Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Relocation Packages

Relocation Packages

Old Jul 6th 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

janinekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nice
Default Relocation Packages

Iv been informed by my migration agency that we could be in Oz for the end of September. Im waiting to hear from him tomorrow to confirm things. But in the meantime can anybody tell me that if you are being sponsored on a 457 visa can the sponsoring companies offer any kind of Relocation packages as we will be up rooting quite quickly as a family. If you saw what I have just seen you would not think we were making hasty decisions. A poor little old lady mugged 20 mins ago in daylight by a f******g hoody:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::cu rse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Jul 7th 2008, 2:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation Packages

Originally Posted by janinekidd
Iv been informed by my migration agency that we could be in Oz for the end of September. Im waiting to hear from him tomorrow to confirm things. But in the meantime can anybody tell me that if you are being sponsored on a 457 visa can the sponsoring companies offer any kind of Relocation packages as we will be up rooting quite quickly as a family. If you saw what I have just seen you would not think we were making hasty decisions. A poor little old lady mugged 20 mins ago in daylight by a f******g hoody:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::curse::cu rse::curse::curse::curse:
You'd need to speak to the sponsoring company - only they could tell you what they are offering. Have you a copy of the sponsorship agreement and did they include anything in that?

(ps - people get mugged here too you know)
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:47 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they "can" but as Pollyana says, it's down to you to negotiate the specific terms. Don't have time right now but if you want to know what kind of things to ask for, post again or PM me to remind me later.

(From a more selfish perspective if you're in Redcar I'd be grateful for more details by PM on the little old lady; I know quite a few there including one I call Mum. Thanks.)
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:43 am
Heading to WA

roamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really niceroamer25 is just really nice

I'm going on the 457 with the WA dept of Education next year and they offer relocation help. They help you find a house, cover some initial costs etc.

As others have said, each company or state department has their own, and from hwat I have seen so far, it also depends on whether you are going rural or remote.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

maxtye has a spectacular aura aboutmaxtye has a spectacular aura aboutmaxtye has a spectacular aura about

I was offered a job on a 457 with 2 weeks temp accommodation.

The 457 just seems so tying to me, think I'm going to go down the 175 skilled route.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by janinekidd
For me and missus we are going on a 457. (its the missus who has the 457) It is true they are tie in issues but her employers seem very very good and we were offered a ding dong of a relocation package that is probably better than most you find. Don't really wanna disclose how much but its better than a couple weeks accomodation and flights. We have no house to sell only a second hand car, I won't have a job straight away and our savings will be meagre at that so 457 was the best way to go for us and then we can think about asking her employer to go PR after 6 months.

If you want out of the country quicker (UK) then the 457 is one of the faster processing visas in terms of waiting times.

p.s. with regards the crime. Its everywhere sadly. I had the same train of thought as you, but sadly we can't confuse Aus with 'Oz' (as in the wizard of..) there ain't no yellow brick road to the emerald city, but hey aussie crime aside its a beautiful country.

Good luck!