Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"The rush is on to beat the Barmy Army to Ashes seats!!

"The rush is on to beat the Barmy Army to Ashes seats!!

Old Feb 9th 2006, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "The rush is on to beat the Barmy Army to Ashes seats!!

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Ashes dates as below;

10 v Prime Minister's XI, Canberra

12-14 v New South Wales, Sydney

17-19 v South Australia, Adelaide

23-27 1st Test, Brisbane

December

1-5 2nd Test, Adelaide

9-10 v Western Australia, Perth

14-18 3rd Test, Perth

26-30 4th Test, Melbourne

January

2-6 5th Test, Sydney

With regards to applying via the cricket.com.au site, you did also have to supply a mobile phone number, I suspect ones with a UK prefix will be ignored, to be honest I thought they would have requested a home address., or asked for written registrations.
Thanks for the dates. The BA will find all sorts of ways around the CA methods to reduce their ticket allocation but I agree the home address would have been logical. Home phone number and address can be easily cross-checked eg on whitepages.com.au but whether they want to do this thousands of times is another matter!

OzTennis
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fraser
I can't see the 'G' selling out, but I've registered just in case.
I think it will. I was pretty busy during the last year when they were playing SA so I reckon for the ashes it will be a sell out crowd
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:33 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellfish
I think it will. I was pretty busy during the last year when when they playing SA
It wasn't sold out for the last ashes one and it was at reduced capacity.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

It wasn't sold out for the last ashes one and it was at reduced capacity.
But the Melbournians love their cricket plus the added pressure on Aus to win back the trophy..If I were a betting wo-man I would say the 26th will definitely be sold out and the 30th..watch this space
Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:03 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
With regards to applying via the cricket.com.au site, you did also have to supply a mobile phone number, I suspect ones with a UK prefix will be ignored, to be honest I thought they would have requested a home address., or asked for written registrations.
Maybe they are going to do some sort of SMS promotion or something? I hope they've thought it through propertly because I want those tickets for the WACA!

I'll be cheering the green and gold BTW
Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:14 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Just booked my flights down to Melbourne for the boxing day test at the MCG looks like another sporting dream can be ticked off the list.

Perhaps a few who head to the game can meet up for a beer or 2 during or after the match?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 11:24 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
Just booked my flights down to Melbourne for the boxing day test at the MCG looks like another sporting dream can be ticked off the list.

Perhaps a few who head to the game can meet up for a beer or 2 during or after the match?
I'll meet you for a beer mate, I went last time but left at tea.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:17 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Good man I thought you might be up for it we will have to organise a location and time a little closer to the event.

Anyone else who fancies a catch up at the cricket is more than welcome just drop me a pm.

5 days on the ale....hope my liver can stand the pace.

cheers

I'll meet you for a beer mate, I went last time but left at tea.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTree

Yep, I've been ticking off my sporting dreams:

A Footscray Bulldogs Grand Final at MCG
Test Match at MCG
ODI at MCG
Melbourne Cup day at Flemington
Wimbledon (played and watched)
Melbourne Park (ditto)
Hampden Park (Scotland vs Australia)
Murrayfield (Scotland vs Australia) etc

no doubt others will have their Lords, Twickenham's, SCG's etc

I'm sorry I'll miss the Commonwealth Games
Old Feb 10th 2006, 10:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

some chap on another thread said he called the WACA and was told that being a member does not guarantee ashes tickets. I have my name down on the waiting list for October so will be gutted if this is the case.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 12:17 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

On a slightly-related note, is anyone heading for the 3rd VB final at the Gabba ... presuming Sri Lanka don't win the thing 2-0?

On the subject on Ashes tickets and registering, yup, it's a great move for the marketing people and I'll falling for it hook, line (and length) and sinker ... my favourite player is Mike Hussey btw ...

I shall be taking along my lucky "Out for a Duck" toys ... they even quack ... sheesh, they're even selling 'em on ebay ...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CRICKET-AUSTR...QQcmdZViewItem