Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

sad sad situation

sad sad situation

Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

benhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: sad sad situation

Awful situation and you do have my sympathy big time, but it does sound like you are trying to punish your husband and may end up punishing your son too.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benhila
Awful situation and you do have my sympathy big time, but it does sound like you are trying to punish your husband and may end up punishing your son too.
Or perhaps she is just heart broken and wants to be near her family.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

benhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of lightbenhila is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
That too, it is never black and white is it?
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:33 am
Just Joined

yorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Completely correct, got it in one..
Old Jul 24th 2011, 9:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkshiretobrisbane
Completely correct, got it in one..
But surely your son is heartbroken as well and wants to be near his mummy and daddy?

While you may be hurt and want to be near your family, unfortunately when you become a parent your wants and needs come second to those of your child.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 10:29 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
But surely your son is heartbroken as well and wants to be near his mummy and daddy?

While you may be hurt and want to be near your family, unfortunately when you become a parent your wants and needs come second to those of your child.
Bingo!!!
Bullseye!!
Got it in one!!

To be honest the OP is in an impossible position, thinking of herself and thinking pf the child. Both are polar in their outcomes. In the interim I would put the child first and see what lies ahead.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 12:39 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
unfortunately when you become a parent your wants and needs come second to those of your child.
That works both ways.

On the facts as presented he is willing to let them return to the UK alone. Is that the action of someone who is putting their child first?

Putting the child first might be offering them the stability of a support network available in the UK from both families.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:16 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Ah but in the perfect world...
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

yorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud ofyorkshiretobrisbane has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bix
That works both ways.

On the facts as presented he is willing to let them return to the UK alone. Is that the action of someone who is putting their child first?

Putting the child first might be offering them the stability of a support network available in the UK from both families.
Bingo.
Old Jul 24th 2011, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

OxOz will become famous soon enough

Y2B

I feel you have already made your mind up to go home and are looking for others to validate what you are doing.
A break up is horrendous especially if it is not what you want - but it is also like a bereavement and it probably is wise not to make any major decisions for a year
Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:41 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
That works both ways.

He is currently willing but if he suddenly decides to get arsey and not let her remove the child she will be a miserable thing.

If it was me I would get out while the going is good. From what you have written you will get more support for you and your child at home in the UK.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=yorkshiretobrisbane;9514879
Although I am grateful that he won't stop us returning to England if that's ultimately what I feel is best for us.[/QUOTE]

This is what he says for now, the longer you leave it, there is a chance he will stop you removing your son & then you really will be trapped.

Originally Posted by Bix
That works both ways.

Excellent points!

Originally Posted by northernbird
He is currently willing but if he suddenly decides to get arsey and not let her remove the child she will be a miserable thing.

If it was me I would get out while the going is good. From what you have written you will get more support for you and your child at home in the UK.
Ditto
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:10 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
This is what he says for now, the longer you leave it, there is a chance he will stop you removing your son & then you really will be trapped.

Excellent points!

Ditto
I don't doubt for one moment the support in UK, initially anyway.

I was only looking at this from the child's point of view, which is easy for me as I have no emotional ties to either parent. The OP previously stated that the son and father get on really well and the last time she saw them enjoy each others company she 'was in bits'. I understand why and I understand the need to be with those who support you. But, the son does not, at this moment in time, need external support as he is still in the vicinity of his father.
All I keep reiterating is the child should be paramount here and as hard as it is for the OP, again I fully understand, that should be a prime consideration. The pain of the break up will reduce, but the pain of having the guilt of taking a son away from the other parent (trying to reduce the gender issue here) will not. If the son gets upset by moving away from his father, gues who will get the blame and ultimately all the sorrow and issues it will bring?
Surely you are not completely alone where you are? You must have friends/neighbours/colleagues who you can talk to, moan at, ask if they have male friends??? They could be the key to you resolving your loss at the break up of your marriage and ultimately finding new friendships and maybe even romance, although I appreciate romance is not on your agenda at the moment.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:13 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by northernbird

Wanting your son in the same country as you is not 'arsey', its called an emotional need and even though things do not have clarity right now time does change peoples perceptions. Running away now 'while the going is good' sounds like a deliberate act of severing the father/son ties.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:29 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
Wanting your son in the same country as you is not 'arsey', its called an emotional need and even though things do not have clarity right now time does change peoples perceptions. Running away now 'while the going is good' sounds like a deliberate act of severing the father/son ties.
Plenty of people manage with long distance relationships with their parents. It isn't unusual these days. I think the Mothers well being is more important to the child in the short term. If she is stuck somewhere without support then she will suffer. I don't know the ins and outs but my assumption is that he left her and has said he is happy to see how he goes without his son. To me that isn't the feelings of a committed father but I am only saying that based on the limited information in this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.