Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

CrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud of
Default Re: Renewal of UK Passports in OZ.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Australia Post aren't renowned for their helpfulness
Also note that the service isn't offered at all Australia Post branches, at least not yet. So they might not have known.

I've just successfully renewed my British passport via AusPost. It took 15 days from submission to delivery of new passport, which I thought wasn't too bad at all.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CrunchieFrog
Also note that the service isn't offered at all Australia Post branches, at least not yet. So they might not have known.

I've just successfully renewed my British passport via AusPost. It took 15 days from submission to delivery of new passport, which I thought wasn't too bad at all.
Oh that is good news that once it is sent properly, it doesn't take too long! I've checked the website and the post office I took it to IS on the list (just to add insult to injury!). How much on top of the $279 fee do the post office charge for this service?
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:06 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UK2Perth
Oh that is good news that once it is sent properly, it doesn't take too long! I've checked the website and the post office I took it to IS on the list (just to add insult to injury!). How much on top of the $279 fee do the post office charge for this service?
I think it's $50.

S
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

CrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by UK2Perth
It was AUD317 for a 32 page renewal. The 48 page costs more.

http://ukinaustralia.fco.gov.uk/en/p...fees-australia
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I think it's $50.

S
$50 for a service that i'm sure most people are quite capable of doing themselves gggggggrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for your help. Im sitting next to post box waiting for it to be returned so that I can hand over my extra $50 to the post office and start again! ha ha
Old Aug 21st 2009, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

dpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to all

This may have been asked before, but how are people getting round the immigration stamps not adding up if they are sending passports to relatives in the UK to be renewed?
There is a declaration on the UK-based renewal form which says you have to be in the UK at the time of application, but the "arrived" and "departed" stamps won't match up- has anyone had a passport renewal refused because of this?
Old Aug 21st 2009, 4:59 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dpande
This may have been asked before, but how are people getting round the immigration stamps not adding up if they are sending passports to relatives in the UK to be renewed?
There is a declaration on the UK-based renewal form which says you have to be in the UK at the time of application, but the "arrived" and "departed" stamps won't match up- has anyone had a passport renewal refused because of this?

I don't believe that the UK stamps passports in and out of the country do they? Plus, who's to say that you didn't enter the UK via a European airport and then the channel tunnel, where individual checks of passports are uncommon.

Also, do they really have time to go through everybody's passports, matching up all of the incoming/outgoing stamps on each page? That would be a mammoth task I suspect...

I still think that we need a test case to go through with this route to see if it succeeds.

S
Old Aug 21st 2009, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

dpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to alldpande is a name known to all

I don't believe that the UK stamps passports in and out of the country do they? Plus, who's to say that you didn't enter the UK via a European airport and then the channel tunnel, where individual checks of passports are uncommon.

Also, do they really have time to go through everybody's passports, matching up all of the incoming/outgoing stamps on each page? That would be a mammoth task I suspect...

I still think that we need a test case to go through with this route to see if it succeeds.

S
I meant the stamps that say "Australian Immigration- Arrived date" or "Australian Immigration- Departed date"- there will be one more "arrived" stamps than "departed" ones.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 5:19 am
has lost The Game

I meant the stamps that say "Australian Immigration- Arrived date" or "Australian Immigration- Departed date"- there will be one more "arrived" stamps than "departed" ones.

I understand what you are saying - I am asking if the passport people really have the time to leaf through the pages of each passport renewal that they process to match up any disparity in arrival and departure stamps.

And who is to say that a person hasn't entered Australia on a UK passport, gained citizenship and then departed on their shiny new Aussie one? That would cause a disparity between the stamps would it not?

I think that such painstaking checking and cross checking would take far too long...

S
Old Aug 21st 2009, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Sorry- didn't read your post properly.
I have only left the EU on my current passport once before so it would be easy to spot the stamp discrepancy in it.
The test case should ideally have loads of jumbled stamps then??
Old Aug 21st 2009, 5:52 am
has lost The Game

Sorry- didn't read your post properly.
I have only left the EU on my current passport once before so it would be easy to spot the stamp discrepancy in it.
The test case should ideally have loads of jumbled stamps then??
I guess so, but even in you r case there's no reason that you couldn't have left on one passport, and arrived on another.

S
Old Aug 31st 2009, 4:10 am
Just Joined

mojorising is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess so, but even in you r case there's no reason that you couldn't have left on one passport, and arrived on another.

S
Exactly.

You could have left aussie on your aussie passport if you have 2 passports.

Can anyone tell me if you get your old passport back when you renew the UK passport in Australia? I did before - they just cut the corner off the front page. But that was 10 years ago and in the UK so don't know if you still get it back?
Old Aug 31st 2009, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mojorising
Exactly.
Can anyone tell me if you get your old passport back when you renew the UK passport in Australia? I did before - they just cut the corner off the front page. But that was 10 years ago and in the UK so don't know if you still get it back?
I did get my old passport back with the new, corner cut off, and this was in the last few weeks.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.

Yes you do get it back
Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.

I just got my sons back this week and yes you do. I got his checked and sent at the post office and I didnt get charged. Not sure if it was because it was a childs one?? I would have thought it would be a standard charge regardless.

I got his done at Pacific Fair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.