Rockingham

Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rockingham

Originally Posted by worzel
It is NOT entirely a shithole, contrary to popular opinion!

We just got back from a weekend camping and boating down at Woodman Point. On Sunday we took boats down to "Boganup" looking for sheltered water and had a cracking day on the beach wakeboarding, donut-ing (on water not highways) and playing beach cricket. It is a shame the views are spoiled by all the heavy industry but it if you didn't look that way it was great. Yes there were utes and bogan hairstyles but you get that everywhere.

(Just to explain - older Perth residents think of Rockingham as a redneck country town or, more recently as a pommie enclave, like Joondalup. Baldivis must have topped a chart sometime in the past. But that stretch of coast between Freo and Rocky has a really good blend of modernism and heritage that you don't get up north so much). All our friends are north and we are settled but I could seriously imagine living down that way especially now the train line has opened).
you would have enjoyed it even more a bit further along the Warnbro Sound, walking, cycling all around it on the path in the dunes with stunning views over the bay the million dollar mansions on the other side.

Point Perron is lovely too and a good fishing spot. The beaches down this end are nicer and safer.

And you are right, there is a mix of people, better off or less fortunate, locals, Brits and a few others (very few Asians though). There are good private schools and Mandurah is not far either. Countryside and loads of horses all around it.

Settlers Hill (Baldivis) is beautiful, close to the train and freeway. The train is not yet as overcrowded than the northern line and 35 min by train you are in Perth.

Most probably we have more restaurants then the northern suburbs and Fremantle is not far either.
Attached Thumbnails Rockingham-bay07.jpg   Rockingham-bay03.jpg   Rockingham-p1000416.jpg  

Last edited by Evelin; Mar 25th 2008 at 3:12 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

fisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nice

After many nights of research on the internet we are still thinking of this area (safety bay)

The stories I have read dont really put us off although we will try to be carefull of areas. We live in a small fishing village in Scotland and we get trouble at kicking out time!! I happens everywhere.

I just hope that when we eventually arrive there it is as nice as it seems!!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fisher lass

We live in a small fishing village in Scotland and we get trouble at kicking out time!! I happens everywhere.
One of the most sensible posts I've seen in a long time. Good luck in endeavours for a new life
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:45 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

We, and some friends, took our boats down to Rockingham this weekend and had a great time. Very quiet for a public holiday.

Made friends with a local dolphin who followed the boats and wanted to play. We actually got to stroke him!

Yes, there is some heavy industry in the distance but it didn't spoil the day.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 1:08 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JRB
I think they must have moved further North, even at the local Duncraig playgroup I went to, it was all Aussies.
I know afew couples who still live in Carine, both are in The Glades now, but we also know of quite afew that went home too. I think quite a number bought blocks of land in Woodvale when they were released and built there. Duncraig wasn't known as a popular place for Brit's, although South Duncraig was a good few years ago, mainly because of St.Stephens school.