Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rules for vaccinations in oz

Rules for vaccinations in oz

Old May 14th 2011, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

HayleyDamerell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rules for vaccinations in oz

Let me guess your a man who thinks if you've had a vaccination it means you can't catch the disease being vaccinated against..... Some news for you....it doesn't!! My children have a very healthy, active lifestyle and a strong immune system.....capable of fighting diseases to the same levels as those vaccinated. If my children are unfortunate and catch these diseases then they will be treated medically according to what they need and when. A child who catches mumps, measels etc is treated to the same level wether they are vaccinated or not, they do not have a worse strain than a vaccinated child and actually have a stronger, more pure immunity without any drugs, and stand exactly the same chance!! However this is not the same for an unhealthy child but everyones case is different.
Old May 14th 2011, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
As someone has pointed out, the parents of Australian children that are not immunised are penalised by some of their allowances being withheld. My kids have had reactions to the flu vaccine and I wouldn't have them done again (tried two years running and the reaction was worse the second time, hospital said, another dose could be fatal). It's totally a parents choice whether their child is vaccinated or not, as long as they recognise that in doing so puts not only their own child at risk but others in the community. If there is a genuine medical reason your child can't have a particular vaccine, then obviously it can't happen, but too many people are just doing it for the wrong reasons. I wonder how many of those choosing not to vaccinate without adequate reason would let their child have surgery without anaesthesia or refuse antibiotics for a life threatening bacterial infection.
Well said. People are so selective about their rights and beliefs.
Old May 14th 2011, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HayleyDamerell
Let me guess your a man who thinks if you've had a vaccination it means you can't catch the disease being vaccinated against..... Some news for you....it doesn't!! My children have a very healthy, active lifestyle and a strong immune system.....capable of fighting diseases to the same levels as those vaccinated. If my children are unfortunate and catch these diseases then they will be treated medically according to what they need and when. A child who catches mumps, measels etc is treated to the same level wether they are vaccinated or not, they do not have a worse strain than a vaccinated child and actually have a stronger, more pure immunity without any drugs, and stand exactly the same chance!! However this is not the same for an unhealthy child but everyones case is different.
That is rubbish.
Old May 14th 2011, 11:33 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I hope you dont mean that even though a person say Polly or myself, that knows a certain vaccine can risk our lives or make us seriously sick, we should have it for the benefit for future generations? Do you mean that?
Don't be daft, of course I'm not saying that.
Old May 14th 2011, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

What part?? Maybe some research needs to be done then on your behalf if you too think you can't catch a disease that is being vaccinated against.
Old May 14th 2011, 11:36 am
Account Closed

It was information on the visa side I was referring too. And if your opinion is so different......get lost as your not welcome on this thread! As amusing as it is.....this reads a totally different subject now!

But the nicer people with open minds to different opinions are very welcome and maybe the objective of this thread will be found again.

I'm liking the comment cranky old man!! Who probably is in some need of sexual relief which might put a smile on his face And change his while demeanour
Old May 14th 2011, 11:38 am
Account Closed

Oh for Gods sake, you don't actually believe all that bollocks do you?
Old May 14th 2011, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lesleys
Well said. People are so selective about their rights and beliefs.
Isn't that human nature though? I operate on a "best I can" system - so I eat organic wherever I can afford it, but non organic when I can't. I choose not to buy plastic but then if I need a particular size box and its only available, I will buy it and pretend I dont notice its plastic. I eat healthily but smoke when I drink (way too much).

Life is all about compromises - you just have to do whats best with the information you have access to - and its ok to change your mind too.

I run a natural based business but we sell conventional medications for certain things where I dont believe its safe to do otherwise. a lot of people want to make their own decisions and to live a more sustainable, chemical free life that doesn't mean they are evangelical idiots. To the contrary, often they have read and researched a lot more than those who just go with the masses.
Old May 14th 2011, 11:41 am
Account Closed

Well ladies, its been fun, but the football is coming on now and that's obviously far more important than trying to talk sense to people, who are happy to let their kids get sick.
Old May 14th 2011, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

I think that's a good one to end this on oddessey. Well said
Old May 14th 2011, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Omg he actually believes you can't catch it if you've been vaccinated. Someone is definately stuck in the past and needs to get with it!!
Old May 14th 2011, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future

You usually are; so I would think the chances are high.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
..or, he could be considered the 50 year old father of two who has personal experience of a time when kids, lots of them, got really sick from, now preventable, illnesses?

I could be wrong though.
Old May 14th 2011, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future

A two minute google search proves conclusively that you are indeed WRONG!

http://www.naturalnews.com/031116_Dr...l_Journal.html

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Almost nobody avoided vaccinations until that pillock Andrew Wakefield started the MMR scare, a scare that went on to be described as an elaborate fraud. If peoples opinions are based on that, then they deserve to be dissmissed out of hand.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/01/0...is-fraudulent/
Old May 14th 2011, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Easty1976

At last the backup has arrived haha
Hayley
Old May 14th 2011, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

Omg he actually believes you can't catch it if you've been vaccinated. Someone is definately stuck in the past and needs to get with it!!
Half time... where were we? Oh yeah.

No love, I don't think that for one second. My comment was aimed at all the rest of the cobblers you posted.... but then again I'm not young enough to know everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.