RRV AND 18 year old son.

RRV AND 18 year old son.

Old Mar 13th 2017, 8:16 am
Just Joined

ScottyS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RRV AND 18 year old son.

Hi all,
My situation

Im currently living in Sydney with my eldest son of 19 , my wife and youngest son are back in the UK whilst he finishes his GCSES.
I arrived back in Australia 1 day before the expiry of my PR skilled visa, after spending only 6 months here back in 2014/15 would i be eligible for a RRV ?
I have a job and contract here now and would be hoping to bring my wife and youngest son over, but he may be 18 when they are ready to come over.

Q1, If i am granted a RRV does the dependants on my visa automatically qualify for RRV (seperate applications)
Q2, does it affect the visa if my son is 18 and not in education?

Q3 Would eligible ties for my family in UK be myself and eldest living here

Thanks in advance !
Old Mar 13th 2017, 8:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV AND 18 year old son.

Originally Posted by ScottyS
Hi all,
My situation

Im currently living in Sydney with my eldest son of 19 , my wife and youngest son are back in the UK whilst he finishes his GCSES.
I arrived back in Australia 1 day before the expiry of my PR skilled visa, after spending only 6 months here back in 2014/15 would i be eligible for a RRV ?
I have a job and contract here now and would be hoping to bring my wife and youngest son over, but he may be 18 when they are ready to come over.
How long have you been here now? How many ties do you have - job, house etc - the more ties the better.

Q1, If i am granted a RRV does the dependants on my visa automatically qualify for RRV (seperate applications)
No, they have to apply separately but you getting one goes in their favour.

Q2, does it affect the visa if my son is 18 and not in education?
No. He has PR now. Having a job would help wit a RRV application though.

Q3 Would eligible ties for my family in UK be myself and eldest living here

Thanks in advance !
Yes it would. Plus it helps if you have bought a family home and you and your other son have jobs etc here
Old Mar 13th 2017, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Hi Pollyanna,
Thanks for the quick reply.

My son and i have only been back here for 6 weeks now, i came back because of a job offer. My son is working but only temporary for agencies at the moment. We are currently renting accomadation with a view to buying once settled.

My only worry is my 18 year old in the UK for some reason i was of the thinking that if he turned 18 he would have to apply for his his own visa.
What if he had a job in the UK before coming would that affect RRV as he wouldnt be my dependant anymore ?
Scott
Old Mar 13th 2017, 9:01 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pollyanna,

My son and i have only been back here for 6 weeks now, i came back because of a job offer. My son is working but only temporary for agencies at the moment. We are currently renting accomadation with a view to buying once settled.

My only worry is my 18 year old in the UK for some reason i was of the thinking that if he turned 18 he would have to apply for his his own visa.
What if he had a job in the UK before coming would that affect RRV as he wouldnt be my dependant anymore ?
Scott
o, he only needed to remain in education until PR was granted. He now has his own visa, independent of you. He would be ok getting a job in the UK, but in order to get his RRV it would go in his favourif he could show he was aplying for jobs in Aus. Also your job, his brother's job, the fact you are building a home here, that all goes in his favour. The fact the brother's job is temporary isn't so important - he is working here n some shape or form, thats a good tie. Also you have a home here - rented or not, its a start. Many people stay in temp jobs and/or rented accommodation for years

You and your elder son do not even need RRVs yet unless you want to travel, you can live here without them. Its only your wife and younger son that would need them.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 9:03 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pollyanna,

Scott
He already has a visa, so the RRV does not matter if he is dependent now or not - he will need to show ties to Australia. As you and his brother are there setting up the family home, that will hopefully be enough ties but you will not know until your wife and son apply for their RRV's
Old Mar 13th 2017, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Thanks pollyanna and sparkles
Very imformative.
Would it be likely they would give a 3 month visa ? They are coming over for a visit in july and i wouldnt want to aply too early and get the 3 month visa.
Old Mar 13th 2017, 11:27 am
Home and Happy

Thanks pollyanna and sparkles
Very imformative.
Would it be likely they would give a 3 month visa ? They are coming over for a visit in july and i wouldnt want to aply too early and get the 3 month visa.
No way of knowing I'm afraid.