Rockingham

Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:51 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rockingham

It is NOT entirely a shithole, contrary to popular opinion!

We just got back from a weekend camping and boating down at Woodman Point. On Sunday we took boats down to "Boganup" looking for sheltered water and had a cracking day on the beach wakeboarding, donut-ing (on water not highways) and playing beach cricket. It is a shame the views are spoiled by all the heavy industry but it if you didn't look that way it was great. Yes there were utes and bogan hairstyles but you get that everywhere.

(Just to explain - older Perth residents think of Rockingham as a redneck country town or, more recently as a pommie enclave, like Joondalup. Baldivis must have topped a chart sometime in the past. But that stretch of coast between Freo and Rocky has a really good blend of modernism and heritage that you don't get up north so much). All our friends are north and we are settled but I could seriously imagine living down that way especially now the train line has opened).
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:55 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rockingham

Nice to hear the voice of reason Worzel - I`ve given up trying to defend the Rockingham area, there is a lot of snobbery around usually from people who don`t live in the area.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that worzel

I've only been here 6 months but I am beginning to get defensive about my new 'home town' already, It sickens me when people have a go about the area you live in without living here themselves...

I love the mix of people you get here .... Real people. Its far away enough from the city to be affordable, but within reach when you need it....

I work in Perth but would jump at the chance of working in my own community.... if the opportunity ever came my way... which is unlikely at present..

I don't have rose coloured glasses on, but I believe people should give an area a fair go before they criticise it.

By the way.... where would one move to in Perth if one does not want to live with too many Pomms in the immediate vicinity?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

marcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to allmarcpiano is a name known to all

Originally Posted by eddie007
By the way.... where would one move to in Perth if one does not want to live with too many Pomms in the immediate vicinity?
Eucla is one of the few places left...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:14 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

I didn't meet any poms in Carine when I lived there, I'm sure there were some lurking about though.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

or they hid it well
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:48 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

.[/QUOTE]

Quite right Worzel...spent 2 weeks there last year...once you get to know it properly (ish) it's good.

Er... probably end up there as well -lol

Dave
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Nice to hear the voice of reason Worzel - I`ve given up trying to defend the Rockingham area, there is a lot of snobbery around usually from people who don`t live in the area.

I've only been here 6 months but I am beginning to get defensive about my new 'home town' already, It sickens me when people have a go about the area you live in without living here themselves...

I love the mix of people you get here .... Real people. Its far away enough from the city to be affordable, but within reach when you need it....

I work in Perth but would jump at the chance of working in my own community.... if the opportunity ever came my way... which is unlikely at present..

I don't have rose coloured glasses on, but I believe people should give an area a fair go before they criticise it.

agree entirely
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Worzel. Mostly for being intelligent enough to look at something with open eyes and be honest enough to verbalise an opinion that doesn't always fit with the mode.

I have been all over Perth, and really cannot see what people's problem is with Rockingham And you say about the industry, but the only thing you can see from the beach in the blue grain terminal. If you live in sought after Freo you have shocking views of all the cranes at the port

I love the fact that Rocky has a good mix of new and old, Oz and English, cheap and expensive. More like real life to me. We were up in Hillarys yesterday and the amount of British football shirts and Nike 3/4 length shorts we saw were horrendous. Thought I might rename it Chav city (ducks and runs).

BTW, curious to know what chart Baldivis must have topped. I think Baldivis is lovely, particularly out of the housing estates.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:15 am
kopites are gobshites

this charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to beholdthis charming man is a splendid one to behold

walk along the foreshore after dark,spend a minute or 2 outside Hungry jacks by the Swinging Pig at kicking out time,stroll around the delightful bus station during the evening,hop on the 920 bus to Kwinana,meet the friendly locals at the Rocky hotel.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh happy days,Rockingham is depressing,grey,soulless and lifeless, I could imagine John Major as mayor.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 12:57 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I don`t go near the Swinging Pig, it`s too full of Poms - never appealed but surely most pubs are a nightmare at kicking out time. As for the bus station I do believe it`s being rebuilt at the mo.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

yangebup! i am the only english in the villiage!!! or so it feels
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:06 am

Jumbo_Celcius is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by this charming man
walk along the foreshore after dark,spend a minute or 2 outside Hungry jacks by the Swinging Pig at kicking out time,stroll around the delightful bus station during the evening,hop on the 920 bus to Kwinana,meet the friendly locals at the Rocky hotel.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh happy days,Rockingham is depressing,grey,soulless and lifeless, I could imagine John Major as mayor.
Ha-ha-ha, you still here TCM, thought you would have made an escape plan by now?
You should have been up in city centre/West Perth/Subiaco on Friday evening/nightime, I felt like Charlton Heston in The Omega Man!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:42 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JRB
I didn't meet any poms in Carine when I lived there, I'm sure there were some lurking about though.
Lurking??? Carine WAS the pommie enclave in the 90's.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:48 am
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

I think they must have moved further North, even at the local Duncraig playgroup I went to, it was all Aussies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.