Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

RENEWING BRITISH PASSPORTS

RENEWING BRITISH PASSPORTS

Old Jun 19th 2007, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Flishinghurst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RENEWING BRITISH PASSPORTS

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES AT THE MOMENT TO RENEW A BRITISH PASSPORT IN CANBERRA. I SENT MINE BY REGISTERED POST ON 6TH JUNE ARRIVED THERE ON THE 8TH JUNE AND POST OFFICE HAVE TOLD ME THE LETTER WAS DAMAGED. CALLED THE PASSPORT OFFICE TO ASK WHETHER THEY COULD CONFIRM THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE PASSPORTS AND THAT THEY HAD NOT DISAPPEARD FROM THE LETTER AND SHE INFORMED ME THAT THEY CANT TELL ME THIS UNTIL THEY ARE BEING PROCESSED. MY CREDIT CARD HAS NOT BEEN CHARGED SO NOW FRANTIC AS MY SON IS DUE TO GO HOME ON AUGUST 1ST. HAS ANYONE APPLIED FOR A RENEWAL IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS AND HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR THEIR CREDIT CARD TO BE DEBITED AND HOW LONG TO RECEIVE THEIR NEW ONES IN THE POST.

THANKS FOR ANY INFORMATION
DEBS
Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RENEWING BRITISH PASSPORTS

if you wrote the travel date on the form, this is taken into account.

I applied on 27th March, it was signed for on 30th march.
Credit card was debited on 27th April (Friday) and I received my daughter's brand new passport arrived on 1st May (Tues- 2 working days after CC was debited).

Our travel date is this Friday, so presumably we were not priority.

PS CAPS LOCK SOUNDS DEAFENING.