Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old May 28th 2009, 8:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Originally Posted by Safin
If I get my passport renewed by fast post whilst "living" at my mum's during my visit there next month what do I do about my PR visa label? Is it ok to travel back carrying both the old labelled passport and new unlabelled one? Once back here I'd get the label redone in the new one but won't have time in the UK to go to a passport office and do it.
Yes, just carry both passports. When you get back here take it into DIAC and hey'lll give you a new label
Old May 30th 2009, 6:21 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Just renewing our children's passports - we have read that the photos need to be signed (and the forms counter-signed) by someone who has known us for 2 years - we've only been here for 1.5years and only know family here (who are also British).

And also, does it have to be a doctor/justice of the peace etc, or just a British citizen?

Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

Originally Posted by Urno
Just renewing our children's passports - we have read that the photos need to be signed (and the forms counter-signed) by someone who has known us for 2 years - we've only been here for 1.5years and only know family here (who are also British).

And also, does it have to be a doctor/justice of the peace etc, or just a British citizen?

I am also interested in this. My son's passport needs renewing and we have only been here for 7 months so don't have anyone who can sign. Thought about ringing up and then found out that you have to pay $9.90 by credit card for any passport enquiries. The annoying thing is, I phoned the passport people in England before we came out because I was concerned that his passport would run out shortly after we arrived and was advised that there would be no problem renewing it once we got here!

Any advice would be great, the only other thing I guess is to wait until we have been here 2 years and hope that there are no emergencies in the meantime.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:35 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NiknAid
I am also interested in this. My son's passport needs renewing and we have only been here for 7 months so don't have anyone who can sign. Thought about ringing up and then found out that you have to pay $9.90 by credit card for any passport enquiries. The annoying thing is, I phoned the passport people in England before we came out because I was concerned that his passport would run out shortly after we arrived and was advised that there would be no problem renewing it once we got here!

Any advice would be great, the only other thing I guess is to wait until we have been here 2 years and hope that there are no emergencies in the meantime.
Have a read of this in the Wiki -
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Obtain...ports_overseas
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:31 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!!!
My 4 daughter's UK passports will need to be renewed at the same time in 2012.......I'd better start saving now
Beth x x
Old Jun 8th 2009, 7:21 am
Just Joined

naylam will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Just thought I would share this link to any of you who are about to renew their UK Passports in OZ.

http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/n...ws&id=17606365

I've spoken with the Australia Post office today, and the service will commence on the 2/06/2009.

As far as I know for the Gold Coast, Pacific Fair and Surfers Paradise are the only Post office's offering this service at the moment.
The GPO in Darwin will offer this service too according to their website.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:06 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
So it HAS to go via Aus Post plus a $50 fee for doing it, even if you don't wnat it checked by AUs Post they will do it anyway! And the cost of renewing here is already higher than renewing at home.
Talk about a racket.
I predict an upsurge in Brits timing their trips back ti the UK to coincide with passport renewal..........

Thanks for posting it, as it will affect so many of us I will sticky it for a while
Jeez what a swiz. I notice that the consular exchange rate bares absolutely no relation to any kind of real exchange rate.

Is there anything to stop you renewing your passport in the UK as a regular UK citizen would do? Send the old one through to relatives and get them to send the domestic forms in?

S
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:04 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Jeez what a swiz. I notice that the consular exchange rate bares absolutely no relation to any kind of real exchange rate.

Is there anything to stop you renewing your passport in the UK as a regular UK citizen would do? Send the old one through to relatives and get them to send the domestic forms in?

S
I'm told that you need an addres sin the UK to renew in the UK otherwise they refer you to the High Commission/Embassy wherever. However, if you have a UK address............
Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:28 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm told that you need an addres sin the UK to renew in the UK otherwise they refer you to the High Commission/Embassy wherever. However, if you have a UK address............
Well, my folks are willing and able to help out, and that was the last address I was registered at. I may give this a try - It seems like a complete polava though...

Will need to renew at the end of July, so I will report back as to how I get on...

S
Old Jun 12th 2009, 4:19 am
Just Joined

speedyap is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Just thought I would share this link to any of you who are about to renew their UK Passports in OZ.

http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/n...ws&id=17606365

I've spoken with the Australia Post office today, and the service will commence on the 2/06/2009.

As far as I know for the Gold Coast, Pacific Fair and Surfers Paradise are the only Post office's offering this service at the moment.
Can't you just get someone back home to send you the forms and then you post the passports and information back to them and then they post it for you. Thats how we are doing most of our stuff at moment. Works fine, just takes a little longer.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

Hi

I need to renew my sons passport and am all for renewing as if we are still living in UK. (My sister is renting our house from us and the post office just re directs all our post to us here in Aus)

What I am worried about though is that my sons passport won't have an EXIT stamp for leaving Australia and so if they might realise he is still here! Do you think that would cause problems or has anybody done it this way and been ok?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:02 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by MANDS14
Hi

I need to renew my sons passport and am all for renewing as if we are still living in UK. (My sister is renting our house from us and the post office just re directs all our post to us here in Aus)

What I am worried about though is that my sons passport won't have an EXIT stamp for leaving Australia and so if they might realise he is still here! Do you think that would cause problems or has anybody done it this way and been ok?
Doubt they'll notice or care as many countries (UK included) don't stamp the passprot on entry/exit.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice

ok thanks Pollyanna. I am going to try and do it as if we are lioving in UK then to save paying 3 times the price!

Wish me luck! I'll let you all know if it comes back ok!
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:21 am
has lost The Game

ok thanks Pollyanna. I am going to try and do it as if we are lioving in UK then to save paying 3 times the price!

I was going to try it this way too, though it look like I will just about have my Aussie passport in time for my trip to the US now. I will renew my UK one next year, so will be interested to find out how you get on...

S
Old Jun 19th 2009, 7:02 am
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

my husband and son need to renew theres, let me know how u get on as its way cheaper that way thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.