Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is that right, about University entry here?

Is that right, about University entry here?

Old May 12th 2008, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Is that right, about University entry here?

Both of my children are at uni here, QTAC is like the handling house for all the uni's and their courses. Obviously the higher your OP or ranking the more chance you have of getting your first choice.

Useful to keep in mind that the more popular courses will have a higher requirements also.

I'm sorry but your neighbor seems to have started an urban myth about uni entry

T
Old May 12th 2008, 8:03 am
Pingpong2441

Smile Re: Is that right, about University entry here?

im in year 12 and currently doing my HSC this year in New South Wales. i can fill you in on some uni stuff cause im applying in november.

first things first: YOU decided what degree you want to do but you MUST get the marks (UAI in NSW) to get accepted into the course.
ie. if you wanted to do psychology you need a UAI of 92.4 which is VERY high, (its out of 100). But if you wanted to get into something like web design its only a UAI of about 75.

If you dont get these marks it is not the end of the world though, apply for a bachelors degree in the arts and there are heaps of other ways to get into the course.