Reload this Page >

Renting in Australia

Renting in Australia

Old Aug 8th 2013, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

PandaQueen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renting in Australia

Hi,

I wanted to tell everyone how grateful I am. Because of you all I realised I was being a tad optimistic to say the least.

spouse of scouse, it's strange that you gave me that link, because I actually just booked a place from there!! I'm really glad you advised that though because it makes me feel a lot better about having purchased. I'm staying with a couple who live about 15 minutes from Adelaide City, and I've booked for 28 days. That will hopefully be enough time to find a place, what do you guys think? I can always rent another place in the meantime too, so let me know!
Old Aug 8th 2013, 3:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renting in Australia

Originally Posted by PandaQueen
Hi,

I wanted to tell everyone how grateful I am. Because of you all I realised I was being a tad optimistic to say the least.

spouse of scouse, it's strange that you gave me that link, because I actually just booked a place from there!! I'm really glad you advised that though because it makes me feel a lot better about having purchased. I'm staying with a couple who live about 15 minutes from Adelaide City, and I've booked for 28 days. That will hopefully be enough time to find a place, what do you guys think? I can always rent another place in the meantime too, so let me know!
Sounds great, good for you! The security is one of the reasons I like airbnb, they don't pass your money onto the property owner if there's any problems, so there's no incentive for people on the site to scam you.

There was one time when we'd booked an apartment in New York, and the owner cancelled our booking a couple of weeks prior. A 'real' person (not an automated message) from airbnb emailed us, said how sorry they were and how upsetting they realized to was to be cancelled so close to our trip. They went out of their way to find us alternative accommodation, and they refunded the booking fee as well. Top class service

I think your plan is a good one. Hopefully you'll find a permanent rental in the month, but if not at least you know you won't be stranded with nowhere to go (apart from expensive hotels, holiday rentals etc) - you might be able to stay on a bit longer at your existing place and if not, there's bound to be another airbnb place to crash at. Enjoy your trip to Oz - don't forget the sunscreen