Reload this Page >

Rough idea of costs to take 3 cats to Oz

Rough idea of costs to take 3 cats to Oz

Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

pootle33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rough idea of costs to take 3 cats to Oz

Hi everyone
We are researching a move to Oz as brother and sister in law live there. We adore our cats and although some people think we are mad we cant imagine leaving them behind as they're part of our family. I know transit costs are more than the cost of a flight for us but am I right in thinking (cause I read it somewhere!) it would be £1500 per cat for flight. I've also seen 800 AUSD per cat for quarantine which i can cope with but £4500 on the flights?!?! Please tell me I've got mixed up somehow.....!
Thanks
Old Jul 1st 2010, 5:51 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rough idea of costs to take 3 cats to Oz

Originally Posted by pootle33
Hi everyone
We are researching a move to Oz as brother and sister in law live there. We adore our cats and although some people think we are mad we cant imagine leaving them behind as they're part of our family. I know transit costs are more than the cost of a flight for us but am I right in thinking (cause I read it somewhere!) it would be £1500 per cat for flight. I've also seen 800 AUSD per cat for quarantine which i can cope with but £4500 on the flights?!?! Please tell me I've got mixed up somehow.....!
Thanks
Best bet is to ask these guys. Online quote

http://airpets.com/ee/index.php/airpets/quote
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

My two cats are being picked up on Monday. It is costing me £2,000 to get them to Sydney; this covers the costs of flights, final vet checks, paperwork, collection from my home and nine days boarding before they fly.

Additionally, I will pay for quarantine and this is going to cost A$1,560 for two cats for 30 days. Three cats will cost about $2,400 in quarantine.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 11:05 pm
Trust me.... I'm a nurse.

Nurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really nice

Originally Posted by pootle33
Hi everyone
Thanks
Hiya, we brought our 2 maincoons to Aus last November. We used Airpets (not the cheapest - £1763 for everthing (incl flights!) - but we felt good about them and they were brilliant). The cats flew to Sydney, but we were in Brisbane so we also had the cost of 4 visits to add to our total, but..... forgetting the visiting costs, we spent about $6,000.

£1500 per cat for flights is I'm sure a huge over estimate as they literaly fly 'cargo'. Our 2 flew with Quantus via Singapore and the flights cost us £727.12 for both! I would think therefore, you'd have PLENTY of change from £4500!! Call Airpets (01753 685571), they were awsome and will give you a fixed price on paper within a couple of days. They also helped us overcome what initially appeared to be a huge problem. A very personal service. We opted to pay for anything that gave us piece of mind and them comfort. It was immensly stressful for all of us, but the best money we spent though and they love it here with us and have been life-savers in the battle to feel settled and happy.

£1763 - airpets inclu flights
£500 approx - additional veterinary checks and vaccines
$1870 - for both animals in Quarantine

Last edited by Nurse-Tom; Jul 1st 2010 at 11:25 pm.