Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Certifying documents advice

Certifying documents advice

Old Apr 27th 2018, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Jemjem123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certifying documents advice

Hi so have to have all docs certified as true copies by solicitor or doctor eg. Spoke to my solicitor and she said they charge per document she said she would do £10 a doc...we have loads!! Pays slips, p60s, 5 passports, u name it! I feel like this is A LOT of money. Talking into £400.

Anyone any ideas on cheaper option
Old Apr 27th 2018, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certifying documents advice

Is this for the assessment or for the actual visa application? For the on line visa application you can attach colour scans of originals without certification.
Some assessing bodies however still need certified copies. Shop around, we went to a small high street solicitor with the originals and the copies, we had a lot for a business visa, he agreed to a flat fee of £35.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Is this for the assessment or for the actual visa application? For the on line visa application you can attach colour scans of originals without certification.
Some assessing bodies however still need certified copies. Shop around, we went to a small high street solicitor with the originals and the copies, we had a lot for a business visa, he agreed to a flat fee of £35.
Hey for the actual visa. My agent said everything certified bar his CV 😱 im going to ring round monday
Old Apr 28th 2018, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

For an on line visa application colour scans of original documents will be fine. No need for certification. We did this with no issues. Not sure why an agent is asking you to do this unless it is for the skills assessment. Do you already have a positive skills assessment?

Last edited by rammygirl; Apr 28th 2018 at 5:43 am.
Old Apr 28th 2018, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rammygirl
For an on line visa application colour scans of original documents will be fine. No need for certification. We did this with no issues. Not sure why an agent is asking you to do this unless it is for the skills assessment. Do you already have a positive skills assessment?
Hey no not yet, he specifically certified copies for visa but u might as well get them certified for skills assessment then I can use same ones.

Quote 'Most of the documents required for the skils assessment are also required for your visa application. Since the visa application requires certified copies of the original document. I recommend that you obtain certified copied for the skills assessment as well. Then I will be able to use the same document for both your skills assessment and visa application.'
Old Apr 29th 2018, 5:46 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jemjem123
Hey no not yet, he specifically certified copies for visa but u might as well get them certified for skills assessment then I can use same ones.

Quote 'Most of the documents required for the skils assessment are also required for your visa application. Since the visa application requires certified copies of the original document. I recommend that you obtain certified copied for the skills assessment as well. Then I will be able to use the same document for both your skills assessment and visa application.'
If your agent is MARA registered then he can certify them. DIBP (or whatever they're called this week) allows certified copies by registered agents. Why pay hundreds of pounds for something your agent can do for free?
Old Apr 29th 2018, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If your agent is MARA registered then he can certify them. DIBP (or whatever they're called this week) allows certified copies by registered agents. Why pay hundreds of pounds for something your agent can do for free?
My agent is in Australia im in the UK. The sponsor picked rhe agent. I think im going to ask a police officer I know
Old Apr 29th 2018, 12:01 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you are applying online then you don't need certified copies of your documents; that's only required for a paper based application.
Old Apr 29th 2018, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

You may need certified copies for the skills assessment but not the visa application. Each assessing body has their own rules on this and also a list of who they will accept to certify. If your agent is MARA registered they should know this and be able to give you the details. I think there is some confusion here......