Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old Nov 20th 2012, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

torface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
It's usually quite easy to get a copy of the birth certificate, you can apply online from the GRO and have them send it to an overseas address.

For a damaged passport, I would probably tick renewal and include the damaged passport in the application.

Birth in the UK from 1983 does not automatically mean someone is a British citizen.
Thanks for that.

Surely though, having a British birth certificate and a current British passport proves British citizenship??
Old Nov 20th 2012, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by torface
Surely though, having a British birth certificate and a current British passport proves British citizenship??
Normally for a passport renewal or replacement application in the UK you don't need to send in these things, don't know about overseas applications.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Just renewed husbands british passport, had to do it through Aus Post. It was really easy as it was just a renewal of existing one, so no other documentation required and no countersignature.

The part that hurt though ....... .......$275

Unbelievable

In the UK it costs 82 pounds if you have the post office check it, about 75 pounds if you just post it

Just can't see the justification of $275 for renewing, I know there are courier costs incorporated but still
Old Jan 4th 2013, 6:38 am
Just Joined

webber78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers for the Info, got to do mine soon. $275! Wowsers...
Old Jan 8th 2013, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

stummo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi - had a trawl through but did not see the answer so will ask the question...

I'm possibly looking like I will need to travel to the UK mid Feb for a week for work, my UK passport expires in July 2013 so will have less than 6 months left when I return to australia (I assume I will have no problem getting into the UK ). As the travel is in a months time - I'm nervous about sending off my passport for renewal - so the question is will I have any issues returning to australia with less than 6 months left on my UK passport. Note I have a PR 175 Visa in my current passport.

Many Thanks

Stu
Old Jan 9th 2013, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Not with getting into Australia, no. You may have an issue in certain countries if you are intending to stay over and they have the necessity of more than a 6 month validity. If you are just transiting through though you should be okay x
Old Jan 9th 2013, 1:29 am
Just Joined

stummo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jilliebee
Not with getting into Australia, no. You may have an issue in certain countries if you are intending to stay over and they have the necessity of more than a 6 month validity. If you are just transiting through though you should be okay x
Thanks for that - no stopping simply transit through Dubai or Singapore...

Cheers
Stu.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 7:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stummo
Thanks for that - no stopping simply transit through Dubai or Singapore...

Cheers
Stu.
You'll be fine then
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:51 am
Just Joined

tobysmama is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all! Again apologies if this has been covered but ive tried reading back as much as i can.

I am renewing my UK passport for travel in 7 weeks. I have a current burgundy colour UK passport. On the application form for renewal it asks me to detail my mum and dads UK passport details. This is no problem with my mum, however my dad has an Irish passport and was born in Germany while his dad was in the army ... therefore i cannot complete the passport section for him. Will this delay my application? Im so worried!
Old Jan 21st 2013, 12:42 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

I have a similar situation - i just filled in the place and date of birth information for my Dad and stated I didn't know his passport details. For my Mum's Irish passport (she is also a British Citizen but only has an Irish passport) I put the passport number, place and date of birth. Mine was renewed no problems - if you already have had a British passport you would have (I assume) proven previously that you are entitled to one so I expect they're not too worried if small pieces of info are missing.

Hope it works out for you!
Old Jan 21st 2013, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin
I have a similar situation - i just filled in the place and date of birth information for my Dad and stated I didn't know his passport details. For my Mum's Irish passport (she is also a British Citizen but only has an Irish passport) I put the passport number, place and date of birth. Mine was renewed no problems - if you already have had a British passport you would have (I assume) proven previously that you are entitled to one so I expect they're not too worried if small pieces of info are missing.

Hope it works out for you!
Thank-you so much!

This gives me hope it will all be okay, ive already had a huge palaver with the photos .. i was starting to think i was never gunna get there!

So you wrote down your mothers Irish passport number? Did you state on there somewhere that it was an Irish passport or just leave it as it was?
Old Jan 21st 2013, 1:31 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tobysmama
Thank-you so much!

This gives me hope it will all be okay, ive already had a huge palaver with the photos .. i was starting to think i was never gunna get there!

So you wrote down your mothers Irish passport number? Did you state on there somewhere that it was an Irish passport or just leave it as it was?
I think I put (Irish) next to the box - I assumed it would be read by a human so writing outside the box would be OK.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin
I think I put (Irish) next to the box - I assumed it would be read by a human so writing outside the box would be OK.
Awesome, i will do the same! Thanks again
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

PominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond reputePominOz1 has a reputation beyond repute

If my memory serves me you have to put place of issue?