what I want to ask is ....The majority of Brits leaving the U.K seem to be doing so because of the state of the country. i.e:- crime rates, illegal immigrants, yob culture etc. etc.
Now, the majority of Brits that return to the U.K seem to be doing so due to homesickness, not because of the state of the place. So, instead of banging on about people wearing rose-tinted glasses, try supporting them instead!
Opinions are one thing. Sh!iting in buckets is another.

Sharon
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Same S!it Different Bucket!!!!!!

Originally Posted by martin and sharon
Familiar phrase to anyone????
I`m sick of people putting Australia down so much and comparing it tho the UK.

O.K. so Australia has crime too. Doesn`t everywhere? But what I want to ask is ....The majority of Brits leaving the U.K seem to be doing so because of the state of the country. i.e:- crime rates, illegal immigrants, yob culture etc. etc.
Now, the majority of Brits that return to the U.K seem to be doing so due to homesickness, not because of the state of the place. So, instead of banging on about people wearing rose-tinted glasses, try supporting them instead!
Opinions are one thing. Sh!iting in buckets is another.

Sharon
People are just trying to show that you need to be realistic.
There is no point emigrating to escape crime because every country has it.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by jugsy

I realise this, and I know that a lot of people don`t want others moving with false expectations, it`s just that some people come across as though the place is just like the U.K. Escaping crime factors is one small part of most peoples reasons for leaving, but like I said, how many people return for the same reason?

Sharon
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:52 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jugsy
Agree that all countries have their own level of crime although I have to say that in 8 months of being in Brisbane, I've not come across any arsehole teens masquarading as gangsters as opposed to every bloody day in the UK.

There is crime here, but not apparently in Bris Vegas!

R
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

The majority of Brits leaving the U.K seem to be doing so because of the state of the country. i.e:- crime rates, illegal immigrants, yob culture etc. etc.
And a lot of us are sick of people making ridiculous statements like this.

G
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
Touch a nerve did I?
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

I'm the biggest advocate for moving to Aus, but in many ways it is the same shit.

Although I for one am happier to do my business in a shinier bucket

R
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

G
Why?! That's only their opinion, and they have every right to express it!
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Touch a nerve did I?
I obviously did.

G
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by samnrob2
I'm the biggest advocate for moving to Aus, but in many ways it is the same shit.

Although I for one am happier to do my business in a shinier bucket

R

Now that your bucket is nice and shiny. Why not get Grayling to polish the handle. Or even better, the inside!
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:57 am
Bitter and twisted

Now that your bucket is nice and shiny. Why not get Grayling to polish the handle. Or even better, the inside!
Now Now..don't get childish

G
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:58 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by suzimc
Why?! That's only their opinion, and they have every right to express it!
And so do the rest of us

G
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:58 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

Serious questions here - have you ever lived in Australia (not including holidays)?

R
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:59 am

Now Now..don't get childish

G

Why Grayling so are so easy to wind up your handle is almost showing.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:00 am
Bitter and twisted

Why Grayling so are so easy to wind up your handle is almost showing.
Are you stalking me

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.